7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

license plate light problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rberrey is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy license plate light problem!!!

i realized my license plate lights and truck lid lights are both not working, but brake lights, reverse is all working fine...i replaced the bulbs, and checked the fuses and there all good...anyone have any suggestions!!!!..thanks
Old 08-29-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: license plate light problem!!!

check the wire loom that is tied to the trunk arms. many times the wire will get pinched from opening the trunk too much and short out or break.
Old 09-02-2011
Registered!!

rberrey is an unknown quantity at this point

yea there was 2 wires that broke, thanks for the help!
Old 09-02-2011
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

I found a tsb on this one time a while back (after already fixing the issue on my 05)

Pretty simple fix though.

Don't want to be minus those plate lights.
Old 10-16-2019
Registered!!

Countryboy1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
check the wire loom that is tied to the trunk arms. many times the wire will get pinched from opening the trunk too much and short out or break.
Having the same issue just Google and found that the reverse lights a section of the tail light in the lid and tag lights. But the problem I'm having is section of the lights in the lid and tag lights are not working. Reverse lights work though. When reading your comment I went out to try to look at the wires but they are sealed up in a waterproof wrap of some sort. How do I get this off of there to where I can look at the wires. I know she'll have them have a split to where you can peel the wire out of them but this thing is completely sealed. want to kind of refrain from trying to cut it open afraid of cutting wires message me back directly if you can my email is dwcountryboy39@gmail.com. thank you