7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Buying a factory spoiler

Old 08-05-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
justinmill14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Buying a factory spoiler

I just bought a 2003 Civic coupe EX and it is red. I am wanting to put a factory spoiler on it. What is the best way to go, buy it pre painted or buy it primed and get it painted somewhere? I figured with it being red it may be smarted to get it painted after I get it to make sure it matches good? Also, does anyone know of a good website to buy it from with the best prices? And what material should I get? Thanks for the help!
Old 08-05-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Buying a factory spoiler

http://www.handa-accessories.com/

I'm not sure about the painting part though.
Old 08-06-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Assuming your car and said spoiler is OEM paint .. it shouldnt be mismatched unless your car is hella faded ..
Old 08-06-2011
Registered!!

Well the car isn't faded any from what I can tell. It still has a shiny look to it.
Old 08-06-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

The link I gave you has the spoiler on sale for certain colors.
Old 08-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

this is were i got mine its oem style but the color matched perfectly and the quality was amazing. i endedup not installing it so if your car is white ill sell you mine dirt cheap.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02...item45fc33b549
Old 08-07-2011
Registered!!

Thanks for the link... my car is red though as I posted in my first post. This is a good price but I am wanting one without the third brake light. Wonder if that place has them without it and at the same price??
Old 08-07-2011
:3

Crescent is on a distinguished road

i just bought one like a week ago, i got a red civic too, no matter how you get it, painted or primed, it wont be 100% matched, cause your car paint will cure due to sun exposure and stuff, but its not a big difference, you really have to look at it very close to notice a difference. and your car color would be Rallye red
Old 08-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i do believe they have it without the brake light for cheaper but im not certain just contact them.
Old 08-07-2011
Registered!!

Alright thanks, I was hoping I would hear from someone in this thread that has a red civic. Did you order yours pre painted? I don't expect it to match up perfectly but I don't want it to be noticeable unless a person is just really trying to look for it.
Old 08-07-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

I don't have a red car, but the best way is to get the spoiler painted afterwards. I don't care how nice your paint is or if you garage it everyday, nothing will match unless it is from the same batch of paint, period. Red especially. Red is one of the worst cars for fade and oxidation. When I lived in Hawaii, they did not sell red Civics for that exact reason.

I'm no painter, but I've stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once. Seriously, I've had a car or various car parts painted for at least the past 15 years. All the body shop guys I go to, compare the shade of the car to a color wheel of sorts, even with white cars. There are variances in the coolness (blue) or hotness (yellow) than what is called out in the factory color code. They adjust the mix accordingly.

If it's a good deal for a painted one, go for it. If I had to chose, get it painted yourself.
Old 08-07-2011
Registered!!

Alright thanks. With that price at $80 painted, Im going to get it. If it doesn't come close to matching then I will just get it re-painted to match better.