7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Halo headlight :) got em

Old 12-05-2011
:3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crescent is on a distinguished road
Halo headlight :) got em

Kk so i just got my halo projector headlights (these VV):

Name:  379917_2722298746952_1541592895_2848424_1833468912_n.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  93.5 KB
Name:  375537_2722299346967_1541592895_2848425_867364190_n.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  83.3 KB

so everyone was telling me the projectors in them are crappy... but i just tried them(didn't put em on the car yet, just plugged them in and aimed) and the cut-off is perfect... and the light output is either better or greater then my stock bulbs :O im kinda amazed cause i was expecting total crap.. only thing is, they are badly sealed so ill drop by NAPA and get some headlamp sealant there

Ill post pics when they are on the car, that'll probly be sometime during this weekend
Old 12-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough
Re: Halo headlight :) got em

yeah thats what everyone said about mine too. i like em. BUT their not as good as misimoto minis or something retofitted in. but they do the job.

you order hids for them too? there like 10 times better after u put in hids. dont buy those crappy hids for 100 on ebay tho. DDM tuning has good quality balasts that come with whatever temp bulb u want for $30. ive been usin them on my headlights for a while now and am waiting on my other set for the fog lights.
Old 12-05-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

ya need to read the DDM thread...
personally, mine amzo's (which seems to be yours) were better than the beaten-up stockies, but compared to the OE miata projectors, they are just... weak.
anyways, good luck with yours. I was good for 2 years until mine started to fog-up. Removed the seal and now they don't fog anymore :P
Old 12-05-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well so long as you like em. they dont look terrible in the pics, kinda like stock lights but with projectors. i guess if you dont know how better projectors look, its hard to judge. but if they are good enough to see with, thats all that matters in the end. just dont expect it to look like sc430 projectors

Name:  fssc4200002.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  16.1 KB

or acura TL projectors

Name:  TLwithreplicaclear.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  14.9 KB
Old 12-05-2011
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

yea ddm is misleading about the bulb temps u really get, suposedly...however they have reliable ballasts which is more than a lot of others can say. especially for the price along with the lifetime warranty. as for the misleading bulb temps i have 8000ks in my low-beams and i ordered 10000ks for the fogs. so i will find out if there really giving 8000ks as 10000ks.

Last edited by pwnsauce; 12-05-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-06-2011

Thanks pwnsauce for that info :O i will definitely get some HID for them

But as for the retrofitting, it obviously is better :O cause those projectors are great quality, but i really expected TOTAL crap for these :P

And being better then my stocks with stock bulbs and everything, ill see when they are on, i might actually get them done later today

EDITifference between 35w and 55w? thanks

Last edited by Crescent; 12-06-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-06-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

55w is brighter, which washes out the colour. They're also a lot hotter and could possibly melt the shrouds or housing of your lights from what I've heard. IMO go for the 35w. They are more then bright enough, and you get more colour which always looks cool.
Even if you just have 6k, which basically is just white with a hint of blue, it'll look good (thats what i've got from DDM in retro fit projectors). The 55W would make the 6k look white, and you wouldn't see the blue in it.

Oh, and make sure you get the slim ballasts. Theyre a lot better.
Old 12-06-2011
Registered!!

agreed. just get 35w. i had 55w in my old fogs and they melted the housings and set my old bumper on fire lol. hence the new fogs

but 35w are bright enough if aimed right

and btw 55w hids require the extra harness and relay. dont try to put 55w in on stock headlight wiring unless you want to completely rewire the car, and keep a fire extinguisher handy lol
Old 12-06-2011
Registered!!

Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about

If one of the bulb types on Here fits those projectors, I'd pick up a kit from there. I've heard nothing but good about the products, and I've heard the customer service is second to none.
Old 12-06-2011
Registered!!

most ebay projectors use H3 lows and H1 highs. i doubt they have H11s for low beams
Old 12-06-2011

Originally Posted by pwnsauce
agreed. just get 35w. i had 55w in my old fogs and they melted the housings and set my old bumper on fire lol. hence the new fogs

but 35w are bright enough if aimed right

and btw 55w hids require the extra harness and relay. dont try to put 55w in on stock headlight wiring unless you want to completely rewire the car, and keep a fire extinguisher handy lol
so if i get the 35watts, i dont need to wire the relay and stuff? o.O''
Old 12-06-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Crescent
so if i get the 35watts, i dont need to wire the relay and stuff? o.O''
no stock wiring should handle 35w. ive been running them on my lowbeams for about 2 months now. unless your using hids on fogs too then i would recomend a harness and relay...and thats if u have stock oem fogs because aftermarket fogs use their own harness which has a relay and runs straight off the battery.
Old 12-06-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

stock wiring cannot handle hids most of the time. its only thin 18 gauge wire that can barely support 5 amps per halogen bulb. one hid ballast can draw as much as 20 amps on startup and gradually drop as they warm up over a minute. they are only 35w after warmup period. too many of these power surge starts and eventually you will burn the wiring to the point where it has to be replaced. and thats no fun at all.
Old 12-07-2011
Registered!!

nevermind...i will be ordering my harness lol
Old 12-07-2011

LOL, nice gearbox XD, yeah ill get the relay and stuff too :P
Old 12-07-2011
Premium Member

its cheap insurance. and the hids will work better with thicker wire. if you get a premade harness, i recommend swapping the chinese relay with a bosch or tyco from partsexpress.com
Old 12-07-2011

you can buy premade harness? O.o sweet where xD
Old 12-07-2011

kk, which connection is best to splice in the halos? cause right now they are on my parking lights... and they are not very bright :\ like really not bright D:!!!
Old 12-07-2011
Registered!!

RamAirDave is an unknown quantity at this point

Harness is not really needed on the Hondas but its cheap insurance against misfires.

Just get the 35w kit. 6k is their most popular kit. The slim ballasts are useless...there is not any need to pay more, plenty of room to hide the other ballasts.
Old 12-07-2011
Premium Member

doesnt matter where you tap the halo leds, they are usually suck unless you replace the leds with brighter and more reliable version. the ones in there prolly wouldnt last more than a few months anyway before burning out.
Old 12-07-2011
Former Sponsor

AUTO Design is an unknown quantity at this point

We do custom headlights from projector retrofit, black housing, LED halo rings to Custom LED strips! We also sell high quality HID kit and exterior interior LEDs
Old 12-08-2011
Registered!!

lol who would replace the leds with leds? if i ever need to itll be ccfls and ill add one to the high beams too. (mine only has leds around the low beams)
Old 12-08-2011
Premium Member

i did lol. the ones it came with were too blue and i wanter whiter and brighter. there is only so much you can do with two 5mm leds tho.

ledhaloor2.jpg?t=1318030524
Old 12-08-2011
Registered!!

huh those are leds? that looks good lol i dont like how the ones on my projectors look. the light isnt spread out like at all. and ive always liked the ccfls over leds

Old 12-08-2011

Originally Posted by Crescent
you can buy premade harness? O.o sweet where xD
no one answered that question and those led's are nice gearbox, but id go CCFL
Old 12-08-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

you can get them off ddm, just add 15 dollars to your order. Theyre kinda **** though.
Old 12-08-2011
Registered!!

yea when u order there is a drop down menu that says hid harness then u click dual in dual out.
Old 12-08-2011

thanks guys, one more thing, if i get a HID kit for my lowbeam on my current setup (h3 and stock projector) would i need another set of HID lights if id decide to retrofit some projectors? Lets say some Valeo ones..?
Old 12-08-2011
Registered!!

not if u get projectors that use H3 bulbs. if u get some other projector that uses a different bulb u just need new HID bulbs not the ballast.
Old 12-08-2011
Premium Member

ballasts can be reused, but you would need different bulbs. for those prolly the only hid projector that would fit is morimoto mini h1.