7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Do you get jealous when you see others with 8th and 9th gen civics?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011
=)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough
Re: Do you get jealous when you see others with 8th and 9th gen civics?

Originally Posted by lazlong

Do you see it? Right in front of the front door windows where the mirror should go. The OEM catalog calls it corner glass. If you've ever rode in one it would be one of the first things you noticed. I've also started noticing it on other cars, like the Fit and Prius.
Oh that thing .. apparently ... according to the dude that sold the car, he says it's there for you to see stuff.. I guess maybe because the stupid pillar gets in the way, lol ? .... imo, it's useless, I completely forget I have a mini window when Im driving, lol
Old 06-23-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

It's just another thing auto repairs have to charge you a little extra for.
It serves no functionality purposes
Old 06-23-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SpeedDownZone
^^^

How lazy you have to be to not clip it back and not have it hanging no the side looking like crap and probably scratching your paint.
now, THATS annoying. you should have snuck over like a ninja and clipped it back in at night.
Old 06-23-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

I would have reamed her out and started getting all techincal and made her feel stupid xD. 8th and 9th gens aren't better than our cars, well not IMO.

Like everyone said, heavier and yada yada.

The dash is cool, wouldn't MIND having it, but i still prefer the guages over a digital screen displaying my speed in numbers. I think the sedans are ugly as hell, but the coupes look pretty nice, i didn't like the look at first but it grew on me :P

Plus our cars are 10 times comfier ; )
Old 06-23-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd prefer a S2000 AP2 cluster over the new digital ones in the civics any day
Old 06-23-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Why would anyone be jealous of an uglier fatter, and heavier car?
It's like being jealous of some guy dating a fat chick, stead of your model status girlfriend.

On the other hand, I do get jelly of the FD2
-Drool-
Fatter heavier car = more HP and handling from what Honda told me.
Old 06-23-2011
I am Epic

Civicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trustedCivicnoobie should not be trusted

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Why would anyone be jealous of an uglier fatter, and heavier car?
It's like being jealous of some guy dating a fat chick, stead of your model status girlfriend.

On the other hand, I do get jelly of the FD2
-Drool-

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
but i still prefer the guages over a digital screen displaying my speed in numbers.)
The digital speedometer is awkward. Doesnt seem right for in a car.
Old 06-23-2011
I am Epic

Originally Posted by Lopes101
I also just hate when people have decent cars an treat them like crap. AKA why would you not do regular maintenance and WANT to keep your ride in good condition? I take pride in my car and I love it everyday for what it is. My car is my baby. I love her, she loves me. woooooooooo love FTW
I had this talk with some friends lately who buy and trade in their cars from their dealer every 2 years. I asked why they dont ever wax their cars or fix up rock chips or always run their fuel tank on red each time (which is bad for the car btw) to run to red each time. They dont maintain the cars because from what they told me

1) They have better and more important things to worry about and spend money on in life.

2) They trade in their car and get a brand new one every 2 years so why bother

3) See it as a waste of money and pointless

4) As long as their car runs then no need for anything else.

5) They dont know whats needed and whats not, they just take it to the dealer for service when needed.
Old 06-23-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Shift-E
Or when people have nice cars and don't know **** about them
Old guys with American sports cars usually get a pass because they wanna relive their past when they were young and broke and can actually show off what they've achieved. I remember I had a 10 minute convo with this woman in her 40s about her Miata. She knew a lot and was really passionate about her car. That was one of the greatest conversations I've ever had with someone. Some people don't know what they have. There's a woman here with a pristine red EM1 but she just drives it as a DD. I feel sorry for her. I'm ricer bait. Having that car in red must be a thousand times worse.
Old 06-23-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
I would have reamed her out...
You're probably not the only one.
Old 06-23-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie
and you believed that makes a better car?
more HP that are wasted on pushing way more weight than the power gains = less power in the end.
handling seems to be more neutral compared to 7th gen.
I still love my cars, not others'
Old 06-24-2011
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

sdaidoji, i had no clue what you ment by the fun you can have in the 7th in a tight courner race untill last night. usually i drive in the country and it's mostly straights with the minor long winding s curve.

last night i was out with a skyline, 6th gen civic hatch, 2000 prelude, nissan 240, 08 accord 4 dr. we went to this coast i've never been to befor with so many tight curves hills and dips it was seriously almost as good as sex (well some sex, somes better then others and it's been a long while since, lol). i was surprised how agressive the 7th coupe could be. the skyline lead the pack and could have gon faster but my car handled much better then the prelude, and 240. the 06 hatch was a beast in the courners and i was surprised at how well the accord handled.

i think my tires played a hug roll in how fast i was pushing, never slide while a few of the other cars at slower speed fish tailed around a few bends.

all in all i love my baby even more and might listen to what you say about brakes and susspention next mod instead of building power.
Old 06-24-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

A 7th gen hooked up with the right stuff I'm sure handles really well. I like taking 25mph ramps at like 40. The car seems to take 'em pretty nicely. It's funny because you get that one jerk that rides your bumper then you approach the ramp, downshift, and proceed to take the turn and they're like a spec now.
Old 06-24-2011
Registered!!

mysunsuion is an unknown quantity at this point

But i still feel jealous of 8th and 9th gen civics....

Old 06-24-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Originally Posted by mac25
sdaidoji, i had no clue what you ment by the fun you can have in the 7th in a tight courner race untill last night. usually i drive in the country and it's mostly straights with the minor long winding s curve.

last night i was out with a skyline, 6th gen civic hatch, 2000 prelude, nissan 240, 08 accord 4 dr. we went to this coast i've never been to befor with so many tight curves hills and dips it was seriously almost as good as sex (well some sex, somes better then others and it's been a long while since, lol). i was surprised how agressive the 7th coupe could be. the skyline lead the pack and could have gon faster but my car handled much better then the prelude, and 240. the 06 hatch was a beast in the courners and i was surprised at how well the accord handled.

i think my tires played a hug roll in how fast i was pushing, never slide while a few of the other cars at slower speed fish tailed around a few bends.

all in all i love my baby even more and might listen to what you say about brakes and susspention next mod instead of building power.
a good suspension upgrade to the 7th gen, and they STICK to the pavement as though your tires are made from peanut butter or something.
Only problem I have with it, is that it's missing a LSD.
passenger side always spins out a tad more if you have no passenger
Old 06-24-2011
Registered!!

GreenMachineDX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Civicnoobie
Was at the mall today and parked beside an 8th gen white civic, completely stock, not even a car deck installed. It looks brand new off the lot. As I was getting out i looked a couple times, and the girl is walking to her car and asks what im staring at. I said the car, not you. She goes "you jealous?" I go "of what?" She goes "well cause your car is ancient compared to mine" ..."you should get a newer car" I know my car is old but whats wrong with having an old car?
U should've told her, How much more payments does she have... LOL or If its a college chick, U should've been like, At least i paid for my car, Not my mama or daddy...

U can come back with something to make them feel like ****... I dunno why didnt u
Old 06-24-2011
Trance Addict

Yeah. It's usually after the fact that you come up with those things.
Old 06-24-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

Fatter heavier car...Like your really gonna get around with 127hp...

Nobody has mentioned gas mileage.

Nobody else would have dated her? lol