7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

help with door that wont lock?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eltatertoto is an unknown quantity at this point
help with door that wont lock?

hey all. first time post. the gf has an issue with her civic. im begining to call it the black plague. first it was the stereo, then the window cable broke then her taillight got cracked (fixed that with some film tint like my car) starter gave out, a/c compressor gave out, cat converter clogged.

anyway, she comes home today and says she cant lock the door unless its closed now. actually broke the plastic clip that holds it and the plunger fell into the door. wont work with the key either. the solenoid broke forever ago so i cant tell her to just flip the lock switch. am i just going to have to break down and buy a new solenoid assembly and replace the whole latch? thanks alot for any info. im sorry if this is in another thread but i couldnt find it.

heres some pics of our cars for anyone intrested.

thanks alot!

Name:  DSCF2241.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  650.2 KB

Name:  bothrcars.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  465.5 KB

Name:  DSCF2239.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  647.8 KB

Name:  DSCF2236.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  613.3 KB
Old 10-05-2011
Registered!!

Re: help with door that wont lock?

whoops, just noticed i messed up and posted this in the main section. sorry moddies.
Old 10-05-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

ur door lock actuator is out. its an easy fix and not very expensive.
Old 10-05-2011
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

Those are really nice tinted tails you got. What percent is that? And have you got pulled over by any cops for being so dark?
Old 10-07-2011
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

i have this same problem...except mine doesnt have power locks
but they only way to lock the driver door is with the car on and from the passenger seat leaning over locking then pulling the ket outta the ignition (VERY annoying)

the lock wont take the key in but like the first 1/4 inch of it.
mine did it everyonce in a while and i just wiggled the key and it would work...then one day wouldnt work at all

but is it the same fix for non power locks?
Old 10-07-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah you guys need new latch assemblies. the first poster needs the one with actuator on it too, which is slightly more expensive. both are around $50 and take 10 mins to change. very easy fix. seems to be common on these cars for the driver side to go. www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
Old 10-07-2011
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

awesome thanks gear
Old 10-07-2011
Registered!!

call me stupid but is it number 2 here?
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ry5=DOOR+LOCKS

and is that driver side
Old 10-08-2011
Registered!!

or is it this

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=2425810
Old 10-08-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

#30 actually (for left front, driver). this is for non power door locks. make sure to look up the right car because coupe and sedan are different i think.

Originally Posted by pwnsauce
call me stupid but is it number 2 here?
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ry5=DOOR+LOCKS

and is that driver side

Last edited by gearbox; 10-08-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-08-2011
Registered!!

The same key will still work though right?
Old 10-08-2011
Premium Member

yeah you only change the latch assembly. door lock and handle stay the same. you will see when you get the new one and how you need to remove the lock rods from the old unit to take it out.
Old 11-10-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SlimRisk
Those are really nice tinted tails you got. What percent is that? And have you got pulled over by any cops for being so dark?
hey, sorry for not seeing this... i thought i had email notification enabled for this forum but i guess i didnt. its just 30-35% cling on window tint from autozone.

heres a video, if you want a tutorial with more details just let me know. i made an entire tutorial post on another forum with highly detailed pics.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1nDQ__44v0&feature=channel_video_title[/YOUTUBE]

and as for being pulled over, since you can still see them during the day from 500 feet they're legal. but on the off chance you do get hassled you can just peel it off