7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

looking for second opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough
looking for second opinion

so i have a 2004 red em2

just wondering what you guys thought of what im thinking about doing.
first off i know my car has a black primer bumper right now but the new one should be here in the next couple weeks already color matched

then ill be ordering a type r front lip and rear lip which will be painted black
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_5049wt_1054

http://www.absdynamics.com/2004-2005...-2D-TY_203.php

type s side skirts also black
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CIVIC...#ht_3580wt_948

type r style spoiler not sure if i want black or color matched
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...#ht_9488wt_828

and these projectors
http://www.k2motor.com/04-05-honda-c...hts-black.html

also ddm hids for the low beams and fogs
8000k for both

but im not sure about the wing really what color? and what do you guys think looks better the oem coupe wing or the type r?
Old 10-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: looking for second opinion

i think you should not waste your money on those cheap poorly made ebay headlights. and don't put any wing on your car other the oem better yet no wing at all looks so much cleaner.and definitely don't paint the side skirts black color match them.

Last edited by lowlife9; 10-04-2011 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-04-2011
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

okay so what other projectors would you recommend...i dont have time for a retrofit so thats out
Old 10-04-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

those are the only projectors they make for the 04-05. i think they are okay but a bit strange looking in black. what about the chrome ones?

this one comes with grill and fogs too

http://cgi.ebay.com/04-05-Civic-Proj...sories&vxp=mtr

Old 10-04-2011
Registered!!

wow...not a bad price at all...kinda leery tho but my grill should be here tomorrow lol i ordered it a couple days ago

plus for some reason i dont like the chrome ones...i think the black ones look a bit better imo
Old 10-04-2011
Registered!!

also i could be wrong but doesnt anzo make some?
Old 10-05-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

what do you mean you don't have time for a retrofit the mirimoto projectors bolt rite on the whole process can be done in hours.
Old 10-05-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i think he doesnt want to open up the lights to put them in
Old 10-05-2011
Registered!!

he scurd.
Old 10-05-2011
Registered!!

ive opened them before to do the black housings and its a pain in the ***...plus i could never get my driver side one to seal correctly and it fogs up all the time...no matter how many times ive taken it back apart and scraped all the silicone off and put new sealant on it still fogs...
Old 10-05-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

1. do NOT buy that front lip. look for one that is POLYURETHANE. ABS will crack on you.
2. that is an ugly *** hideous tail. do do it.
3. those projectors are way over priced.
Old 10-05-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
1. do NOT buy that front lip. look for one that is POLYURETHANE. ABS will crack on you.
2. that is an ugly *** hideous tail. do do it.
3. those projectors are way over priced.
1. the only type r lips i can find are abs...
2. do you know anywhere i can find a rear lip?...that was the ONLY one i found
3. how bout these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...ht_6048wt_1054
Old 10-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
random will become famous soon enoughrandom will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pwnsauce
I'm not keen on any side, front, or rear skirt-like add-ons that don't come from the factory. No matter how good the fitment is, I find that they still look unnatural and is obviously add-on. That said, if that's what you like and it's the look you're going for, then go for it!