7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Recent phantom spray

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011
A scene before your eyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balzdpr is on a distinguished road
Recent phantom spray

I just had pressure test done by a local shop and the test showed no issues with leakage or spray or loss of pressure anywhere. So the phantom spray mystery continues to elude me. I gues for ***** and giggles I'm going to replace my rad cap with a higher pressure one. And get some new upper and lower hoses put on. Im looking for a decent well made and affordable rad made of aluminum. The only one I have found thus far is Mishimoto. This company's rad does not come ready made for auto's so I guess im **** out of luck and will have to get a tranmission cooler as well. But thats later.
My question for the guys and gals in here... What other reasons could cause phantom spray besides rad, hoses, or cap leakage? Is there another aluminum rad maker for our cars that will have a model for an auto? And, is it copastetic to run your car with the timeing belt cover removed?
Old 09-19-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Recent phantom spray

you can take the timing covers off, but one rock in there and the engine is trash. higher psi rad cap is also a bad idea, it will cause leaks if there is any weakness in the system.