7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New to Forum - Looking for Decent HID Brand for 04' Civic

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jp1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
New to Forum - Looking for Decent HID Brand for 04' Civic

I recently had a headlamp go out, and I am considering going HID. Can anyone recommend a decent low priced HID kit? I noticed the XenonDepot brand mentioned here, but I don't think I can justify the $160 price tag.

Again, I would be just fine to go with standard Halogen, but if there is a decent low end kit out there, I would like to try HID. But I have heard the stories of buying cheap kits that come DOA.

Thanks again.
Old 10-01-2011
Registered!!

marccayen is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New to Forum - Looking for Decent HID Brand for 04' Civic

I got a kit from Lumens and they were around 120 Bucks Taxes in ,Canadian. For HID's your going to end up paying anywhere from 100 to 200 bucks for a set for the civic.
Old 10-02-2011
Registered!!

Hndacvc02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow 100-200? No deal, You said low brand? Go to your local Flea market or whatever, and get a cheaper kit. they all come working, and they almost always offer a "1 Year replacement" but they go on forever if they dont require receipts, anyway the last kit i bought for my 91 corolla was $60 because it was "hi/lo" but other kits ive bought that arent labeled like that only cost about 50 if you can play it right, well thats down here in Texas idk where you;re from and if you can get the same deal,,, if not search Ebay low grade kits for pretty low prices. and actually theyre not that bad. just try to stick between 5k-8k higher than that is really blue /purple. and lower than 5 is yellow and cant be used for headlights
Old 10-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

DDM tuning is about 30 dollars for there raptor kit there digital kit is 40 dollars any they both have a lifetime warranty but there customer service sucks.
Old 10-02-2011
Registered!!

Thanks a bunch. Lowlife9, do you have pretty good experience with DDM?

Also, what about JLM and Kensun anyone? I found they have decent reviews on Amazon. JLM is around $47, AND THE KENSUN is around $80.

Again, I don't want to buy the cheapest kit available, but perhaps something in the $80-$120 range?

Thanks again
Old 10-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

ive had my ddm raptor kit for almost a year with no major issues other then the relay harness relay got wet and corroded so i just got a new one at advanced auto for 5 bucks but that could happen with any relay harness. all the hids you mentioned and in fact most plug and play kits are made in china so definitely go with the cheapest you can find.
Old 10-03-2011
Registered!!

raigen18 is on a distinguished road

have you considered doing a hid retrofit? the retrofit source has complete kits for only $270 (http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...igekso833u2oa1). It's pretty much a simple plug and play solution although you will need to remove and open up your headlights to install it but it is well worth it. this way you'll have a true hid system with much better light output, less chance of glaring other drivers and it'll also give your car a much nicer look with hid projectors. there's many threads of people who have already done this.
Old 10-03-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Lget DDM. Just about everyone on every motorcycle forum uses them

They are a low cost and excellent quality. I have 6 of their kits on my vhicles and I have not on single problem with any of them for every since I started using them 5 years ago

Did I mention thy have a LIFETIME warranty?
Old 10-03-2011

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

There is no need to spend anything over $40 for a good quality hid kit
Old 10-03-2011
Registered!!

iridehonda is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with DDM. Had one of their kits for a year, no issues at all.
Old 10-05-2011
Registered!!

Thanks guys. In fact, I ordered the Kensun Slim Ballast 6000k kit for $55 from Amazon a few days ago after reading lowlife9's comment on Chinese kits. Agreed, if all cheap kits made in China, I just found one with excellent reviews for Customer Service. Most of the reviews said they will mail replacement parts no hassle, without even waiting for return of the defective part. Comes with 2 year warranty.

It arrives UPS tomorrow, can't wait! Now for the install tutorial
Old 10-05-2011
Registered!!

Oh, and forgot to mention, after buying the Kensun I also found out my friend has Apexcone (I think is DDM) in his Mazda. Also no problems for over 1 year. Hope mine is same . . .
Old 10-05-2011

Originally Posted by jp1978
Thanks guys. In fact, I ordered the Kensun Slim Ballast 6000k kit for $55 from Amazon a few days ago after reading lowlife9's comment on Chinese kits. Agreed, if all cheap kits made in China, I just found one with excellent reviews for Customer Service. Most of the reviews said they will mail replacement parts no hassle, without even waiting for return of the defective part. Comes with 2 year warranty.

It arrives UPS tomorrow, can't wait! Now for the install tutorial
all hid kits are made in china.

i dont understand why you didnt buy ddm. they are cheaper, work without flaw and have a lifetime warrenty. and they are a US (california) case company.

but its all good. at least you have hids now.