7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New to Forums + new(ish) car!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Renegade121 is an unknown quantity at this point
New to Forums + new(ish) car!

Hey everyone! im new here and would like to say hello!

As of today I just offered to buy a 2005 civic SI-G black manual with roughly 58k-59k km (36.2k - 36.8k miles) to our friends in america. He was asking $12.5k for it but I got him down to $10.7k it has some scrapes and a small section (hardly noticeable) of chipped paint on the trunk that's rusted slightly (paint hasn't bubbled yet) I haven't got it yet but I should have it by the end of the week!
This is my 2nd car and im pretty excited about it!

as a side note this forum has helped me decide wether to get a 7th gen or 8th gen and I think i made the right decision (the 8th gen kinda looks ugly imo sorry in advance if i offended anyone) lol

But yea, do you guys think I made a good deal?

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-05-2011
Registered!!

Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about
Re: New to Forums + new(ish) car!

There's a white 2002 Si with 41k miles on it, with an asking price of $9,250, for sale here. It's in a great shape as well.
Old 09-06-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

That's very low mileage, but it'll still technically be due for some standard maintenance soon, you might be able to use that to get the price down slightly lower than you already did.

With that many kms I'm sure it would serve you well for many years, I'd go for it!
Old 09-06-2011
Registered!!

ok cool I wasnt to sure about it after I said deal with the guy last night, but im going to swing by and give him a deposit on it today!
Old 09-06-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 09-06-2011
Registered!!

Very odd I just stopped by there place and on the car proof report the 2005 Civic said it was an EX on the carproof report. There is an SI on the back of it. Is it just a sticker or is it legit an SI? i want my vtec w/ 160 hp ='(
Old 09-06-2011
Registered!!

raigen18 is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure the Si-G is a Canadian trim model and is equivalent to the Civic EX in the US. You're looking for the SiR (Canadian trim) or Si (US trim) with the 160hp engine.
Old 09-06-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

The difference between American and Canadian names is where your getting mixed up.

The 01-05 Civic Si in Canada is the equivalent of the Civic Ex is America, it has a 127hp D17a2 SOHC Vtec engine, the chassis code for coupes is em2 and sedans es2.

The 02-05 Civic SiR in Canada is the equivalent of the Civic Si in America, it has a 160hp k20a3 DOHC Vtec engine, it was only offered as a 2 door hatch back.

In reality, a driver feels very little difference in power output between the two engines, the wheel horse power of a d17a2 could be made equivalent to the k20a3 with a BC stage 1 cam and still maintain significantly better fuel economy.
Old 09-06-2011
Registered!!

well mind bomber, thank you for clearing that up! that actually helped alot lol!
Old 09-06-2011
Registered!!

That being said what is a civic SI-G?

(sorry for noob questions lol)

EDIT:anddddd double post derpp
Old 09-06-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by Renegade121
That being said what is a civic SI-G?

(sorry for noob questions lol)

EDIT:anddddd double post derpp
Don't worry about noob questions, we all start somewhere!

I didn't realize my Si didn't have the 160hp engine until months after I bought her, I was a little heart broken when I found out.

The G means it has a rear spoiler I think, I have an Si-G and that's the only thing that I can tell is different between my car and a Si.
Old 09-07-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

I thought the G was just put on for the Canadian models to avoid confusion?
Old 09-08-2011
Registered!!

lol looks like they fubar'd the hell outa there plan if thats the case hahaahahaha

should have the car tomorrow!! was more excited about this then going back to college earlier in the week haha

now...to learn to drive stick in a few hours..because im going to need that car to make it to work saturday morning lmao, i should be fine

and on a side note, my EX/SI has a spoiler so i think its something else

Last edited by Renegade121; 09-08-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-08-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Grats on the car. Low mileage, and since it's a 2005 it'll be the best running out of the 7th gen years. I think you'll enjoy the car very much, i'm sure i would if i had it

8th gens aren't nice looking, except the coupes which i liked very much ... but then again i couldn't do the dash, that whole digital stuff is crap lol.
Old 09-09-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Not all Canadian Si civics have spoilers, they were a separate option.

Also, I don't think the -G could be meant to distinguish between american and canadian si models Shift-E, because I've seen DX-Gs and LX-Gs for sale.
Old 09-09-2011
Registered!!

raigen18 is on a distinguished road

I believe the G adds a few more options such as ABS, leather wrapped steering wheel, carbon fiber trim, exhaust tip, etc... I have a regular Si and I don't have any of those.
Old 09-09-2011
Registered!!

marccayen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by raigen18
I believe the G adds a few more options such as ABS, leather wrapped steering wheel, carbon fiber trim, exhaust tip, etc... I have a regular Si and I don't have any of those.
I have a regular Canadian 4Dr Si and it comes with everything listed here. Really Si-G means nothing. It was probably a sale gimmick before the 8th gen came out to help sell their cars. My buddy from work has a Si-G and I have a all the bells and whistles he has all the basic si features. And all Ex and Si (Canadian Si) come with ABS.