7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2005 Sport Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emereld is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy 2005 Sport Keyless Entry

Hi all
I have my Sport from new and have had no issues.

Last year I was away from home with work . On my return I decided to get the Sport back on the road, the battery was dead and since it was the original from manufacture I fitted a new replacement, done a simple oil and filter change and inspection, turned over and running with no issues . Did a long drive with no problems.
Returned home and went to lock it but the fob did not respond so I locked it with the key for the night .
Next day opened the door, Alarm started and obviously the fob was not working, so sat into the car closed the doors/bonnet and went to reprogramme the fob (while alarm still active) using the usual method got to the point of the locks cycling/synchronization and alarm disarmed, then pressed lock on the fob and removed key from ignition to finish fob reprogramming .

Tried the fob but was unsuccessful . I completed the procedure several times to no avail . Also disconnected the battery for 20 mins to try reset memory and this failed to fix the issue.

I would really appreciate any light you, good people, could shine on this problem .

Thanks guys + girls
Old 12-19-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2005 Sport Keyless Entry

Did you check to see if the battery in the fob was dead or not?
Old 12-19-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Shift-E
Did you check to see if the battery in the fob was dead or not?
Both fob battery's are good replaced one with new fob battery just to be sure but no change, should have mentioned this in op sorry .
Old 12-19-2011
Registered!!

2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about2002ExCivic has a spectacular aura about

For myself and a lot of people on the forums here its the door lock actuator. But it might also be ur fob battery. Check to see if your door locks automatically from the lock/unlock switch on the drivers door. If all is fine there there's nothing wrong with your door insides.
Old 12-19-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 2002ExCivic
For myself and a lot of people on the forums here its the door lock actuator. But it might also be ur fob battery. Check to see if your door locks automatically from the lock/unlock switch on the drivers door. If all is fine there there's nothing wrong with your door insides.
Thanks for your response, the door actuators lock as they should with the key and from the lock function internally .
Old 12-28-2011
Registered!!

mowfaces87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im having a similar problem with my 02 EM2,

I got a new keyless entry fob (finally) and I've looked over several programing instructions and I can get the new fob programmed however, the horn doesn't sound like it used to and it will only lock the passenger side door.

I can lock the doors from inside but its always only locked the passenger door, i thought this was always an idiot proof, don't lock your keys in the car, thing that Honda made but now I'm wondering if something needs replacing.

also I have seen in the 98-00 ish civics that there is an important part of leaving the factory radio installed for the alarm, i have replaced mine with an aftermarket unit. I don't know if this actually has anything to do with the door locks.

all in all im tired of searching the endless pages of google for answers, can anyone help?
Old 12-28-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mowfaces87

I got a new keyless entry fob (finally) and I've looked over several programing instructions and I can get the new fob programmed however, the horn doesn't sound like it used to and it will only lock the passenger side door.

I can lock the doors from inside but its always only locked the passenger door, i thought this was always an idiot proof, don't lock your keys in the car, thing that Honda made but now I'm wondering if something needs replacing.

also I have seen in the 98-00 ish civics that there is an important part of leaving the factory radio installed for the alarm, i have replaced mine with an aftermarket unit. I don't know if this actually has anything to do with the door locks.

all in all im tired of searching the endless pages of google for answers, can anyone help?
I have not yet remedied my problem and just like you got fed up with reading instructions from threads/posts/google etc that just have no answers .
Finally gave in and will be off to the Honda dealers in the new year from what I'm told the ecu requires full diagnosis and in order to pair my fobs this is the only way .

Good luck with your issue mowfaces87 sounds like from what I have read it may be number of issues but not going to pluck an answer from thin air, I also read the problems that fitting an after market radio causes with the security system .
I will post my results from the dealership fingers crossed I don't get shafted to much.
Old 12-28-2011
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mowfaces87

the horn doesn't sound like it used to and it will only lock the passenger side door.

I can lock the doors from inside but its always only locked the passenger door,
It sounds as if your drivers side actuator is not working, the no horn during double lock may be related to it not working as it should (has a status switch)

Audio units and locks not linked in 7th gen.

Try a double lock with the drivers door already locked (and closed) and see if you get a beep
Old 12-28-2011
Registered!!

mowfaces87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks CraigW, I'll go check out the actuator to see if that's the problem as far as the doors locking properly... and i think ill just live with out the horn beep if i can get the stupid thing to lock!

thanks again!
Old 12-28-2011
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Listen at the drivers door at the 1st unlock press for buzzing noise and watch the lock **** button and look for any slight movement when locking/unlocking is taking place (would indicate the actuator is getting voltage)