7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

01 civic fog lights??

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
canadiankid is an unknown quantity at this point
01 civic fog lights??

i just got my oem-style fog lights from ebay in the mail this morning and i was just wondering if anyone knew of any install guides that are not over complicated? (preferably with pictures)

thanks,

Jay
Old 08-23-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough
Re: 01 civic fog lights??

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ay-button.html
Old 08-23-2011
Registered!!

thanks brian that should hopefully do the trick
Old 08-23-2011
Registered!!

Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about

Awesome DIY. I was thinking about picking up some of those soon.
Old 08-24-2011
Registered!!

i got a copy of install instructions from honda for their oem fog lights (which should do the trick as the ebay ones are just re-productions) and it never said anything about taking the bumper off. i thought i would have too? or do people leave their bumpers on when putting the fog lights in?

also, when cutting the bumper do u dremel out the whole slatted piece that i have highlighted in the picture that i posted?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	different pic for.jpg
Views:	2634
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	81613  
Old 08-24-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

I took mine off for sure. There's no easy way to cut the bumper with it on since your best vantage point for cutting with a dremel will be from the back. Don't be lazy, just take it off
Old 08-25-2011
Registered!!

yea im going to take it off. but does anybody know exactly what it is that i have to cut, do i cut out the whole piece that i have circled?
Old 08-25-2011
Sedans > Coupes

I had no idea how to cut the bumper so I just cut out the black filler piece and the fog didnt fit in at all so I just winged it and used a dremel to cut grooves and holes where I just thought they would go. In the end it turned out pretty good and they hold in well. I only found instructions after lol

http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum...-civics-70402/
Old 08-25-2011
Registered!!

my brother and i tried for most of the day to figure out the wiring (how to connect it to the fuse panel) because it is different from the honda oem wiring harness and my kit came with no sort of install instructions. so now they are sitting in the workshop in my house till i can figure this out.
Old 08-25-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Welcome to my world buddy. It took me and my electrically talented friend a couple days to figure it out and the relay busted so now I'm trying to fix it but I feel like I'm in over my head. I doubt that our cars have the same fuse panel but if they do then you can try plugging them in where I plugged mine in. Here's a thread that I made on Honda Tech that should explain where to put it. Read a few posts down.
Old 08-27-2011
Registered!!

yea i dont know what im going to do. i dont know if i should just send them back. or if i should try to figure something out. someone i know suggested running them straight to the battery indepented from the fuse panel. but i dont know -_-
Old 08-28-2011
Sedans > Coupes

If they're anything like mine then you won't be able to do that... you'll need some kind of second power source for the switch to light up for night time driving. Mine are wired completely retartedly. Hey at least you don't have a busted fuse and you can't figure out how to wire the new one in
Old 08-29-2011
Registered!!

i just wish i could figure these out. they'd look so good haha
Old 08-29-2011
Person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

I wired to the battery and they worked fine. They were Ebay knock offs as well. Mine had a fuse and relay built into the system though.
Old 08-29-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lollygagger
I wired to the battery and they worked fine. They were Ebay knock offs as well. Mine had a fuse and relay built into the system though.
mine are the ebay oem style fogs. the wiring harness has a fuse and a relay too and it is ment to wire to the fuse panel but it makes no sense and my brother and i spent like 4 hours the other day trying to figure them out. im kind of thinking of making my own wiring and just wiring them straight to the battery.
Old 08-29-2011
Person

lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

what I did, after a ton of trial and error was wire the plug correctly, then the other two I had remaining I wired to the battery. I did this before everything was mounted to make sure it worked. mine looked like this:

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...ht-wiring.html
Old 08-29-2011
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

okay mine were spyder brand oem smoked fogs and it had the relay and the switch with it. the switch i wired into the cigarette lighter wires so the switch would power on with the car... And it had 3 wires one white (12v) one black (GRND) one yellow (12v switched power). yours may be different colors but black is always ground and i knew white was 12v cuz it had a ring terminal on the end. the yellow wire had a butt connector crimped on.

Now the fog light harness should have 3 wires also plus the 2 fog light bulb sockets...red black and yellow (yellow coming off the relay box thing). red wire (12v) goes to positive side of battery black goes to negative (or if u dont have enought slack as i didnt just ground it right above the radiator there was a bolt there just sand off the paint). my yellow wire had the same butt connector that the yellow wire off the switch had but the switch side was male and the relay side was female. just plug the yellows together and tada...btw yes you have to take the bumper off...its just easier that way since our cars only have like 4 screws and 6 clips holding it on