7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

What are the best replacement wiper blades?

Old 10-19-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jeff618 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question What are the best replacement wiper blades?

What are other people using? I've been using trico neoform beam blades for years and they're awesome. Anyway, before I go out and buy more neoforms, was wondering if there was anything brand new out there that are notable? I gotta buy new wipers for all 4 vehicles before winter!!
Old 10-19-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough
Re: What are the best replacement wiper blades?

Lots of people seem to hate on Rain-X ones but I've been using them for about a year now and there's no problems. Always a smooth, clean wipe, even during winter.
Old 10-19-2011
Registered!!

MatthaiN is an unknown quantity at this point

The Frame-less Rain X wiper blades are the best in my opinion. They are top of the line and during the winter they don't freeze and stay conformed to the window. Which is a very nice thing in snowy conditions.
Old 10-19-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

I've always been a fan of the PIAA blades. Pricey, but great performance, especially at high speeds with the airfoil. Bumped down a notch to Bosch Icons for a while. Solid performer. Tried the Rain X , as my current blade. Meh, streaking after a few months. Going back to Bosch, next time.
Old 10-19-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

bosch micro edge hands down. you will not find anything better.
Old 10-19-2011
Registered!!

raigen18 is on a distinguished road

+1 for bosch wiper blades i have a pair of bosch evolution blades and they're really good even during the -20C to -40C winter season we get here. I noticed that wiper blades with many joints tend to freeze up very easily in the winter. It's best to get one that is a flexible one piece design like the bosch evolution as well as the trico neoforms that you've already used.
Old 10-19-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I removed my wiper blades and motors to save weight, just use lots of Rain X and the water will bead right off if you stay above 100-120km/h.

Jk I'm using Bosch blades and they perform very well.
Old 10-19-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i use to get the expensive one but eventually there going to wear down and have to be replaced now i just get the cheapest ones i can find they do there job yes they don't last as long but not by much but you can get three sets for the price of one expensive set so technically its a better option.
Old 10-19-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
johndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the roughjohndeerebones is a jewel in the rough

Personally I think the single beam ones are junk for replacements. If the vehicles wiper arms are made for them they do work excellent. However if there aren't, the springs in the arms are entirely to strong and put way to much down pressure on the middle of the blade. I am with the poster above me though. Cheapest blades I can find. If I get two or three months out of them I chalk it up as good life. On the flip side if I pay three times as much and get the same time or only marginally more I am super pissed about that waste of money...
Old 10-19-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

yeah the only downside is most cheap blades get pretty squeaky which becomes an annoyance but im sure if i search around i could find a cheap set that addresses this problem. i always wanted to try out those heated blades for the winter anybody have experience with heated wiper blades ???

Last edited by lowlife9; 10-19-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-20-2011
Registered!!

anibis will become famous soon enoughanibis will become famous soon enough

Put rain-x on your windshield and wipers don't matter as much. I buy the cheap-o's they last a year, when they start making noise I replace them. I hate car noises.
Old 10-20-2011
Registered!!

raigen18 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by johndeerebones
Personally I think the single beam ones are junk for replacements. If the vehicles wiper arms are made for them they do work excellent. However if there aren't, the springs in the arms are entirely to strong and put way to much down pressure on the middle of the blade. I am with the poster above me though. Cheapest blades I can find. If I get two or three months out of them I chalk it up as good life. On the flip side if I pay three times as much and get the same time or only marginally more I am super pissed about that waste of money...

hmm my experience has been the direct opposite. I use to go through wiper blades every 3-5 months. Right now I am still using the bosch evolution blades that I purchased last fall with no streaking or noises. They were like $20 a pair.
Old 10-22-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Originally Posted by anibis
Put rain-x on your windshield and wipers don't matter as much. I buy the cheap-o's they last a year, when they start making noise I replace them. I hate car noises.
Ivve tried this in the past and the rain-x leaves a nasty film that clouds it up and i spent an hour removing it with soap, water and vinegar.
Old 10-22-2011
Registered!!

its suppose to haze up then you wipe it away with a damp rag and some elbow grease.
Old 10-22-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Originally Posted by lowlife9
its suppose to haze up then you wipe it away with a damp rag and some elbow grease.
I know, but too much work when i did it. I literally spent hours removing the haze from all my windows last summer. Was so pissed off. Never again. Now i got 2 bottles of rain x in my closet untouched.
Old 10-22-2011
Registered!!

took me about 15 minutes to do all my windows ???
Old 10-23-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

rain-x is okay if you dont have wipers, otherwise it will mess them up. and you need a microfiber cloth to buff off the rain-x properly. you can also spray some water to make it easier to wipe clean.
Old 10-23-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gearbox
bosch micro edge hands down. you will not find anything better.
i agree with gearbox. the bosch micro blades work amazing and last much longer than the others ive tried....and they're not even beam.

ive had:

bosch ICON- 2nd best to the bosch microblade. but expensive as hell. no streaks for a good 4 months.

bosch evolution - they are alright. they streak after 3ish months of useage.

rainx (the single beam one, simular to the bosh icon/evo)- not too bad... gave me a good clean wipe for a 3-4 months....

side note: you guys realize that wiperblades are only really good for about 6months.... the rubber on them gets damaged by the sun (uv rays).
Old 10-23-2011

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

ive always wanted to try silicon blades....they are supposes to last much longer than regular rubber blades (silicon isnt as prone to UV damage as rubber). but they are a bit on the expensive side.

what i usually do is i buy a pair of wiper blades, and ONLY put them on when it actually rains (thats like 2 days out of the year in california)...other wise, i keep my crappy ones on.
Old 10-23-2011

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie
I know, but too much work when i did it. I literally spent hours removing the haze from all my windows last summer. Was so pissed off. Never again. Now i got 2 bottles of rain x in my closet untouched.
im not supprised.

but it should only take u no more than 15min to do all windows.

1. clean ALL windows first with something. like a glass cleaner or rubbing alcohol or simplegreen (im a sucker for simplegreen)

2. spray rainx on and rub it untill it hazes.

3. do it for all before u clean the haze off.

4. clean the haze off with a clean towel or a microfiber cloth.

(its pretty much like waxing.... wax on. wax off)
Old 10-23-2011
Registered!!

im about to give these a try they claim they will last the lifetime of your car and there considerably cheap $28.34 shipped.
http://www.thewiperstore.com/tripled...er-blades.html

Last edited by lowlife9; 10-23-2011 at 04:17 AM.
Old 10-23-2011
Registered!!

MatthaiN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
ive always wanted to try silicon blades....they are supposes to last much longer than regular rubber blades (silicon isnt as prone to UV damage as rubber). but they are a bit on the expensive side.

what i usually do is i buy a pair of wiper blades, and ONLY put them on when it actually rains (thats like 2 days out of the year in california)...other wise, i keep my crappy ones on.
Good now I know the reason it rains 363 days out of the year in Seattle, because California has the other two. So glad that got balanced out...
Old 10-23-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Old 10-23-2011
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

...i live in the rain capital of the world. i just us the cheapest set and replace in the winter each year. they work fine. there is no point in using some super 5 blade mega wipers when cheap single blade stock wipers get rid of all the water.
Old 10-24-2011
Registered!!

jeff618 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow...I should have done daily subscribe rather than weekly!! So much...so much... LOL

I actually went through a progression... rainx latitudes first...poor contact. Then bosch icons...good but expensive. Then the trico neoforms mentioned previously whcih I like better than the icons. I replace annually and that's why I originally asked if anything new has come out this year but it sounds like the same options are out there.

Cheapies? My time is way to valuable to be going to stores, spending money on gas and monkey-screwing around swapping out wiper blades. In wisconsin the ice and snow just eats up those cheapies so its just not worth it.

For the rainx haters (I agree it hazes and also has to be re-applied too often), check out aquapel - works awesome and lasts 6 months a crack. No haze.

I'll wait another week or so but looks like I'll probably stick with the neoform/aquapel combination. We'll see...