7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Rolled it

Old 10-19-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ricanswt is on a distinguished road
Rolled it

So my civic finally bites the dust.

Lost control of it suddenly and rolled into a ditch on the side of the road. Speed was approx. 50-55 according to the officer.

I can only guess that a bottom out that I had a few hours earlier (which sounded like a car accident already) might have compromised my suspension in some way.

Practically walked away from it if it wasn't for people telling me to stay seated heh.

Got a few bumps and bruises, nothing major. Really wish i had side impact airbags though.

No one else, and no other cars were involved.

Will post pics as soon as i can arrange to get to the lot its stored at.

Might pick up a Subaru next.

7thgen was fun while it lasted
Old 10-19-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Rolled it

Oh dam.That sucks.Atleast you're okay.It's always sad to see members wreck.
Old 10-19-2011
Registered!!

random will become famous soon enoughrandom will become famous soon enough

Sorry about your accident. Glad you're okay. Waiting for the pics.

Curious: why a Subaru? And what kind of Subaru?
Old 10-20-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i rolled my 1988 olds cutlass doing 80 my tie rod snaped and threw me so hard into a jersey barrier that i caught air and landed directly on my roof and skidded for awhile i remember the windshield was rite in my face from the roof collapsing and i could see the lane dividers wizzing by one by one along with sparks and smoke. they had to take me out the back window because the roof was basically flat. i walked away without one scratch.

Last edited by lowlife9; 10-20-2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-20-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by random
Curious: why a Subaru? And what kind of Subaru?
Just a thought so far. Looking for all wheel drive and traction control for the coming winter. Yet I still want something that can be easily modified should I go down that road again
Old 10-20-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear it man, glad your okay though.
Old 10-20-2011
Registered!!

If the car is indeed a total loss, I will most likely part out the car.

The engine was still running when I came to a stop, so I assume it is still doing well. If not, I could always sell the internals including the stage 1 cam.

Will update when I hear from the adjuster.
Old 10-20-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

turn it into a convertible.
Old 10-20-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

pixs?!
Old 10-20-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

glad you ok.
My roll experience was in a 1971 VW bus...
an A$$ came sudddenly from a side road and i had to turn in the road he came from, ended in the driver's side.
10 guys helped me roll it back in its feet and i drove home 5 miles... (thick sheet metal in older cars :P)
Old 10-20-2011
Registered!!

johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough

Glad you're ok man. As bad as it sucks a car is just a car... They are disposable, you aren't. Water under the bridge. Aside from that if you do part it out what color is your interior?
Old 10-21-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
pixs?!
For some reason they are not telling me where my car is. And the adjuster is just assuming a total loss so he is not going to take pics of my car. It seems to me that they are gonna write me a check, fix my car and then sell it.

I did mention that I have an extra set of wheels to swap out, so I might get a chance at that point hoping that my rims didn't get hurt in the crash. It would also be nice to take out my crower cam and put stock back in heh, but I don't think I'm skilled enough to do that.

Originally Posted by johndeerebones
If you do part it out what color is your interior?
I had the grey interior.

Last edited by ricanswt; 10-21-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-21-2011
Registered!!

ac_2007 will become famous soon enough

Wow, glad you're alright. Would be interested to see pics though.

Im glad my Acura 1.7EL (Canadian dressed up Civic) has side airbags!
Old 10-21-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

oh, yeh, be aware that modding the subies is much, much more expensive than vics...
Old 10-22-2011
Registered!!

I will post pics on the board later after dinner. Till then you can see my public Facebook album here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I could not access my engine compartment (lever was broken off), so I think they either did not want me to touch my engine, or they removed my engine entirely.

All I was able to salvage was:

Blue Greddy E-manage
0.5 Farad Monster Capacitor

I also have:

4 x Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires mounted on 14 inch steelies. They saw only 2 winters.
1 x OEM Camshaft

If anyone is interested in taking these items off my hands, please send me a PM.
Old 10-22-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Dibs on the headlights- as long as the black paint isn't bubbling yet.

Glad your ok. All the crazy sh*t I've done I never flipped one (came close a couple of times). Now, my friend flipped his Ranger when I was with him. He decided to make a right turn from the left lane. As I'm yelling NOOOO (slow-mo sound effect. lol) I look over and all I see is this little old man behind the wheel of this Town Car. Next thing I know I'm sitting in the bushes with a broken arm, dislocated shoulder, and a couple of cracked ribs. That was the only time I wasn't wearing my seatbelt and it was the only time I sustained major injuries (besides some deep seatbelt bruises). And I've been in more than a couple of totaled cars. Airbags? Now that's a different story...
Old 10-22-2011
Registered!!

Sadly, removing the headlights will de-value the car. They already gave me a quote on how much I'm getting for it, so I can't really take anything unless i replace it with the stock item.

I'd love to take the radio, but my factory head unit is back in Miami.
I'd love to take the crower stage 1 cam out, but i can't access the engine bay.
etc... etc...
Old 10-22-2011
Registered!!

anibis will become famous soon enoughanibis will become famous soon enough

Did you ever figure out what broke that caused you to lose control?
Old 10-22-2011
Registered!!

Nope, and with the car on the ground in the yard, I couldn't exactly look under the car.

Frankly, I will probably never know.
Old 10-22-2011
Registered!!

anibis will become famous soon enoughanibis will become famous soon enough

It's usually pretty obvious when something in the suspension fails, from what I can see everything looks as it should.

I see you have Bridgestone Pole Position tires? I've read about people having catastrophic sidewall failure. I have the same tire and love it, that's the only reason im curious.

The cabin is in good shape for being rolled, shows how safe these cars are.
Old 10-22-2011
Registered!!

random will become famous soon enoughrandom will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by lazlong
Now, my friend flipped his Ranger when I was with him. He decided to make a right turn from the left lane.
Making a right turn from the left lane was pretty daft.
Old 10-22-2011
Registered!!

johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by ricanswt
For some reason they are not telling me where my car is. And the adjuster is just assuming a total loss so he is not going to take pics of my car. It seems to me that they are gonna write me a check, fix my car and then sell it.

I did mention that I have an extra set of wheels to swap out, so I might get a chance at that point hoping that my rims didn't get hurt in the crash. It would also be nice to take out my crower cam and put stock back in heh, but I don't think I'm skilled enough to do that.

I had the grey interior.
I have brown. On the flip side though, looking at you pictures there is more than cosmetics, like the roof ling is buckled etc. If they are fixing it it is only because someone has a donor car sitting around to cut the quarter off of and replace the doors, fenders, it also needs some glass etc. And that is only what I see, that isn't see in the uni body and the subframe, in short there isn't a whole lot of money to be made on a salvage rebuild that is that extensive....

No only that if they total it and buy it from you it will have a salvage title. That stigma keeps a vehicle from being worth top value anyway...