7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

I need serious advice on what to do with my 01 Civic, I really need to move on

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Re: I need serious advice on what to do with my 01 Civic, I really need to move on

rjones, mach33ty, sorry, I know i cant afford a new car but I cant take this anymore. Ive been shopping for a new car and browsing dealer sites, sorry I just take take this transmission anymore. Ive never been so stressed out in my life. Its such a huge emotional burden on me. Im sitting here and about to cry its affected me so much.

I need to get a new car and be done with this transmission for good.

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 08-21-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-21-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I need serious advice on what to do with my 01 Civic, I really need to move on

you do realize the new car you get will have its own set of new problems right?
Old 08-21-2012
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well all I can say is good luck. I expect you'll spend more money in the long run when you buy that new car.
Old 08-21-2012
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Originally Posted by gearbox
you do realize the new car you get will have its own set of new problems right?
Ya but just this trans is really stressing me out and has taken a toll on me. After yesterday ive made more adjustments to my driving even though its annoying and more work than what it should be and im used to it but it would be nice if i could just drive a car normally. I stare more at my tach when i shift than on the road

I know i cant afford a new car, and 84 months of car payments would really set me back financially. I dont even know if i would be able to make all them.

Originally Posted by m3gach33zy
Well all I can say is good luck. I expect you'll spend more money in the long run when you buy that new car.
FOr the car ya repairs probably not.

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 08-21-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-21-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

nuff said in the end at all...

just leave us in peace and don't come posting other car makers' stuff in here again....
we interested in honda.
you hate yours.
I don't like the new ones.
you hate our cars. what you doing bothering us then?!?!?
there's always a dividing point...
bye

your bad rep went up yet again.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 08-21-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-21-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

why not just buy a used trans then when it finally goes throw in the new one i believe that would be alot cheaper then a new car.
Old 08-21-2012
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

^ NO! that way he will wonder if the new one is faulty. again. he already have swapped another lower mileage. he have the older one in his closet looking at him and saying - "i was still sooooo young... i wanna be out. i wanna see the world.... why did you put me in this closet? why don't you let me out?!?!?!?!?! I could still run for 1000,000 more miles but he does not believe meeeee!!!!"
that's the sad end of the most reliable auto trans in a 2001 civic, sadly. the owner did not believe in him.

I was keeping quiet this time, but yet again it comes to this...

and if he buys a new trans with his parent's retirement money, he will hang around here again, even if he hates the cars we do love.
So should we all Honda 7th gen civic lovers leave here so he can hate our cars in a honda civic 7th gen forums?!?!?
No matter whatever problems someone have, public statements (even electronic ones) holds responsibilities. everyone claims rights, no one wants responsibilities. but they will come together with rights anyways. (quoted Peter Parker :P)

you know what?

I will make a 2 week strike for that.

see you all in 2 weeks. Most might not miss me, i guess. I am just a honda lover

Last edited by sdaidoji; 08-22-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-21-2012
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie

I know i cant afford a new car, and 84 months of car payments would really set me back financially. I dont even know if i would be able to make all them.
And you have bad credit and don't know if you can make payments?

Sorry can't say anymore than that. Good luck
Old 08-22-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

buy a moped.
Old 08-22-2012
I am Epic

Just had my fogs installed tonight and wow do they look good! They sure make the car look that much better at night. The fogs are a lot bigger than i thought. They take up each side of the bumper.

And also put LED for my plate lights, looks so much better!

This was the first time in like 1.5 years that my car made me smile!

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 08-23-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Old 08-23-2012
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

WHY ARE YOU MODDING IT IF YOU WANT TO GET RID OF IT? I see where sdaidoji
gets his frustration from...No one is going to buy it if you keep modding it. You'll have to sell it to scrap for $500 and get used to the idea of not being able to drive. Just swap the tranny to manual cause its gonna cost less than a new car, and have fun with your new 5spd.
Old 08-23-2012
I am Epic

I was suggested that i do some cheap mods to take my mind off the car and start to like the car again.

Fogs and the LEDs were cheap Geez man

Originally Posted by Aetoc
WHY ARE YOU MODDING IT IF YOU WANT TO GET RID OF IT? I see where sdaidoji
gets his frustration from...No one is going to buy it if you keep modding it. You'll have to sell it to scrap for $500 and get used to the idea of not being able to drive. Just swap the tranny to manual cause its gonna cost less than a new car, and have fun with your new 5spd.
Old 08-23-2012
Registered!!

But you could instead be spending that money on repairing the car :/
Old 08-23-2012
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

cool stories
Old 08-23-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

Lol I swear this thread is like an episode of Maury
Old 08-23-2012
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Old 08-23-2012
I am Epic

Originally Posted by Aetoc
But you could instead be spending that money on repairing the car :/
And do what dude? Ive talked to pretty much every expert on here extensively and they all say just leave it as is. Lowlife9 has the exact same issue as me, i mean exact and hes had his from day one and hes drive his car for like 100k miles now and the flare hasnt gotten worse at all.

Originally Posted by rjones7755
Lol I swear this thread is like an episode of Maury
The yellow fogs and black grill really enhanced the fronts looks, it adds some nice colour. thx

If anything im shocked i waited this long to get fogs put in. Should have done them same time as HIDs.

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 08-23-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 08-23-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

....So you're keeping the car now?
Old 08-23-2012
Premium Member

just an fyi, there is not a single car on the road that is completely problem free. you might think there is, but no. all you can do is drive it til something breaks, then fix it. there are thousands of parts to go around randomly fixing old parts that are still working but could be changed with new (exception being if you have some messed up plastic pieces and want new ones for looks).
Old 08-24-2012
I am Epic

just an fyi, there is not a single car on the road that is completely problem free. you might think there is, but no. all you can do is drive it til something breaks, then fix it. there are thousands of parts to go around randomly fixing old parts that are still working but could be changed with new (exception being if you have some messed up plastic pieces and want new ones for looks).
I just need to be happy with my car and just enjoy it for what it is and look past how it looks or the fact its outdated or knowing im driving a car with a defective trans. I know it could be worse, and even though i see a ton of new nice cars with perfect paint jobs and 4 wheel disc brakes, theres also cars on the road with much more serious problems than mine now.

Adding the fogs and black grill and plate LEDs did help, it made me learn to like my car again. Havent had that feeling in over a year so it was nice for a change.

Originally Posted by rjones7755
....So you're keeping the car now?
Not that i want to but i have to for the better of my financial well being.

My first step is to stop browsing online and dealer sites at used cars. ive been doing this everyday for the past 6 months and the more im looking at pics of nice new cars, the more it feeds to my problem of obsessing about having to get a new car. I really need to stop this now.
Old 08-24-2012
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

I'm post 200!!
Old 08-24-2012
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SlimRisk
I'm post 200!!

You're actually post 201 in this thread.. Sorry.. lol
Old 08-24-2012
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

Mine says you have post 201... Are you sure? I'm bored I might count them
Old 08-24-2012
Busy Speeding!!

Damn, I counted and I am off by one!
Old 08-25-2012
Premium Member

every car on the road today is outdated, they all use 100 yr old technology.
Old 08-25-2012
I am Epic

every car on the road today is outdated, they all use 100 yr old technology.
Guess it depends how you look at it
Old 08-26-2012
Premium Member

how else would you look? different shapes and sizes of sheet metal?
Old 08-27-2012
Registered!!

This is why we need to venture more into square wheels...change things up a bit.
Old 08-27-2012
I am Epic

how else would you look? different shapes and sizes of sheet metal?
I dont like to admit it but i wish i was in the FRS. When im driving i keep thinking, "i wish i was in a FRs". I get jealous when i see 8th and 9th gen civics on the road.
Old 09-03-2012
Registered!!

dookietwo is an unknown quantity at this point

Civicnoobie,

It seems like you need to get a break from civilization. Why don't you go on a nice camping trip or a nice hike? Enjoy nature and just get away from it all for a bit. Maybe buy a road bicycle and go for a ride? Or learn a martial art, boxing? Ju jitsu?

There has been research that suggests that married couples, friends, and people in general appreciate, enjoy, and remember experiences over material things/gifts.

For instance, a family goes to Disneyland instead of buying a television. The children get to see Mickey and Harry Potter or whatever the hell there is at Disneyland; I've never been there . The parents are happy to reward or spoil their kids and spend quality family time.

Next, let us say there is GUY A and GUY B. And let us say we give GUY A a bottle of the best wine in the entire world and give GUY B a lifetime supply of the best wine in the entire world. GUY A, has a glass of this wine once in a blue moon (hehe). GUY A, loves this wine and when he has a glass he absolutely loves it, cherishes it, and it is special to him. Now lets talk about GUY B, who has a lifetime supply of the same wine. He drinks a glass a day for a week. Soon he grows tired of it and it has lost its "specialness."

Now, I know not everyone can own 100 different cars but my point here is that you should take some time away from the car and find a new wine... I had a really good idea of what to say and now I am kinda lost (lol). There is a saying "Touching leads to kissing and kissing leads to sex. What fun is there if there's no mystery left?" Kinda corny but I hope this can change your perspective.

There's this thing that I'd like to call "new-model-syndrome." It's when you buy the latest model and a few years down the road the car manufacturer releases the updated model. In all honesty and I'm sure many will tell you...its really just the same **** with a higher price. Sure, maybe there's a slight difference and sometimes there will be a completely new model with a different chassis and engine. Like 7th generation civics --> 8th generation.

I guess what I'm just trying to say is... Cars are nice but its the drive that makes the car the most fun, imo. I hope this has helped some. I used to be nit-picky about the way my car was/is but for the most part it has lived up to my expectations of a low tier economic commuter but I do wish the seats were more ergonomic...

P.S. If you really wanna look cool get a sport bike. Bitches love sport bikes. Oh, and those 8th & 9th generation civics they are jealous of the 10th & 11th and so on...

Last edited by dookietwo; 09-03-2012 at 12:10 AM. Reason: small corrections and wanted to add something to P.S.

Quick Reply: I need serious advice on what to do with my 01 Civic, I really need to move on