7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Performance Radiator Choices

Old 11-27-2011
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
Performance Radiator Choices

My radiator is falling apart, the fins move with the slightest touch and sometimes fall out on their own. Majestic wants $200 for a new denso radiator, and I said, yeah no way. So I thought to myself, I could get a performance aluminum radiator and it would work for 100,000 + miles for my car and when I eventually do a K-Swap. Just wondering what kind of performance radiators are out there for me? I havent seen any d17 performance radiators out there.
Old 11-27-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Performance Radiator Choices

I could be totally wrong here, but does it matter what radiator you use as long as it exceeds the requirements of your engine?

Hybrid Racing supplies k-swap rads.
http://www.hybrid-racing.com/products/hr-radiators/
Old 11-27-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

all metal is the way to go. they need to be sized properly to cool the engine depending on your driving conditions and whether you have an a/c condenser in front of it.
Old 11-27-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
j_dock69 will become famous soon enough

$100 from these guys
http://performanceradiator.com/locations.php
I'm picking one up on thursday, just call and ask someone
Old 11-28-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gearbox
all metal is the way to go. they need to be sized properly to cool the engine depending on your driving conditions and whether you have an a/c condenser in front of it.
i believe u meant to say aluminum. they dont make metal alum. it corrodes and doesnt transfer heat as well as aluminum
Old 11-28-2011
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

I was considering going with mishimoto or koyo. I have an 01 lx manual with a/c. It gets pretty cold in the winter, but also hot in the summer. Lots of hard accels and more highway driving than city.

@MindBomber
Hybrid Racing doesnt carry rads for our d17 k swap
http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/i...ling/radiators
But cant I just use a d17 rad in my k swap? possibly with slight mods?
Old 11-28-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering about the same thing with the d17 radiator and a k-swap.. I dropped a koyo radiator in mine after mine leaked (due to finding a knife between the fan and the radiator).

Dezod and thmotorsports carries them.
Old 11-29-2011
Busy Speeding!!

This is what I found on Hybrid Racing about EG K-Swaps:

These radiators simplify the K-series engine swap by eliminating the need for custom mounting brackets and by providing a guaranteed fit for your specific swap. That means no cutting is required whatsoever. This radiator integrates the necessary ports for the Coolant Temperature Sending Unit and the Fan Switch, eliminating the need for a Hybrid Racing Radiator Hose Insert. There is also a grounding bung welded to the lower end tank to guarantee that the sensors mounted to the radiator get a good ground connection.
Old 11-29-2011
A scene before your eyes

Balzdpr is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
i believe u meant to say aluminum. they dont make metal alum. it corrodes and doesnt transfer heat as well as aluminum

Yea, or that titalumanair stuff that Gene Roddenberry discussed in an episode of StarTrek.
Old 11-29-2011
A scene before your eyes

Originally Posted by SlimRisk
I was considering going with mishimoto or koyo. I have an 01 lx manual with a/c. It gets pretty cold in the winter, but also hot in the summer. Lots of hard accels and more highway driving than city.

@MindBomber
Hybrid Racing doesnt carry rads for our d17 k swap
http://www.hybrid-racing.com/store/i...ling/radiators
But cant I just use a d17 rad in my k swap? possibly with slight mods?
Mishimoto carries a good replacement alum rad for all makes if standard Tranny. Otherwise there might be some difficulty finding one there. I have located one there recently for my 05 and have the issue of needing a tranny cooler attachment due to the missing transmission cooling hose on the rad.
Ill just assume you got the standard, cause im the only one here most like rocking the auto.
Old 11-29-2011
Busy Speeding!!

Originally Posted by Balzdpr
Mishimoto carries a good replacement alum rad for all makes if standard Tranny. Otherwise there might be some difficulty finding one there. I have located one there recently for my 05 and have the issue of needing a tranny cooler attachment due to the missing transmission cooling hose on the rad.
Ill just assume you got the standard, cause im the only one here most like rocking the auto.
I thing only the automatics have transmission coolers built into the rad. So ill be good there. I think im gonna go with the mishimoto since its only $200.
Old 11-29-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

lol i didnt think radiators came in anything other than aluminum. copper maybe? but $$$
Old 12-01-2011
Busy Speeding!!

lol i didnt think radiators came in anything other than aluminum. copper maybe? but $$$
Ill post a pic of the piece that fell out. its for sure copper. most of it has corroded but wipe it away and its copper. But copper is such a soft metal, heck water corrodes it, coolant will beat the **** out of copper. Choice for radiator? copper < aluminum
Old 12-01-2011
A scene before your eyes

You need aluminum. its strong,light, and can be bought easily.
Old 12-01-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

dezod had the koyo 10% off until 12/2?
Old 12-01-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Yea, or that titalumanair stuff that Gene Roddenberry discussed in an episode of StarTrek.
haha you're referring to diridium I think, it's mentioned in a few of the series passively, generally after scans of star ships when assessing threat levels and once in DS9 when a shipment of it is stolen.

It's mined from the cores of asteroids, the density would make it a very heavy radiator haha
Old 12-01-2011
A scene before your eyes

Oh yea, that's the stuff.
Old 12-01-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

<= Nerd lol
Old 12-03-2011
Busy Speeding!!

Name:  b1940ab4.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  133.3 KB
Old 12-04-2011
A scene before your eyes

That's some Walmart branded garbage, looking shot.
Old 12-04-2011
Busy Speeding!!

That's some Walmart branded garbage, looking shot.
Thats the standard denso radiator on all civics...sad story
Old 12-06-2011
A scene before your eyes

Thats insane man. Why would they make the standard out of a material that is so corrosive, when the potential for water to be in there is so high?
Old 12-06-2011
Premium Member

cause in the end, its a cheap econobox lol. i asked myself that question the first time i opened the hood. why does the radiator have plastic on it?
Old 12-06-2011
Busy Speeding!!

cause in the end, its a cheap econobox lol. i asked myself that question the first time i opened the hood. why does the radiator have plastic on it?
The radiator has plastic on it? lol
Old 12-09-2011
A scene before your eyes

trying to keep weight down one doesnt want to add any additional componants or hardware to his or her car. If I buy a aluminum RAD from Mishimoto I have to also buy a trans cooler to make up for the lacking coolant hoses for the tranny. What other reliable options are there? Or should I just suck it up and ad the cooler.