7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Passenger Side window gets out of the rail

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
j3an_leo is an unknown quantity at this point
Passenger Side window gets out of the rail

I have a Civic 01 LX, th problem is that my passenger side window gets out of the rail when is half way up. I have to hold it with my hand so it doesn't get out. I searched and I haven't found any post in removing the hole power window unit and window. Can some one post pics or a DIY site to se how to remove the window rail.
Old 06-19-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Passenger Side window gets out of the rail

i have a similar issue altho the window hasnt actually popped out, just sounds like it will. you can remove the door panel and feel around for a loose rail. those things are very poorly designed and come loose all the time. i tried jb weld to hold it in place but it seems like the stress from the window is too much and it just came loose again.
Old 06-19-2011
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ and also clean the upper and lower rubber track insert and make sure it is in place correctly in the metal channel.
Old 06-19-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nsxvtec will become famous soon enough

You have to remove the door panel and pull back the plastic weather liner that sits behind the door panel on the door. A hair dryer or hot air gun used with care will allow the removal and replacement of the liner easily.
There is a 10mm. bolt on the rail that allows the window to be properly adjusted, preventing the glass from coming out of the track.