7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Makeover Sneak Peek

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Makeover Sneak Peek

Finally got my car out of the shop yesterday afternoon. Countless issues and delays. Wanted to share a pic of the new look before I figure out where/when I can actually do a photoshoot. Still a little weird to me. Getting used to the paint scheme. Wow, HIDs are different. Still need to align. Thankfully, all of the electrics work, including the fogs.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Makeover.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	81042  
Old 06-16-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough
Re: Makeover Sneak Peek

Originally Posted by maxtierney
Finally got my car out of the shop yesterday afternoon. Countless issues and delays. Wanted to share a pic of the new look before I figure out where/when I can actually do a photoshoot. Still a little weird to me. Getting used to the paint scheme. Wow, HIDs are different. Still need to align. Thankfully, all of the electrics work, including the fogs.
The retro looks SICK! can't wait to see the rest of the car
Old 06-16-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

did you do any mods yourself or you had shop do it ???
Old 06-16-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

I spy with my eye...

Quad piston calipers. What kind are they? Wilwood?

And how/where did u get those fogs for the tsunami front?! Kyats the tsunami front as well and was going to do like a custom for retro

And nice retro
Old 06-16-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

K20?
Old 06-16-2011
EM2ti

maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Shift-E
The retro looks SICK! can't wait to see the rest of the car

Thanks. That cutoff is crazy. I'm so used to regular halogens. Coming soon...
Old 06-16-2011

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
I spy with my eye...

And how/where did u get those fogs for the tsunami front?! Kyats the tsunami front as well and was going to do like a custom for retro

And nice retro
Those eyes of yours! LOL :P Nothing gets past them.

Originally Posted by tbohar
K20?
I think he mentioned having a K20 in another thread?
Old 06-16-2011

Thanks. That cutoff is crazy. I'm so used to regular halogens. Coming soon...
I know what thats like! when i retro'd mine, I couldn't get past the cut off XD
Old 06-16-2011
EM2ti

Originally Posted by lowlife9
did you do any mods yourself or you had shop do it ???
I did all the wiring for the OEM Fogs and HIDs. Glad I did be cause I was able to bundle the wires together hide the harnesses away, for a clean look. Painting isn't my thing. I just stick to what I know, engines, suspension and brakes (and a little electrical now - haha).
Old 06-16-2011
EM2ti

I spy with my eye...

And nice retro
Six-Pistion Calipers, actually. Yes, Wilwoods.

I used OEM 01-03 Foglights. Inverted the housings, for an almost perfect fit. I visualized it in my head - thankfully it worked out. Little trimming and tweaking. It almost looks like they came from Tsunami that way.
Old 06-16-2011
EM2ti

Originally Posted by tbohar
K20?
Not yet. My K20 is still in the build phase. Cams, pistons, port/polish, flywheel, clutch, Quaife LSD, etc. Trying to get 250HP (all motor - N/A) to the wheels. Want it all done before I drop it in. Saves me from trying to do it with the motor in the car. It'll be a while. My D17 is getting closer to the magic 150 hp. I'm happy for now.
Old 06-16-2011
Registered!!

JackedByJack is an unknown quantity at this point

looks sexy
Old 06-16-2011
02 coupe DX

Lopes101 is an unknown quantity at this point

That looks fantastic. really like the look of that beauty
Old 06-16-2011

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

nice. but where's the rest of the tsunami kit? lol

and you MUSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT show us pictures of ur brake setup.... i dont think ive ever seen a 6 piston brake caliper on a civic!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks great
Old 06-16-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

6 piston calipers eh..

I'm curious about the rest of your brake set-up now; what master cylinder, proportioning valve, what brakes do you have in the rear?
Old 06-16-2011
EM2ti

Thanks ya'll! I thought I had posted pics of my brakes before. Maybe they're in my album (in my profile). I have a Wilwood Rear Floating Caliper in the rear with parking brake. Custom made e-brake cables. 12.19" rotors all around. Custom Earl's Braided Lines. Stock master cylinder for now. Brake pressure is a little softer than it should be, but I won't swap until I change pads/bleed brakes. It's a MF to bleed these calipers. There is NO WAY to bleed them manually. You need to suck the fluid with a pump in order to fill it to the top of the calipers. Going with a RSX-S Master, when I bleed them. I bought a EP3 4-Way Joint, but the stock EM2 proportioning valve is perfect for my set up. More rear bias to compensate for the massive clamping force of the fronts. I'll make sure to post some new pics of m brakes too.
Old 06-16-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I'll be interested to hear how the type-s MC works out for you with such large brakes, so few people are running very large brake set-ups in either the dc5 or 7G communities it's been difficult to find much info on when it's necessary to step up to a DC5-R MC.
Old 06-16-2011

Thanks ya'll! I thought I had posted pics of my brakes before. Maybe they're in my album (in my profile). I have a Wilwood Rear Floating Caliper in the rear with parking brake. Custom made e-brake cables. 12.19" rotors all around. Custom Earl's Braided Lines. Stock master cylinder for now. Brake pressure is a little softer than it should be, but I won't swap until I change pads/bleed brakes. It's a MF to bleed these calipers. There is NO WAY to bleed them manually. You need to suck the fluid with a pump in order to fill it to the top of the calipers. Going with a RSX-S Master, when I bleed them. I bought a EP3 4-Way Joint, but the stock EM2 proportioning valve is perfect for my set up. More rear bias to compensate for the massive clamping force of the fronts. I'll make sure to post some new pics of m brakes too.

oooooooooo pretty

Old 06-16-2011

have u tried speed bleeders? they work wonders. i have them on my bike (i have 6 piston mono blocks as well, just not as big as yours. lol)
Old 06-16-2011
EM2ti

have u tried speed bleeders? they work wonders. i have them on my bike (i have 6 piston mono blocks as well, just not as big as yours. lol)
I wanted to go with the speed bleeders but I didn't know which set to go with. Companies make them for make/model not brand names (Brembo, Wilwood, Project u, etc.). It was a guessing game. Compound that problem with the fact that Wilwood is an American Company that uses standard sized fittings vs. metric. Let the headaches begin... Haha.
Old 06-16-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

wooow! my cheap headlight and stock looking 02 does not even get on the toes of yours!
Old 06-16-2011
EM2ti

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
wooow! my cheap headlight and stock looking 02 does not even get on the toes of yours!
Nah. You've got a clean Civic. One mod at a time, this didn't happen overnight for me, either.
Old 06-17-2011

I wanted to go with the speed bleeders but I didn't know which set to go with. Companies make them for make/model not brand names (Brembo, Wilwood, Project u, etc.). It was a guessing game. Compound that problem with the fact that Wilwood is an American Company that uses standard sized fittings vs. metric. Let the headaches begin... Haha.
just take a valve stem to a local autozone and have them match it.

i have russle speed bleeders...but most are the same. not too much quality difference.

they're pretty standard.
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i have to say you put alot of love into that little civic are you planning on tracking it ???
Old 06-17-2011
EM2ti

Originally Posted by lowlife9
i have to say you put alot of love into that little civic are you planning on tracking it ???
Soon. Still waiting on my SW388s to get in from Japan. Can't realistically track on 19s. There's a bunch of people at my job that track and/or autocross on the weekends. Both auto and motorcycles. I might end up doing most of my track time on a bike. More thrill, less expensive (theoretically, anyways). My landlord is an avid cafe bike racer too.
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

CGaud is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm loving your ride! Retros def complete the look and the way the fogs look in that bumper is unreal. I always liked the Tsunami full front and the way you made it come together gives it more of a OEM feel because of the custom fog light mounting that has been done. *SEXY* eagerly awaiting more pics!
Old 06-17-2011
EM2ti

Originally Posted by CGaud
I'm loving your ride! Retros def complete the look and the way the fogs look in that bumper is unreal. I always liked the Tsunami full front and the way you made it come together gives it more of a OEM feel because of the custom fog light mounting that has been done. *SEXY* eagerly awaiting more pics!
Thanks! It's still growing on me, I'm happy the way it turned out. It's funny, I'm not a big fan of body kits, but the Tsunami front end is fairly clean and integrates well with the body lines. That's why I picked one up when I replaced my front end after an accident. I wanted to go the usual OEM bumper and lip, but I wasn't a fan of the license plate block on the front bumper and EVERYONE ELSE has a lip spoiler. I always try to be different from the crowd (it's really hard with a Civic). The fog integration was always an idea I kicked around, but I didn't know if it would work or not. I'm not a fan of aftermarket fogs, so the OEMs were the only choice. The more I looked at other Civics and the opening on the ends, I thought it would work.

Last edited by maxtierney; 06-17-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-17-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

sw388s? how much
Old 06-17-2011
Registered!!

CGaud is an unknown quantity at this point

I fully agree with u about the clean lines on the front bumper. I personally would never get a full body kit but I saw this front on another car (four door) and it stuck in my mind.

Quick Reply: Makeover Sneak Peek