7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Looks like my ebrake cable just seized, wtf!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Looks like my ebrake cable just seized, wtf!

Just changed my shoes (again!) and now my left ebrake cable isnt fully engaging. I pull the ebrake handle all the way up, the right tire locks fine but the left doesnt and still spins. I backed the ebrake adjustor all the way in the left brake and had to loosen the bolt in the centre console cause if i have the bolt in the center conole at reg tightness it locked the drum on and cant spin the wheel at all.

My mech says my left ebrake cablebis seized but how cn it seize like that? I never disconnected it and it was working fine before putting the new shoes in

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 09-13-2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 09-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Looks like my ebrake cable just seized, wtf!

I've never seen someone have so much trouble with drum brakes, it just doesn't make sense that you keep having these problems..
Old 09-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Well, the cables are the only things you haven't replaced. Bite the bullet and do both. You'll thank me later.
Old 09-13-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

Classic case of "if it ain't broke don't fix it"?? Didn't all of your ebrake problems stem from painting your rear drums?
Old 09-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

true but u might as well while your at it replace the cables (if their still the stock ones) because if its not auto the last thing u want is to go park on a slight slope and ur ebrake go out
Old 09-13-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

ok i got the ebrake working again but the thing is, in the center console where the 2 cables attach to the silver piece? when i pull the handle up, it pulls both up but it angles the metal piece and itll end up in a 45 degree angle. And when i release it stays at the same angle. I then have to manually push it back in for the ebrake to release fully. Is this a screteched cable?