7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Post Your Then and Now Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Post Your Then and Now Pics!

I've seen 'em before, but it kinda stuck after Gearbox's thread on getting new wheels and tires. Coming around full circle, going back to steelies with hubcaps. I figured why not. Let's get nostalgic. Break out those old pics with your altezzas, body kits and chrome wheels. What was cool back in the day (or so you thought) and what you look like now.

Just a sampling is all. Don't need long build threads. Mine isn't so drastic, but I know there are some real transformations out there. Post your then and now pics.

Last edited by maxtierney; 08-11-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 08-10-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Then and Now

Looks like something from fast and furious. All CGI :P
Old 08-10-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Car looks great man... it's not over done, nice and clean. One of the best I've seen.
Old 08-10-2011
EM2ti

maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Nah, I'm just middle of the road, but thanks! Let's see some of those Canadian old school tuner pics. I know Tokyo Drift was big up there too.
Old 08-10-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

headlight details? and did you paint the car silver?
Old 08-11-2011
EM2ti

Originally Posted by gearbox
headlight details? and did you paint the car silver?
No paint. Haha. The color was a lot deeper then, because I waxed my car every other weekend. Three coats minimum. Only wax my car sees nowadays is what squirts out of the gas station car wash.

As for the headlights... I want to take some night shots, but my phone camera sucks. 4300k OEM FX35s. Nice white color, despite the low temp rating. I've compared them to TLs and AP2s. Similar color and they appear to be just as wide horizontally. The cutoff is pretty sharp, but needs to be adjusted slightly. My hood pins are in the way. Good bumper height, but the beams are currently an inch or two away from perfect. I'd like to get some whiter parking light bulbs, but I'm not a fan of sacrificing too much life. Any recommendations?
Old 08-11-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Subbed, hehehehe
Old 08-11-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Post Your Then and Now Pics!

Former
Name:  39508_10150241639145615_649455614_13847413_8271346_n.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  54.6 KB

Went back to stock bumpers, tail lights, hood, peeled off the tint and changed wheels. I kept the side skirts, I'm a bit lower with my current wheels, and I have TL retrofitted oem headlights with clear fog lights.
Old 08-11-2011
EM2ti

I'm digging those wheels. What are they? That front end reminds me of the last gen TSX. Removed the tint? Not a very common un-mod. Then again, neither was Gearbox's steelies.
Old 08-11-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

My tint turned all purple, it was on the car when I bought it and I guess the previous owner cheaped out. If I were going to re-do it I get 3m, but I rather spend my money on function 7 control arms than dark windows
Old 08-11-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Former

Went back to stock bumpers, tail lights, hood, peeled off the tint and changed wheels. I kept the side skirts, I'm a bit lower with my current wheels, and I have TL retrofitted oem headlights with clear fog lights.
holy batman taillights. they are not stock.

bwahahah..... now i dont feel so bad about all the times u made fun of me...

....oh wait. or was that kenny? lol

Last edited by sl33pyriceboi; 08-11-2011 at 03:05 AM.
Old 08-11-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i ripped out my rear windshield tint cause it would never stick to those round circle things around the edges. finally enough tint fell and rolled up that it was blocking my view. even with a ton of scrubbing and thinking i got all the glue, there are still glue residues that seem like they etched the glass. another thing for the list new front and rear windshields lol. glass ages very badly.

for the park lights, idk. im sticking with a regular clear bulb for best life. i think i may even go dimmer than the w5w in there now cause changing park lights on tycs is crazy. bumper even has to come out. maybe a 168 next time or something.

my car has been thru so many different looks i would fill up a whole page lol. the first look was very ricey too.
Old 08-11-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Wish I could post here but I've only had my car for a year now and well we all know what a stock civic looks like
Old 08-11-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Before: (2008)
Name:  DSCF1097_8_9.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  113.5 KB

After: (2011)
Name:  Car2.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  69.3 KB

HUGE difference huh? XD >.<

Last edited by Kennykid2002; 08-12-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Old 08-11-2011
Premium Member

for some reason those si rims look great on coupes but small on sedans. nice upgrade. you should do color matched 2001 accord washer nozzles next
Old 08-11-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

I should post mine too :3
Old 08-11-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
holy batman taillights. they are not stock.

bwahahah..... now i dont feel so bad about all the times u made fun of me...

....oh wait. or was that kenny? lol
That was Sandro, Kenny and I

I actually sorta liked the tail lights I had, they were all black inside, no chrome. When I went back to a stock body they didn't look quite right though.

I should get around to taking output shots of my retro, holy batman I love hids.

Oh and I added an 04-05 oem rear lip
Old 08-11-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gearbox
for some reason those si rims look great on coupes but small on sedans. nice upgrade. you should do color matched 2001 accord washer nozzles next
Maybe cos they're made for coupes to begin with? Lol

Speaking of washer nozzles, I think i'll do that, but 1 question.
I was changing my oil earlier today, notice theres loads of gunk inside the windshield wiper fluid tubes....
I could see it's pretty easy to replace the first two that connect to the nozzle, but how hard would it be getting that one tube down to the pump?

If it involves removing the bumper then screw it.

I was thinking using some clear silicone tubing probably from a fish store or something.
Should work...
Old 08-11-2011
Premium Member

you can always cut the line and put a pipe fitting (like vacuum tube) to connect the new hose to old just before it dips under the bumper. that way you replace 90% of the tubing and dont have to remove the bumper. be sure to get a sample of the tubing and take it to the auto store so you get the right size connector. i recommend the smoke black accord tubing they sell at the dealer in bulk. with the accord nozzles, the inlet sits the opposite direction, so you need new tubing anyway.
Old 08-11-2011
EM2ti

Accord nozzles? Do they have a better spray pattern?
Old 08-11-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Any idea how much the nozzles cost at the dealer?

Im about to go dumpster diving....err junkyard hopping for em :P
Old 08-11-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Nothing much has changed for me.
Then:

Now:
Old 08-11-2011
=)

:O
Did you let Arashi touch your car ? It went from an Accord to a BMW ?!?!?!
:OOOO
Old 08-11-2011
=)

OMG PALM TREEEEEEsSSS ! <3
Old 08-11-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

My house has palm treees.hahaha.Almost every house on my street has palm trees.
Old 08-11-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by maxtierney
Accord nozzles? Do they have a better spray pattern?
they're colour matched, unlike our black ones.
Old 08-11-2011
Premium Member

i cant remember the nozzle price, i got mine so long ago
Old 08-12-2011
Registered!!

rberrey is an unknown quantity at this point

Take a look, tell me what you think

BEFORE
Click image for larger version

Name:	226360_10150599661695024_890265023_18480989_1114678_n.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	81517

Name:	228605_10150594148090024_890265023_18433656_5273258_n (1).jpg
Views:	98
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	81518

NOW

Name:	07142011097.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	81519

Name:	08112011126.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	81520

Name:	08112011127.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	81521
Old 08-12-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

^that looks great, really clean!
Old 08-12-2011
EM2ti

Originally Posted by MindBomber
they're colour matched, unlike our black ones.
Thanks. Learn something new everyday.