7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

What does this sound like?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
What does this sound like?

Just notice it tonight when I had my window down, its coming from my driver side wheel. Held my recorded as close to the wheel as i could and went to an empty lot to record this. All this was on a completely flat road surface. I was in a lot so didnt get much speed - roughly 5-15km, but always got the sound when turning left or right and on and off when straight. My thought is wheel bearing or maybe that one mech is right and maybe I do have a bent wheel hub.

But I just had that same wheel off today and it spun quiet and straight, no wobble, the wheel was solid as hell. WHen i got out in the lot, i pushed on the tire a bit and notice it seems a bit softer than the rest of my tires. You think i should get all 4 balanced and check the pressures? I dont even know if that would even have anything to do with it.

let me know if this works, should stream.

If you cant pickout the sound, listen from 27secs-37secs, its very obvious there.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Publi...mp3?w=c5bd092f

Last edited by Civicnoobie; 07-25-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-25-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
Re: What does this sound like?

You need to take a ride in my car. My car squeaks, rattles, pops, etc. I have high speed wobble, low rpm shudder, bump trunk flapping, cowl shake, console vibration, and glovebox shimmy. My brakes make the strangest sounds during panic stops on bumps. I rub my tires when turning in reverse and rotating the rear end at speed. I've grinded third gear at redline more times than I can count. I bounce off the rev limiter daily. It's all normal. 8 years on 19s and have never bent a hub. Even after breaking countless studs. I never replaced my rear shoes or adjusted my brakes when I had drums. I even had a leak on one of my rears. But I didn't care, because drum brakes are bullet proof. I have 150K miles and am still going strong. I drive my car like I stole it and have nearly 20 grand into my car on top of the 18 grand I paid for it new. RELAX and drive it until something actually breaks. I've taken my car to hell and back. I love my car more than someone legally should. I may actually have a problem. I've eaten ramen for months because I was broke, but wouldspend my last dollar on an upgrade without blinking. Stop worrying and enjoy your car.

Don't fret about a soft tire, bust out the gauge and check your pressures.
Old 07-26-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Hey dude thanks. Were you able to hear my soundclip in my link? Well im all about preventative maintenancr, i like to take care of stuff as they arise. I replaced my wheel cylinders too just recently. Should have done it last brake job then it wouldny have leaked. But its all a learninh experience.
Old 07-26-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

It's all good. I understand we all started the same way. You're lucky you have a forum to fall back on. I had to figure it all out on my own when I was younger. We're here to help. I post from my phone, so I wasn't able to hear the clip, but if it's an issue, it'll present itself as a more pronounced problem. If it's a bent hub, you'll see it in your tire wear. If it's a bearing, it'll get louder and not intermittent. Same with a cv joint, ball joint or bushing. If your engine, tranny and brakes are on good working order, you're in great shape. Everything else is minor and fixable.
Old 07-26-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

i got a kinda harsh message when i clicked the link.

"
Error (403)

It seems you don't belong here! You should probably try logging in?

You can also check out our FAQ or forums and maybe you'll find what you were looking for. Or maybe you should try heading home. "

alrighty then. lol
Old 07-26-2011
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

^ i got that message to lol