7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Part Reccomendation: Strut Mounts

Old 07-21-2011
02 coupe DX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Part Reccomendation: Strut Mounts

hey guys,

ok so as some of you know I am will be dropping my car 1.4" on eibachs. I also have tokico Blues coming in shortly, and I guess I need new strut mounts as well. So I went to my local NAPA autoparts, and the guy said they are going to run me about 100 bucks a piece. I am wondering is their a cheaper place to buy them? online? a different brand? Anything will help guys, I thought it was going to be maybe 50 a piece. THANKS!

I have found this, but only has front left and right

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/product.aspx?sid=gbsgp3ujaaz4ge551m2gd32t&makeid=5 9@Honda&modelid=6014~806~1845~482~~5~5@Civic%20DX% 20&year=2002&cid=16@Suspension&gid=7600@Suspension %20Strut%20Mount
Old 07-21-2011
A descendant of 2k1civic.com

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Part Reccomendation: Strut Mounts

Yeah, that's too much, did he even look them up? What other parts stores do you have in your area? I've seen KYBs go for like $75 locally, Moogs for $55 or $60 and store brands for like $50 each. I'm sure Amazon is even better.

See if this link works:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/part-finder...4011&carId=003
Old 07-21-2011
02 coupe DX

Originally Posted by pheaton
Yeah, that's too much, did he even look them up? What other parts stores do you have in your area? I've seen KYBs go for like $75 locally, Moogs for $55 or $60 and store brands for like $50 each. I'm sure Amazon is even better.

See if this link works:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/part-finder/slide-show/2002/Honda/Civic/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Model=Civic|752&Make=Honda |59&Year=2002|2002&brand=&partsNode=2286884011&car Id=003
Thanks I thought so. I find it pretty difficult to find parts online sometimes because i never trust myself if that IS the right part. The guy at the NAPA is a total goof, and everyone in town thinks hes a meathead. He looked them up and said that. Last time I told him what taillight bulb i needed for my civic and he didnt believe me. Then sold me the wrong bulb anyway!!!

Just got a pricing from PartSource in ottawa. he said Front strut mounts, $102 each, and rear, $14 each.. does that not sound messed up?

Last edited by Lopes101; 07-21-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-21-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

explain to me why u need NEW strut mounts again? did yours break or something? because they are designed to last forever.

now, you can replace the bearing on there (which is much cheaper) if u wanted to, but replacing the whole top strut mount is really unnecessary.
Old 07-21-2011
02 coupe DX

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
explain to me why u need NEW strut mounts again? did yours break or something? because they are designed to last forever.

now, you can replace the bearing on there (which is much cheaper) if u wanted to, but replacing the whole top strut mount is really unnecessary.
really? I was told by my mechanic friend that if I was swapping out struts and springs, to do the mounts as well. As far as i know they are ok? Should I just leave them? Anyway of of seeing how they are?
Old 07-21-2011

pheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of lightpheaton is a glorious beacon of light

I'm going to swap mine when I do them. They may not need to be done, but since they are right there, I figured might as well. . $102 each on the fronts? wow. Are you sure that isn't 2 of them?
Old 07-21-2011
02 coupe DX

Originally Posted by pheaton
I'm going to swap mine when I do them. They may not need to be done, but since they are right there, I figured might as well. . $102 each on the fronts? wow. Are you sure that isn't 2 of them?
I was more concerned about the $14, is that not low?
Old 07-21-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Keep in mind, parts in Canada are much cheaper then parts in the US
Old 07-21-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

^Opposite, parts in Canada cost double what they do in the states.

Mechanics tell you to replace the strut mounts, because it's easier than just doing the bearing. I'm lazy, so I replaced the entire mount bearing assembly using OEM parts and it was like $75 for both fronts from hondapartscheap.
Old 07-21-2011
02 coupe DX

Originally Posted by MindBomber
^Opposite, parts in Canada cost double what they do in the states.

Mechanics tell you to replace the strut mounts, because it's easier than just doing the bearing. I'm lazy, so I replaced the entire mount bearing assembly using OEM parts and it was like $75 for both fronts from hondapartscheap.

ok so should I replace the bearing? replace the entire part? or leave it as it is because they are meant to last?
Old 07-21-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

WOOPS! lol, I totally didn't look at that when I wrote it :P Ya, MORE EXPENSIVE not cheaper :P
Old 07-21-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i didnt replace the mounts when doing springs and now theyre cracked. lesson learned i guess, but i will wait til the next time i need shocks prolly few yrs later. i would get moogs if you can find them.
Old 07-21-2011

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

The bearings for our civics are easy to take out. Donut by hand. Some cars are much harder (prob why ur mech told u to replace it)

But ur just wasting ur money. Use that money toward something else... Like a civicforums.com sticker
Old 07-21-2011

Hey gearbox how did yours crack? Those thing are like a solid pc of steel. Straight up bullet proof. Lol
Old 07-21-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

If one actually cracked I bet that's a manufacturing flaw, they're a pretty thick peice of stamped steel.

These are the mounts I'm getting next, hopefully sometime around spring
http://www.dvrace.com/caster1.html

Last edited by MindBomber; 07-21-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-21-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MindBomber
If one actually cracked I bet that's a manufacturing flaw, they're a pretty thick peice of stamped steel.

These are the mounts I'm getting next, hopefully sometime around spring
http://www.dvrace.com/caster1.html
SWEET! How much are these?
Old 07-21-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by maxtierney
SWEET! How much are these?
$450 + $15 for the camber adjusting tool, no need to buy top mounts since the Tein mounts will work.

The company is owned by Todd on clubrsx, I'll give everyone the coles notes here:

Todd is a professional engineer who designs and manufactures racing bicycles, as a weekend hobby he tracks a DC5. Rather than be content with the good quality products retailed by Spoon, J's, Mugen, Buddy Club and etcetera he designs parts that equal to the quality of the true race parts the big manufactures use on their track cars. Todd then retails those products to the community for little or no profit, completely negating the hundreds of hours it takes him to design the parts.

I ordered a set of his tie rods last Friday, I'll post up a review once I've tested them out.
Old 07-21-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

nah the older mounts (like mine) were plastic. new part is updated metal.
Old 07-22-2011

Originally Posted by gearbox
nah the older mounts (like mine) were plastic. new part is updated metal.
That's the issue I was thinking of. That's why our cars had so many issues with those. . They were friggin plastic. . haha
Old 07-22-2011
Registered!!

Headstrong Perf is an unknown quantity at this point

Most OEM's make the mounts out of rubber or plastic because the focus is on price, and on ride quality. Not so much on the performance standpoint.

I have a set of KYB upper mounts PN#SM5402 for about 50.00 a piece and the rears PN#5400 for about 20.00 a piece. We'll just have to figure out shipping.
Old 07-22-2011
02 coupe DX

Originally Posted by Headstrong Perf
Most OEM's make the mounts out of rubber or plastic because the focus is on price, and on ride quality. Not so much on the performance standpoint.

I have a set of KYB upper mounts PN#SM5402 for about 50.00 a piece and the rears PN#5400 for about 20.00 a piece. We'll just have to figure out shipping.

Well I think from the responses I received I am going to just risk it and leave them the way they are, and not change anything. I gave your store a quick browse, welcome to the forums!