7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

02 Civic EX coupe rear speakers 6x9's what brands fit???

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jmars808 is an unknown quantity at this point
02 Civic EX coupe rear speakers 6x9's what brands fit???

Hello,

I am upgrading my stock system and need some help.
I put 6.75" Polk components up front (custom fit) and a JL audio sub in the trunk.

The problem is that I want to add rear fill with new speakers in the rear deck. Crutchfield says only certain 6x9's will fit..I am wondering why and if any of you guys could tell me what fits in your cars? Sony? Polk?

I have at least 3.25" of bottom depth before I hit the tension bars but Crutchfield says that some speakers with less than 3" of bottom depth won't fit. I find this strange unless there is a top fit issue...

What kind of speakers does everyone have that fits???

Thank you!!!
Old 01-10-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
Re: 02 Civic EX coupe rear speakers 6x9's what brands fit???

I don't have my torsion bars anymore, but I have duals in the back. Cheaper than sonys but pound harder
Old 01-10-2012
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

search the DIY section..there are posts on how and what to do for the rear deck..check the 7th gen DIY.. I am not sure which ones fit without removing your torrsion bars..
Old 01-10-2012
Registered!!

Ok. So Duals fit. good. I chatted with Crutchfield and they said the issue was the top mounting depth. I asked him what the limit was and he said anything over .499" you would have to modify it. Not sure what measurement that is ..half inch?? But the Alpines that they say fit have 2 13/16 top depth.

I will check the DIY area too.
Old 01-10-2012
Registered!!

got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough

I just finished putting infinity reference 2-way 6x9s in back. I kept my trunk springs in. They fit after I:

1.) Used the (.5 in ?) spacer that came with the speakers
2.) Put a washer (yes, it was that close of a fit) under one of the rear screws in each speaker.
3.) Dremmeled off the lip on the underside of the rear deck that surrounds the speaker so the rear deck would fit over the speakers.

Took a lot of work, but the speakers sound awesome.
Old 01-11-2012
Registered!!

Yeah, I figured most speakers back there would require some extra work to get them to clear the rear deck. I actually picked up some Sony 6x9's with a gift card I got for $50. Decent and cost effective. I got my top of the line Polk components up front and just wanted the back for rear fill. I am going to try and see if they will fit and work back there..

I wonder if I should even use speakers back there??? I am sending 100 watts RMS to the front components of my amp and just running the rear 6x9's off the JVC head unit with a 300 watt RMS JL Audio sub in the trunk....
Old 01-11-2012

Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

IMO you should still put them in..only cause it will help balance the mids(and highs if 3-way) with the rest of the bass. It will help deliever a more quality sound..which is what i like..i never build a system to rattle my bones like i used to anymore..i like good quality sound with bass..
Old 01-11-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Gunner
IMO you should still put them in..only cause it will help balance the mids(and highs if 3-way) with the rest of the bass. It will help deliever a more quality sound..which is what i like..i never build a system to rattle my bones like i used to anymore..i like good quality sound with bass..
Exactly. That's what I want. I am not 18 anymore...LOL

I agree. I want the full sound. I went with a sealed box with a quality sub for that reason.
Old 01-11-2012

Yeah im in my thirties now and the wife does not see eye to eye with me when it comes to my car..right now i am looking to upgrade my system..probly gonna just get one 10 or maybe dual 10s with only like a 2-300 watt amp..im not trying to go deaf just want some good sounds..
Old 01-11-2012
Registered!!

I've always liked a single 12" sub in a sealed box. Tighter bass, less boomy and you get to save on trunk space for the groceries and stuff. I went with the 300RMS JL AUDIO 12" 1w2 with a Sound Ordinance 4 ch amp Putting out 270 RMS to the sub and 100 RMS to the components. Should sound good. I am getting the new amp back from Crutchfield today and will FINALLY turn everything on to hear it!
Old 01-16-2012
Registered!!

Update: I ordered some Alpine SPE-6090 6" x 9" Type-E Coaxial 2-way Car Speakers which should fit with the height restrictions of our cars. But even without them installed yet my audio system sounds AMAZING so far!!! I highly recommend Polk Audio componets and JL Audio subs!!! Running them all of an Sound Ordinance M4100 amp. Had to send first amp back but the second one has tons of clean power.
Old 01-16-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Gunner
Yeah im in my thirties now and the wife does not see eye to eye with me when it comes to my car..right now i am looking to upgrade my system..probly gonna just get one 10 or maybe dual 10s with only like a 2-300 watt amp..im not trying to go deaf just want some good sounds..
you should definitely get a single JL 12w7 in a smaller sealed box that sub is one of the best sounding subs i have ever heard its really an amazing sub.