7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

This girl needs help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: This girl needs help!!

lol u guys are a bunch of leg humpers.
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

nah i always assume its a guy pretending to be a chick to get quick responses for there problems.but she could prove me wrong with some pics.
Old 06-17-2011

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lowlife9
nah i always assume its a guy pretending to be a chick to get quick responses for there problems.but she could prove me wrong with some pics.
i always assume its carnoobie pretending to be a chick to get quick responses for his problems.
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

lol your probably rite. carnoobie is that you man ???
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the roughSpeedDownZone is a jewel in the rough

Wow two pages in seven hours. Anyway you say your bf is in school for the same knowledge you seek. You kind of get where iam going with this right?
Old 06-17-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

I think we're all grown here. This isn't 4chan.
i always assume its carnoobie pretending to be a chick to get quick responses for his problems.
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by SpeedDownZone
Wow two pages in seven hours. Anyway you say your bf is in school for the same knowledge you seek. You kind of get where iam going with this right?
i think she wants to impress her man with the mad jdm knowledge.
Old 06-17-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

search around the site, there are millions of posts back to 2001. or make a new post if you have a specific question
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

liz92 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah it just reminds you to do regular maintenance like oil air filter basic crap. now the check engine light is a different story. 90,000 miles is due for a new timing belt and water pump did you have that done yet ??
this is how to reset the light https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...red-light.html
Yea, what i'm saying is the chilton book has a chart of what needs to be done at what millage and it only goes to 90,000 miles, my car is up by 129,000 miles so i'm not sure what would need to be done, alot has been changed and updated but i'd hafta go through all the records to see exactly what, but the oil and oil filter have been done recently.
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

And fyi guys, I am a girl, and the reason I dont want to ask my bf questions is because i'd like to suprise him by knowing things. Apparently guys think that girls can't know anything about cars, and I am here to prove any guy who thinks that wrong by learning how to take care of my own **** :P
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

YAY! I got my maintence required light off! Thanks a ton! thats so exciting for me
Old 06-17-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

there is really no mystery. if you are interested in cars, eventually you will learn enough and know more than your bf. most of us here started out knowing about as much as you, if not less...
Old 06-17-2011

Originally Posted by liz92
And fyi guys, I am a girl, and the reason I dont want to ask my bf questions is because i'd like to suprise him by knowing things. Apparently guys think that girls can't know anything about cars, and I am here to prove any guy who thinks that wrong by learning how to take care of my own **** :P
i know you are. we were just teasing you.

we'd know if u were carnoobie (another member on here) by the patterns of stupidity in the question....and it wasnt present in yours. lol
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

lol i bet all of us started off as the tool grabber.and i never assume girls can't learn about cars its just that most of them can care less.
Old 06-17-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

im a girl. i love cars. (guess "civicchick" kinda gives that away). lol
Old 06-17-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
Old 06-18-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
Not iSharix, lol!
I guess the best way to learn more is to actually have the issue and try to solve.
civicchicck, you have the drive to learn, being the reason many replied, so keep going and, when you have an actual issue, like the maintenance light, post here or search for the solution and you will learn in a natural manner. For some parts diagrams, look at my sig.

cheers!
Old 06-18-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
Not iSharix, lol!
I guess the best way to learn more is to actually have the issue and try to solve.
civicchicck, you have the drive to learn, being the reason many replied, so keep going and, when you have an actual issue, like the maintenance light, post here or search for the solution and you will learn in a natural manner. For some parts diagrams, look at my sig.

cheers!

thanks as long as i can figure it out most of the way and get a few pointers with whatever im doin, i can usually do it pretty good. but things probably wouldnt have happend (for the better of my car) without you guys.. so i appreciate the help. and thanks to everyone again
Old 06-18-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

lol i bet all of us started off as the tool grabber.
Old 06-18-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear god Mel.. bringing in the faces.. hahahaha

But seriously, the best way I found learning to work on cars is diving into doing stuff on my car, using this forum and its members as reference, as well as searching old threads and DIY guides. I started off with my car knowing hardly more than doing an oil change. After almost 10 years of tinkering with my Civic, I was able to change out my headgasket. Even though that ended semi-catastrophically, every bad experience is a great learning experience, and I had the ability to fix my mess up, even though I opted to take it to a shop under false pretenses.

I don't really trust shops working on my car at this point. I feel I know my car more than they do, especially the last shop that touched my car. I had to go and fix their work.
Old 06-18-2011
Trance Addict

Originally Posted by xriceboyx
every bad experience is a great learning experience
qft.
Old 06-18-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Oh dear god Mel.. bringing in the faces.. hahahaha

But seriously, the best way I found learning to work on cars is diving into doing stuff on my car, using this forum and its members as reference, as well as searching old threads and DIY guides. I started off with my car knowing hardly more than doing an oil change. After almost 10 years of tinkering with my Civic, I was able to change out my headgasket. Even though that ended semi-catastrophically, every bad experience is a great learning experience, and I had the ability to fix my mess up, even though I opted to take it to a shop under false pretenses.

I don't really trust shops working on my car at this point. I feel I know my car more than they do, especially the last shop that touched my car. I had to go and fix their work.
Um, I dont want to sound totally dumb but what is DIY guides?? And thanks a ton guys, my bf was pretty impressed i got my maintence required light out :P And as for shops, I dont trust them at all either, not after what they tried telling me about my car, i might be a girl and not know much, but im not totally stupid.
Old 06-18-2011
Premium Member

diy = do it yourself. and dont worry, most shops do not treat girls any differently. they want to rip you off if you are a guy too.
Old 06-18-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

worst part about the shop I brought my car to was that it was my dad's friend, so you think he'd hook me up with quality work. But no, like I mentioned, I had to go re-do a lot of his work and clean oil and coolant from places that make me scratch my head as to how they got there.
Old 06-18-2011
Registered!!

whitecivic2003 will become famous soon enough

I have also found that the public library has a lot of in depth car manuals in their reference section for all makes and models.
Old 06-19-2011
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

To learn on how to identify parts right under the hood here is a good and simple way.

Open google images

Type part (alternator, starter, powersteering pump, valvecover, radiator) Whatever you want and can think of.

This will give you an idea of what the part looks like. Not all parts look the same but most are pretty similar. So basically if you know what a Honda alternator or starter looks like you will know what a Ford starter looks like.
Old 06-20-2011
Registered!!

Wow, I think this world would be way better off if you guys were the mechanics lol. And yea google images help me alot to see what things look like, I am going to check out the library bc there are things that i dont know the name of, so google images wouldnt help me there :P
Old 06-20-2011
Registered!!

GreenMachineDX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
diy = do it yourself. and dont worry, most shops do not treat girls any differently. they want to rip you off if you are a guy too.
I really dont know if thats true... I know some stories... U never know that..
Old 06-20-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MelJ
Lol. I got mine from Advance. Get it right . I have access to Alldata and Shopkey at school so anything I can't get from there, I print and bring home. The manual has served its purpose for what I need though, so I can't really complain too much. I'll keep that link in mind though.
To me Alldata reads exactly like the manual. If you can, check out Mitchells. It's even more expensive but, is excellent for troubleshooting, especially electrical.

---------
On a side note: Most of the techs I see these days have a laptop just to have alldata and such at the vehicle.

----------
A special side note just for MelJ and you others in school:

I have been right where you are. If you can't demonstrate recent or even verifiable experience you can forget making over $8/hr starting out in the automotive repair and service industry right now. The only guys with me that got decent jobs straight out of school had experience or a part-time job during school. As it is, the only people that pay decent right out of school are dealerships and they won't hire people straight out of school right now when there is such a plethora of people they can hire from other dealerships.

Try to pick a specialty now, and start looking for where you wanna go after school now.

-Some of the dealerships (like BMW) have a work/school program where you go to their school for an additional 6 weeks-6 months and are guaranteed a job for 2-5 years.

-Get in good with your favorite instructor and have them recommend you or find the instructor that is best connected (there's always one). They won't recommend any of the felons in the back row but, they will recommend you if you show you're serious.

-Audio/video/electronics can pay a little more starting out but, there is usually no room for much advancement. If you can install your own stereo and make the wiring look factory (all it takes is wire loom and tape, I kid you not) then you can do any stereo install.

-Midas and Goodyear are decent places to start then specialize, if you don't mind getting paid crap for a couple of months. Some of the guys went to Midas and specialize, 1 does suspension and steering and 2 are into EP (engine performance for the uninformed). They all make $15/hr+ now (6 months out of school).

Are you wondering what I do now? Too bad! That's a thread of it's own- which is coming soon. I'll give ya a hint- I've always wrenched what I could on my own cars (mainly Honda- btw) so, I knew some about Hondas before I came to this site but, I got my job as a direct result of knowledge I gained here,a good instructor reference, and a little bit of luck.