7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear Speaker fitment

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough
Rear Speaker fitment

I'm installing new rear speakers in my coupe right now. I purposely got infinity reference speakers because I thought someone on here said that those fit fine in their car. They came with a small black spacer and using the spacer, the speaker barely clears the trunk springs. Problem is now I can't get the rear deck back in place. I think the part of the deck that is causing it to not fit is the speaker cutout areas... they have like an inch lip to close around the speaker and it won't fit over the speaker, but if I could get it in place, I don't think the speaker would be too tall. I'm wondering... should I cut the lip off and would that allow the deck to slide over the speaker and into place?
Old 01-06-2012
Registered!!

Durango98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Rear Speaker fitment

I recently installed infinity reference speakers in my civic LX sedan. I didn't use that black ring that came with the speakers, I just put down that foam ring sticker then screwed it down. Mine is a sedan so it might be a bit different.
Old 01-06-2012
Registered!!

got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough
Re: Rear Speaker fitment

Well, I ended up taking a dremel to the lip that surrounds the speakers on the underside of the rear deck and totally eliminating it. I was then able to get it over the speakers and snapped back into place. I used the black spacers that came with the speakers, I believe they were half-inch plus a washer in the 2nd furthest hole to mount the speakers so they cleared the trunk springs. With the spacer, it is impossible to put the fourth screw in to hold the speakers down. As a result, I have 3 in each and it seems sufficient to hold them down. The speakers sound great and they don't rattle. If anyone is wondering... the infinity reference speakers that fit in the sedan is a totally different story than 6x9 infinity reference speakers fitting in the coupe.