7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Do you get jealous when you see others with 8th and 9th gen civics?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011
I am Epic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted
Do you get jealous when you see others with 8th and 9th gen civics?

Was at the mall today and parked beside an 8th gen white civic, completely stock, not even a car deck installed. It looks brand new off the lot. As I was getting out i looked a couple times, and the girl is walking to her car and asks what im staring at. I said the car, not you. She goes "you jealous?" I go "of what?" She goes "well cause your car is ancient compared to mine" ..."you should get a newer car" I know my car is old but whats wrong with having an old car?
Old 06-22-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Do you get jealous when you see others with 8th and 9th gen civics?

Nothing's wrong with an old car. Try driving an '58 Beetle with no seatbelts, power anything, radio or A/C. That's old. The only thing I have envy of with newer Civics is the 5 lug pattern (more wheel choices). That's it. And that can be remedied with a swap. 8th and 9th Gens are heavier, the R18 (correct me if I am wrong here), has a cast in exhaust manifold, they weigh more, have a love it or hate it dash, harder interior plastics, uglier (9th gen), etc... I have the best car in the world, because it's mine. Gotta have a glass is half full attitude. Be greatful for what you got, because someone will always have something better, newer, faster than you. No matter what you have, unless you're Bill Gates.
Old 06-22-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Originally Posted by maxtierney
Nothing's wrong with an old car. Try driving an '58 Beetle with no seatbelts, power anything, radio or A/C. That's old. The only thing I have envy of with newer Civics is the 5 lug pattern (more wheel choices). That's it. And that can be remedied with a swap. 8th and 9th Gens are heavier, the R18 (correct me if I am wrong here), has a cast in exhaust manifold, they weigh more, have a love it or hate it dash, harder interior plastics, uglier (9th gen), etc... I have the best car in the world, because it's mine. Gotta have a glass is half full attitude. Be greatful for what you got, because someone will always have something better, newer, faster than you. No matter what you have, unless you're Bill Gates.
Maybe its just me but I dont like the interior on 8th gen civics, the front dash area leans way too flat. It feels like im in a 4 door sedan. I hate how the new civics look with the flat face, it makes the car look deformed where all the weight of the car is on the back half. Whereas 7th gens are uniform and flow nicely from front to back and very consistent.

I do agree on the 5 bolt wheels though, 4x100s are really limited nowadays for wheels.
Old 06-22-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

I can't believe some people. Since when is a less then ten year old car "old." These are the type of people who think a 2008 is old. It's [lain disgusting and goes to show what materialism is doing to society

For me, anything old is before 1990. Almost anything you buy after that should still be working fine today with the right maintenance. (Minus american brands )
Old 06-22-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

you should have back handed that bitch. besides 8th and 9th gen civics look absolutely hideous.
Old 06-22-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Thats right you guys. Be jealous of my 8th gen.
Old 06-22-2011
I am Epic

To me the 7th gens look much better. Just the body frame lines flow a lot better. Dont like the rear of the 8th gens either, theyre angled too similar to the back window. I prefer a flat vertical trunk. It seems all the new coupes now have the curve rear trunk.

Old 06-22-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Do I get jealous? A little 'cause they have a new vehicle but, I'm $500-700 richer each month right now. Cheap insurance premiums are a perk of being 35 btw. lol

On a related note- WTF is up with the little "wing" windows on the 8th gens?
Old 06-22-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

@ Noob: Compared side to side it's almost like comparing apples to oranges, isn't it?
Old 06-22-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

@Lazlong - what wing ?
Old 06-22-2011
Registered!!

Name:  8thgencivic.png
Views: 1196
Size:  782.3 KB

Do you see it? Right in front of the front door windows where the mirror should go. The OEM catalog calls it corner glass. If you've ever rode in one it would be one of the first things you noticed. I've also started noticing it on other cars, like the Fit and Prius.
Old 06-22-2011
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough

Nope not jealous at all, imo the 8th and 9th gen civics are ugly and honda messed up pretty bad. The only good thing that came out of the newer gen is out of the si's and tha k series in them. Me I love older cars your talking from like 30's up.
Old 06-23-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

I see what you mean laz haha that looks different... I'm not jeleous at all because my 7th gen is better than 8th or 9th gens... I'm more jeleous when I see a stock or clean 6th gen
Old 06-23-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Why would anyone be jealous of an uglier fatter, and heavier car?
It's like being jealous of some guy dating a fat chick, stead of your model status girlfriend.

On the other hand, I do get jelly of the FD2
-Drool-
Old 06-23-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

I so would have asked her out on a date.

I would've been like, "look we have the same tastes in style, the only thing different is mine is paid off"
Old 06-23-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great quote, and you couldn't be more right.
Old 06-23-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

No. I like my car. Plus, owning it is good. Feels good not having the bank taking my moneys anymore. Love what you have and be grateful. That broad deserved some nice choice words for saying that.Nice to see everyone on the same page. Some of the comments made me laugh out loud for reals.
Old 06-23-2011
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

The 8th gen Civic sold 260,000+ last year... and I'm seeing more and more 9th gens daily. Yep, their toast.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2019216516
Old 06-23-2011
02 coupe DX

Ya that was legit as rude as it comes. Super gutless comment on her part. Not jealous, just appreciate a nice civic. Take it easy woman. I am not going to lie, I like visitng my mom and driving her 2010 civic though... Although the interior is something i could do without.

EDIT- CraigW i watched that video too, im impressed with the new civic, not overly wowed about its exterior look.

Last edited by Lopes101; 06-23-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-23-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

People seem to be too materialistic about stuff. The longer I can hold onto something, the better. She's probably one of those people who trades their car in like every 2 years just to keep up with appearances. I wouldn't let it get to you.
Old 06-23-2011
02 coupe DX

Absolutely, My neighbour does that, every 3 years he trades in his Dodge Ram and get the BIGGER ,BETTER one. Hes 5"4... take what you want from that.
Old 06-23-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Nothing's wrong with an old car. Try driving an '58 Beetle with no seatbelts, power anything, radio or A/C. That's old.
non, non, it's not old, it's classic or vintage

8th and 9th Gens are heavier, they weigh more, .
same can be said to the 7th compared to the 6th, and the loss of the dual wishbone front suspension...

potentially 7th gen and above can be beaten by earlier cars in twisties

I have the best car in the world, because it's mine.
+1000
Old 06-23-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Shift-E
For me, anything old is before 1990. Almost anything you buy after that should still be working fine today with the right maintenance. (Minus american brands )
hey! i am 1971!!! be nice!
Old 06-23-2011

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
hey! i am 1971!!! be nice!
nope, you're old. But to be honest, 1990 was being kind. I wouldn't buy a car from 1983, but I still don't consider it too old, maybe ageing .
Old 06-23-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon
I so would have asked her out on a date.

I would've been like, "look we have the same tastes in style, the only thing different is mine is paid off"
Do you really want to deal with someone like that. I know I wouldn't hate people like that.

But no this is the only time I have ever thought about being jealous. I have seen cars that I really love and I never been jealous or said I hope he or she wreaks it. I have even stopped on reds and told people that there cars are hot.

Sad thing is I see is a immature young girl in her late teens early twenties that don't know **** about life or its struggles and probably never will. But this type of things sometimes don't go away with age they just gets worse. Plus I done know what see is taking about its a civic its the most common car on the road.
Old 06-23-2011
Registered!!

carowcliffe is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with maxtierney, I like my car because what i've done too it and the time ive spent on it, I defiantly like other cars and like seeing them, but i'll take a 911 or Lotus to get me jealous! Plus my best friend got a brand new RX-8 when he turned 16 not that that's anything too special, but it was a lot more than my civic! haha

I will tell you it does bother me when people with nice cars treat them like ****!
Old 06-23-2011

Originally Posted by carowcliffe
I will tell you it does bother me when people with nice cars treat them like ****!
Or when people have nice cars and don't know **** about them
Old 06-23-2011
02 coupe DX

Originally Posted by Shift-E
Or when people have nice cars and don't know **** about them

I also just hate when people have decent cars an treat them like crap. AKA why would you not do regular maintenance and WANT to keep your ride in good condition? I take pride in my car and I love it everyday for what it is. My car is my baby. I love her, she loves me. woooooooooo love FTW
Old 06-23-2011

Originally Posted by Lopes101
I also just hate when people have decent cars an treat them like crap. AKA why would you not do regular maintenance and WANT to keep your ride in good condition? I take pride in my car and I love it everyday for what it is. My car is my baby. I love her, she loves me. woooooooooo love FTW
Ya, that's also along the lines of what I was thinking. Like they have a car and know nothing about to properly treat it i.e. maintenance, what to do/nor do when driving it or even cleaning it. They think because it's past 2008 it's not something they should worry about..

Woo for car love!
Old 06-23-2011
Registered!!

SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

^^^Those are the same people that go around saying how bad the auto maker is and how they are never going to buy that make or model again

I had a neighbor who had a bimmer and in about half a year if was looking like a turd. the leather was a tan color but i was dirty as hell. Never washed it and the thing that pissed me off the most was a side marker that somehow got lose and was hanging by the bulb wire and he never put it back. How lazy you have to be to not clip it back and not have it hanging no the side looking like crap and probably scratching your paint.

Quick Reply: Do you get jealous when you see others with 8th and 9th gen civics?