7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric spray paint

Old 07-20-2011
CivicChick2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all
Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric spray paint

hey - i was just wondering if anyone has used the Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric spray paint? i almost bought it today because I am planning on taking out my center piece between the seats anyways to paint that ugly gold ring around the shifter. and i figured, if i have it out already, i think it would look better black than gray.

here is the link to the site http://duplicolor.com/products/vinylFabricCoating/

i just wanted to see some feedback before i did anything, especially if this is no good. let me know, thanks
Old 07-20-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dupli-Color Vinyl & Fabric spray paint

I sprayed my tan center console with that stuff.. The tan still shows through a bit where the paint's been scratched off.. I'm either gonna re-do it or buy a black center console

However, the shifter trim I sprayed with some regular automotive paint has kept it color pretty well.. I guess it comes down to how much "traffic" that area sees.
Old 07-20-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ONSOLE+%281%29
12 bucks
Old 07-20-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

^^ Good lookin out. With S & H it's only $24- very reasonable.
Old 07-20-2011
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I think she's talking about the silver trim around the shift boot, not the black panel around that.
Old 07-20-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Oh, I thought lowlife was talkin to you. They're both $12. lol

Old 07-20-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I sprayed my tan center console with that stuff.. The tan still shows through a bit where the paint's been scratched off.. I'm either gonna re-do it or buy a black center console

However, the shifter trim I sprayed with some regular automotive paint has kept it color pretty well.. I guess it comes down to how much "traffic" that area sees.
yeah, that piece around the shifter is just ugly. ive complained about it many times before, and i just want it painted. im definetly paintin that part, but on the fence about paintin the rest.. thanks for lettin me know though
Old 07-20-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by lowlife9
wow. i had no idea you could even get this. i also didnt know it came in 50 different pieces lol.. but definetly well worth lookin into. thanks
Old 07-20-2011
CivicChick2001

doesnt the center piece between the seats come out in 2 pieces? i didnt know all of those parts could be removed..
Old 07-20-2011
Administrator
Administrator

lol, yea.. the center console actually comes off in 2 pieces (the black piece surrounding the e-brake, and the rest of it), but you can take the whole thing apart into like.. 50 million pieces.. lol
Old 07-20-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

If you use that spray for vinyl, its OK at best,

It sucks horribly on fabric, makes the fabric hard as hell
Old 07-20-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

just use a flat black interior paint. no reason to use fabric paint on solid non fabric material. its for painting cloth or carpet and it sucks at that too.
Old 07-20-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

If you decide to paint fabric, walmart dye is the way to go
Old 07-21-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah dye. i remember someone used that spray on their seat and was pissed how terrible it turned out with clumps of dried paint coming off and pretty much feeling like sitting on granola.
Old 07-21-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
lol, yea.. the center console actually comes off in 2 pieces (the black piece surrounding the e-brake, and the rest of it), but you can take the whole thing apart into like.. 50 million pieces.. lol
i saw that diagram and was like.. damn. lol
Old 07-21-2011
CivicChick2001

and yeah, im not painting any fabric.. that is just a straight up bad idea. ive felt a seat someone did that to and it felt like.. well.. it felt like paint dried up on fabric. lol hard, rough, and IF you sat on it, you'd be worried that paint would get on you. so no. not doing that ever. wish i knew how to wrap my seats or make seat covers. that'd be sweet.

but thanks for the tips everyone on what to use to paint it.. i appreciate it.. still on the fence about rather or not im gonna paint it all, but we shall see..
Old 07-21-2011
Premium Member

you could always take off the stock seat covers and dye them (would have to be a darker color than what they are now. like doing grey seats in black dye). or also they do sell actual seat cover replacements on ebay that replace the stock ones with a good fit. not the cheapo ones that fit over the stock cover. these are actual replacements that sit on the foam part of the seat in place of stock. they have leathers too but theyre like $500 a set and require professional install.
Old 07-21-2011
Registered!!

^^ The tops are easy. It's the bottoms that are a pain. I've attempted it and ended up taking it to a professional. It's just dam hard to get the clips on there AND fit right. They have some secret that I haven't figured out. lol
Old 07-21-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Ive been thinking about painting the silver bezel around the shifter, but is it safe? Dont want the console or shifter heating up due to the paint. I was thinking about using heat high paint that iused on my calipers since i got some left.