7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

totaled

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011
Kustom Painter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr.Entabulator is an unknown quantity at this point
totaled

Well I totaled my civic thursday on the way to my morning college classes.
I was getting off the interstate and was stopped at the stop sign behind a big rig and we were both turning right. He started to go forward and I was letting out the clutch to proceed behind him and looked to my left to make sure the road was free of oncoming traffic and when I looked back forward the big rig had stopped and I ran right up under the back bumper of the trailer.
I wasn't even doing 5mph
$7,000 worth of damage. I work on wrecked cars for a trade and would have come out in the red fixing it myself and then still would have a rebuilt title. So I took the check.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0351.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	81673
Old 09-10-2011
Registered!!

Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about
Re: totaled

That really sucks. Glad you're alright though.
Old 09-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I'm sorry to hear about that man, our members cars seem to keep being hit for some reason.

What will your next car be?
Old 09-10-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Sad to hear about another member losing their Civic.Atleast you're alright.
Old 09-11-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

Jeeze some 7gen members cars are dropping like flies and being declared totaled.

Smart move on taking the check.
Old 09-11-2011
Registered!!

tencc will become famous soon enough

Sorry to hear about your vic, the main thing is you're alright. Well yesturday the wifey parked her 4Runner next to my vic and managed to scrape the rear passenger side fender, leaving some black smudges and streaks across the fender. Luckily, the fender is still straight and theres no dents or gouges, just the smudges. Anyone know how to get those black streaks off? The car is white and the paint is in great shape. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 09-11-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

dam that sucks i almost bit it tonight from a drunk driver dude came head on into my lane straight at me there was nothing i could do luckily he swerved at the last second looked like a F-150 i probably wouldn't have walked away. as for the black streaks some rubbing compound and some elbow grease will get those rite out.
Old 09-11-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Dam, that sucks. I got tapped in the back by some punk kids in a Tahoe the other day. Thank god it was the new style with the federally mandated lower bumper or he would have been in my trunk. They saw 3 guys get out of my car and hauled azz. I think my buddy Doug in the back seat was the first one out of the car. lol
Old 09-11-2011
Kustom Painter

Thanks guys. Other than a sore back and neck from the jolt I'm all good.
I'm going to atlanta tuesday to look at a 2000 integra. I really wanted to stay in honda/acura family and I've always loved those cars. lol
Old 09-11-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lazlong
Dam, that sucks. I got tapped in the back by some punk kids in a Tahoe the other day. Thank god it was the new style with the federally mandated lower bumper or he would have been in my trunk. They saw 3 guys get out of my car and hauled azz. I think my buddy Doug in the back seat was the first one out of the car. lol
I had that happen to my grandfathers M class (ML350?). One of those big dodge ram's raised up and with mud tires. It rear ended us and were gonna keep driving past us until I got out on the passenger side and blocked the other lane. They turned around tucked there tails and took off the other direction with enough black smoke to gag a train. People in the intersection were like wth?

@OP that's what I did back in AUG, I stayed in the civic department and got a 2007, my check from ins payed for 85%. My rates stayed the same though since I hit deer.
Old 09-11-2011
Kustom Painter

I loved my civic but I figured while I was shopping with a check to just go ahead and find something I little faster lol
I had just payed off my civic, so I really didn't want another car payment
Old 09-12-2011
Person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

Ahh dang man well glad your alright. At least the civics give a good return when they're totaled.
Old 09-12-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Damn bad luck. I hate sitting behind a tractor trailer, those bars in the back seem so high sometimes that if I drive into them i'd lose my head