7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Got a new(er) civic

Old 08-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point
Got a new(er) civic

So I saw my 2001 civic ex get hauled off by the insurance company. They put it on top of a 8th gen beige civic that got in a rollover. Anyways I purchased a 2007 civic lx for 7500. Its in really good condition, few scratches here and there, but none of them deep. A touch up pen can make them disappear.

I'm not planning on doing anything major to it. I put down 6000 on it so I get about 2grand financed. I got the $ for it but I'm going to built up my credit, I'm only 21. Throw in a K&N air filter, new battery, etc except the $130.00 O2 sensor...do the typical tune up stuff after I buy a service manual. Oh and throw in the subs which looks like a pain in the *** from what I've read!

I see the 8th gen area is kinda empty when it comes to Diy's in the car audio section, so I'll still be around to give some input in the 7gen arena. I'll probably do DIY's on all the tune-ups, sub stuff I do as well.
Old 08-04-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough
Re: Got a new(er) civic

Nice FG
Old 08-04-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

great!
glad all went well for you.
Next you will be regretting for the LX and not EX or manual :P
Old 08-04-2011
Registered!!

^thanks! Fg is the chassis code? I'm so used to the em2/D17a2! I'll probably get some rims after I pay it off and when the tires go bald, while keeping the deers away from this one.
Old 08-04-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Yup, you got the FG1, non Si .. FG 2 = Si ... FA1 is non si 4 dr, and FA5 ...you know what it is, haha

Then there's FD2, which is Civic Type R
FN2 is the Type R hatch in the UK
:P
Old 08-04-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
great!
glad all went well for you.
Next you will be regretting for the LX and not EX or manual :P
Thanks! Yea I know the tranny was a big issue for me, but that was a good price, 2000 below KBB. I'd rather be without vtec anyways, vtec is just something else that can break. I saw a 2010 civic for 11500...It was a scam too the SRS light was on.

I read EX has a factor amp/sub that requires attenion to not interfere with my aftermkt amp/sub. Its all good in the hood!
Old 08-04-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

or you can find them chassis codes in my signature
But yeah, good price on it, and you have enough knowledge to select well from the other cars, so congrats!

So don't drive during christmas, there is one called Rudolph around that time of the year
Old 08-04-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by iSharix
Yup, you got the FG1, non Si .. FG 2 = Si ... FA1 is non si 4 dr, and FA5 ...you know what it is, haha

Then there's FD2, which is Civic Type R
FN2 is the Type R hatch in the UK
:P
Those 2011/12 Civic Type-R's are nice. I have one on Gran Turismo!
Old 08-04-2011
=)

Yeah ... so does Josh, and I smoked him with my DC5
Old 08-04-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

What happened to your old car OP? Accident?

And your LX doesnt have Vtax?
Old 08-04-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

^ he is happy with new car, don't botch his happiness by making him remember what happened.
by now, you also should know LX does not have VTEC, much less V-tax to pay for that.
Old 08-04-2011
=)

Actually ... R18 does have VTEC, ...econ VTEC :P

http://world.honda.com/HDTV/news/2005-4050705a/

http://asia.vtec.net/Engines/RiVTEC/index.html
Old 08-04-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Very nice. I like the 8th gens a lot, especially the 2 doors. Take good care of her and when you realize you want manual then come back to the 7th gen
Old 08-04-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

came back - couldn't sleep yet - that must rub off... Darn... thanks fer that, Shari...
Yeah, now ask him if he knows what is a 8th gen and what's different from a 7th gen :P
sorry, wrong info, 8th gen have the VTEC. I still don't pay V-tax, though

7thgenmarathon, tell us how diff is the 8th gen from the 7th

Also, ask the mods to change you to 8thgenmarathon :P
Old 08-04-2011
=)

Differences from 8th gen and 7th gen? They're a generation apart, LOL :P

Virtual taxes FTW ?!
Old 08-04-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

you don't need to go that literal... lol!
although the 6th -> 7th -> 8th were real changes (not sure if for the better...). 9th was a change too (see the 2012 in CR magazine...)
Old 08-04-2011
=)

9th gen is for sure a change, I mean, as far as I know, the k series in the newer cars are all high rev engines, except for the new K24 in the 9th gen .. I mean .. good for those that don't plan on doing much to their car and still have power o_O
Old 08-04-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

not power, rather torque. buuuut.... low rev hondas... kinda... strange... Need to know if there is a way round to get some more revs from them, but i did not see a diagram. the new intake/exhaust integrated? I guess i need to search on the TL or similar with the similar engine.
7(8)thgenmarathon,
glad you did not choose the 9th gen - too many unknown right now on them...
Old 08-04-2011
Johnny Tran stole my S2000 that I had over $100K in mods.

VTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to beholdVTEC-4.0 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah ... so does Josh, and I smoked him with my DC5
WHO SAID GT5?I spent my summer dedicated to that game.

@OP the FG looks good.I can't notice the scratches so that's good
Old 08-04-2011
=)

Theres an increase in power too .... like 4hp, LOL ... does that extra 30 lb of torque make a big difference ?
Old 08-04-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Theres an increase in power too .... like 4hp, LOL ... does that extra 30 lb of torque make a big difference ?
oh, yeh! depending on RPM, mostly. torque curves seem to be flatter? Meaning from low RPM. hondas like vics are more peaky curves, so you need to play well the gears (s2k are the best example - botch the shifting and drop rpm and you go slow... Me miata is not too far...)
Old 08-05-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

i might be the only one but i still think the 7th gen is much nicer than the 8th or 8th gens.
Old 08-05-2011
=)

Go away
Old 08-05-2011
Registered!!

@Carnoobie, I hit a deer going to work-ins. company totalled my car.

I don't know what I'm gonna do without Vtec! Its gonna be wierd doing engine bay stuff without having it spelled out in front of you.

@sdaidoji -yeah I'll ask to change it to 8th..that's hilarious I didn't think of changing my username. The car is still on the sales lot, I'll be picking it tomorrow(saturday). LOL I can't afford a 9th gen.

I will say I can feel the extra shetland ponies(mini ponies) in an 8th gen.
Old 08-05-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice car! thats really great, I hope you like it and she treats you well.
Old 08-05-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Great pickup for the price, glad you stayed with the civic lineup, but I really do not like the 06+ civics, other than the FA5/FD2

You can feel the power in the newer civics, but the problem is the weight of the car,
Try taking it around the corners the same speed you would in your EM2, you'll know what I mean
I drove the FA5 a couple weeks ago, it's kind of fidgety on an offramp at speed, compared to my EM2 that sticks to the pavement.
Old 08-05-2011
Registered!!

^it will be a lot different, comparing my new coupe to the old em2. I didn't get the check from ins. Yet so I might not pick it up this Saturday. I see there's not as many quick tune ups to do on these 07 coupe civs. The throttle body is electronically controlled? Any input isharix? Oh and the CV boot on the driver side is leaking. I can get my on the side mechanic to fix it and teach me in my garage.
Old 08-05-2011
=)

I'm not the best person to ask cause I only know so much and I have little experience with the damn car ...

I do know most of the stuff in the car is controlled electronically, car's drive by wire .. -shrugs-

@Kenny - Really ... power of the new Civic ? What power ! ? .... but then I never drove an EM2, so I can't compare but still ... R18 = bad .. needs a k swap, lol
Old 08-05-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

the higher torque in the newer civics give em a little more pep to the step, you can feel it. but I just do not like the newer civics at all.
FA5 is fine, but give me a k20a3 em2, and i'll be happier than driving a heavy block of pig iron
Old 08-06-2011
Registered!!

Just got the new civic . Gonna start doing the tune-ups, starting with the sparkys first.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got a new(er) civic