7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Do i need a new radiator or what?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
benjamin.civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Do i need a new radiator or what?

BACKSTORY: my car has begun to overheat for about 3 months now, first thing that happened, was the thermostat spiked, I added coolant, no problem for a about a month and a half, then recently about 4 weeks ago thermostat spikes more and I check coolant, begin to add some and the radiator doesnt seem to be taking coolant ..ie: I'll put some in, and it'll bubble/lower and needs more, (this process seems to never end), which leads me to believe there is a leak. I can see coolant dripping sometimes, but not all the time under the car. My car is overheating on a daily basis at this point, I replaced the thermostat, no difference really. Just ordered a new switch as well. but the darn thing still doesnt seem to ever fill up with coolant. Do I just order a new radiator??

thanks to you whom know more than I do.
Old 09-07-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Do i need a new radiator or what?

Sounds like it could be. It's hard to say from just an online post. From personal experience, my cousin's Accord was having similar issues. We started by replacing the cap, which was only a temporary solution. He had to bring it into a shop to just double check to make sure the radiator was fine. There had been a hole in it, but we weren't able to see it at the time. His was leaking, which we hadn't noticed probably because of where he was parked when I visited.
Old 09-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Have it checked for exhaust gases in the coolant.
Old 09-08-2011
Registered!!

benjamin.civic is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks guys, I need a pressure test I think..anyone else have input??