7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

How Much Horsepower?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
How Much Horsepower?

I'm planning on getting kpro soon, and I have a 01 civic coupe lx with the d17a1. I have I/h/e and once I get kpro I'm gonna add on my d16y8 intake manifold and a bored out tb. How much horsepower would I be looking at? Kpro will allow me to get the most out of my mods and I hope to gain a good number
Old 01-01-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: How Much Horsepower?

110whp, maybe.

You can't really take maximum advantage of k-pro till you put in a cam.
Old 01-01-2012
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

Dang that sucks
Old 01-01-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

After you get k-pro though..

Stage 2 cam, valve springs - say hello to 145whp.
Old 01-01-2012
Busy Speeding!!

I did some serious searching and Andyman97 posted on hondatech "When Hondata tuned a stock d17, they picked up about 25-30 whp just from tuning on kpro, no other mods"

What?? If that is true this k-pro will be the best mod ever. I emailed hondata to find out the legitimacy of this statement but I know andyman is really trustworthy, that guy wouldn't just make that stuff up. I'll probably get a response tomorrow. I think they're closed today
Old 01-01-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I've heard about that claim from Hondata, it's impossible on a sohc engine.

An average stock d17 dynos at around 105whp, if k-pro alone gives 25whp, that means 130whp is possible without any other mods. D17s with a stage 1, I/H/E, and K-pro barely hit 130whp.
Old 01-01-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

The K-Pro is just a building block, that's for sure...It's not going to give you the hp you want with out a "big" performance mod. Like MindBomber said, You need to at least grab a new can to go with that intake before you'll see some real gains.
Old 01-01-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

eeeerms... slimrisk, yer on a A1... not sure if the said gains will happen with a non-vtec...
Old 01-01-2012
Busy Speeding!!

^^ good point there sdaidoji
Old 01-02-2012
Registered!!

RamAirDave is an unknown quantity at this point

why....whyy....why...why??? LMAO!!:??
Old 01-03-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^because he can
Old 01-03-2012
Registered!!

Just hate to see a young guy dump money into a car and still have it run 17's in the 1/4 lol.
Old 01-03-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Originally Posted by RamAirDave
Just hate to see a young guy dump money into a car and still have it run 17's in the 1/4 lol.
Im saving for a K-Swap and going to eventually turbo that. I also have a Nos tank just sitting around that i might take advantage of. but im young, and have a good paying job, no bills besides my phone and my car is what i spend my money on
Old 01-03-2012
Registered!!

Thats cool man.
Turbo huh...shootin for high 15's lol....I just dont get it. Take one of the slowest cars on the road and make it run with the middle of the pack cars that are stock.

But Different strokes right.
Old 01-03-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Turboing a k swap won't put me at high 15s lol what you been smoking? A 170 whp d17 can do the quarter in low 15s. K swaps can hit low 15s and mid 14s easily. Turbo that at 10+ psi and your talking 13s
Old 01-03-2012
Registered!!

haha...Ok...so at the level of many stock cars.

Sorry, I just dont get it and no one will convince me otherwise on a Honda.

We all like different things I suppose.
Old 01-03-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I'll never understand the fascination people have with drag racing, period. Going really fast for a few seconds in a straight line... not my cup of tea.

Still, a stock engine k24 with a 6262 turbo is capable of a 10 second pass in an em2, which is pretty respectable. Not all of us can have a Corvette.
Old 01-03-2012
Busy Speeding!!

I like my civic for the chassis. Lightweight and I love the design. I got a full bodykit and a custom paint job and it's beautiful
Old 01-04-2012
Registered!!

When I am finished with my car (if you can call it finished...it probably will never end lol) it will have just under 300whp, maybe even down to 250ish, BUT, it will have pretty much every suspension upgrade to the suspension I can possibly think of; why? Because I don't care how fast my car can do 1/4 mile drag, anyone can drag race, but how many can post a good time at auto-x, or any race that involves corners. I'm not trying to harp on the dragsters or anything, I'm just saying that not all people build cars to drag race with.
Old 01-04-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Originally Posted by Aetoc
When I am finished with my car (if you can call it finished...it probably will never end lol) it will have just under 300whp, maybe even down to 250ish, BUT, it will have pretty much every suspension upgrade to the suspension I can possibly think of; why? Because I don't care how fast my car can do 1/4 mile drag, anyone can drag race, but how many can post a good time at auto-x, or any race that involves corners. I'm not trying to harp on the dragsters or anything, I'm just saying that not all people build cars to drag race with.
That's actually really cool. I wish I had a passion for my suspension but my passion is mostly into engines. I think down the road ill get a few aftermarket suspension parts
Old 01-04-2012
Registered!!

Yup...Like I said...different strokes.

All that really matters at the end of the day is if you love it, Awesome!

MindBomber...ya cut me deep just there....ya cut me real deep lol!!
Old 01-04-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Dave - my car is my baby I love her lol. And I guess the one thing we have in common is that we like drag racing :P
Old 01-04-2012
Registered!!

Yeah....I like to drag...but honestly I love Road Course racing...lots more than just power involved. Its all good though!
Old 01-09-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Name:  8bc91b7b.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  146.3 KB

This is from import tuner. I believe these are resuus of a hondata system on a 07 civic si I think.
Old 01-09-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

k20z3 then..

Incentive to swap?
Old 01-09-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Originally Posted by MindBomber
k20z3 then..

Incentive to swap?
Iwas just showing the differences before and after hondata
Old 01-09-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Oh, well, that's not a good example at all, sorry man.

That's a DOHC engine, the adjustments you can make to unlock power are different and much more effective than on an SOHC, because you have two cams to work with. Not to mention the higher displacement. K-pro is worthwhile, but you don't expect massive gains using it with a d17 that only has i/h/e. A d17 with a stage 1 cam I/H/E and D16y8 made 135whp with a good tune. Once you're boosted you'll be hitting 250whp with those supporting mods.

I don't give a **** what Andy says is possible, those numbers wouldn't even be possible on a high reading dyno jet. Playing devils advocate, lets say Hondata did make 25-30hp on an otherwise stock d17 with k-pro, they tune there cars at Churches which has a dyno that reads 30% higher than even other high reading dynos and the tunes run $650 an hour.
Old 01-09-2012
Busy Speeding!!

I know that d17 gains would be a fraction of the gains saw on that si, but if you only gain single digits on a k, then you would gain barely anything on our d. Oh well
Old 01-10-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SlimRisk
I know that d17 gains would be a fraction of the gains saw on that si, but if you only gain single digits on a k, then you would gain barely anything on our d. Oh well
That's why you need BOOST POWERRRR lol...and also why I'm going to be very, very broke next year; I'm one of the silly people who'd rather sink 10 grand into a d17 turbo build, than to swap
Old 01-10-2012
Busy Speeding!!

I like your thinking ahaha. But after my swap then I'm gonna plan for a turbo

Quick Reply: How Much Horsepower?