7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

rear ended someone...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough
rear ended someone...

so i got in my first accident today. rear ended a lexus es 300, and somehow he ended up with a tiny little scratch...i however will be buying my FOURTH bumper for the vic.

bumper number 1 was cracked when i bought the car
bumper #2 was accidentally lit on fire by my foglight
bumper number 3 cracked by this accident
now i wonder whats gonna happen to bumper number 4 lol. its chances of surviving more than 3 months are looking pretty slim.

anyways i just thought id post since i JUST said about a week ago how ive never been in an accident on here lol

anyways heres the damage

Name:  rFjlS.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  620.6 KB

Name:  LRQC4.jpg
Size:  676.9 KB

Name:  kZjBA.jpg
Size:  513.7 KB
Old 12-18-2011
=)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough
Re: rear ended someone...

Damn. Sorry to hear that.
The damage on the bumper isn't too bad, why not just leave it? :P
Old 12-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

dam a lexus i hope your insurance doesn't sky rocket.
Old 12-19-2011
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

At least you didnt get hurt! Sorry to hear you have a hard time keeping a bumper.
Old 12-19-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

try to glue it together? wait until the next accident before replacing it
Old 12-19-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

be glad bumpers are cheap and easy to replace, and it wasnt a headlight or hood!

These new cars have a lot tougher bodies now, one of my mechs rear ended a mits lancer a couple months ago, doing about 60km and his front bumper was dented in but the girls lancer just had a tiny scratch on the back bumper haha.
Old 12-19-2011
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

yeah ive decided to wait untill i get my coilovers for the new bumper. i get enough curb action now at stock height and i know once i lower it ill smash it all over the place lol. hopefully i can find another one as cheap as this one was though. i think i paid right at 200 for it including shipping and it was already painted. i just know its gonna bug me to see that huge crack everyday lol

as far as insurance goes ill be suprised if it goes up $10. most people i know whove been in fender benders were only charged like $5 more afterwards. and thats IF he even claims it on insurance. its literally a tiny scratch so im not sure if he will or not.
Old 12-19-2011
Registered!!

HateOnEveryone is an unknown quantity at this point

I once rear ended a n undercover cop while inline at a dunkin doughnuts drive three on the way to work..not much help but i the the irony mite cheer u up
Old 12-19-2011
Registered!!

lol nice. one of my friends was rear ended by a cop a couple weeks ago lmao. he was running his plates and about to pull him over cuz his exhaust is LOUD and he was smashin the gas all over the place but the cop felt bad after rear ending him lol
Old 12-22-2011
Registered!!

yamahamaxim700 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dude... i'd leave it be, especially if you're gonna lower it. When I got this civic, it was lowered... took me about 6 months and a couple of good scrapes to get used to it....
Old 12-22-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

are u buying oem bumpers or aftermarket bumers?

the oem ones are made out of polyurathane (they are flexable, and highly resistant to cracking)

the aftermarket ones are made of abs plastic...and that ish cracks like mindbomber on drugs
Old 12-23-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

my rear aftermarket bumper is going on 5 yrs and still looks fine. but ive never backed into anything yet (with this bumper) lol.
Old 12-24-2011
Registered!!

Aftermarket lol. Id rather pay 200 for one already painted and try not to hit anything than what 500? for one unpainted lol