7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Front Bumper Trim Piece...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ibanez6686 is an unknown quantity at this point
Front Bumper Trim Piece...

I've had my Civic for a little over a year now. Cosmeticly it is very nice except for one thing that drives me crazy!!! Below the front license plate spot there is that black trim piece where fog lights could go. The person who had this car before me messed it up so much of the piece is gone and the part that spans the whole piece is sagging making it look like a smile face. Here is a picture so you can see what I'm talking about...

Is there a way to replace just this piece without buying a whole new bumper?
Old 09-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Front Bumper Trim Piece...

Not unless you find one at the junkyard. If you're close enough the Pick-and-Pull in Tallahassee put out an '03 last week.

http://www.picknpull.com/check_inventory.aspx

Or check CL everyday and eventually something will come up.
Old 09-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ibanez6686 is an unknown quantity at this point

I figured as much. Damn, Tally is about a four hour drive from here. Definitely not worth it, I'll keep my eyes peeled for one at my local LKQ.
Old 09-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

http://www.car-part.com/
Old 09-07-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

If the little piece of rubber under the bumper is what's sagging, you can rip it off and throw it away, a speed bump did me that favour years ago.

For the black portion of the bumper that's missing, I would just get a sheet of body kit mesh, trim it to fit and attach it with a bit of silicone.