7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Honda service questions? Getting ripped off??

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011
Livin' life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jgallag is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda service questions? Getting ripped off??

Lower control arm bushing-front: $410-3 hours
Lower ball joint boots – just $10 more

This is what Honda says I need. Does this make sense and is it a good price??

Thanks all!
Old 06-28-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Honda service questions? Getting ripped off??

thats not too bad since:
1. it does take a lot of work
2. it is a honda dealership.

i say for a honda dealership, thats a fair price if they include all the parts already. if that $410 is jsut labor then its a ripp off.
Old 06-28-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

It is a lot of work, so I'd say that's fair.. obviously you pay a small premium for going directly to a dealer.

Don't have them replace just a ball joint boots though, have them do the complete ball joints.
Old 06-28-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

ehh you can get brand new lower control arms with poly bushings for 89 dollars each at dezod and ball joints from moog or evan napa for cheap. its actually not that hard to do with the proper tools. dealers always make you pay out the azz. if you don't think you can do it yourself find a shop that will let you bring in your own parts.
http://www.dezod.com/cat_control_arms.cfm
http://www.dezod.com/cat-ball-joints.cfm
Old 06-28-2011
Registered!!

civic0427 is an unknown quantity at this point

When I worked at Honda those bushings were a pain in the a$$ to press in so that sounds about right. What I would suggest is to look online. I just bought some online with the bushings in the and the ball joint. That is the easiest way to go if your trying to save money. All I did was bolt it up and done.
Old 06-30-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i paid $250 at sears to replace all 4 lca bushings with ES upgrades i brought in for $40. best $$ ive spent and they will outlast the car. they did a good job on the install too. just be aware if you go with stock rubber, they will likely fail after around 50k miles. same with the front motor mount.
Old 08-05-2011
Livin' life

jgallag is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone for your thoughts! Based on your ideas, I went ahead and got the work done!!