7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Swapped the grille but now I have a new problem lol

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough
Swapped the grille but now I have a new problem lol

So I purchased a 2005 EM2 grille off of Kijiji a couple days ago. Today, a swapped it onto my ES1.

Here's two pics cause I know you guys love pics.

As you can see, in the 2nd picture, I'm missing a trim part between the grille and the bumper. It definitely doesn't come from the ES1 grille, so I dropped in at Honda to see if they had one in stock. Nope, and they want 67$ for a new one. They called a scrap yard who only had a beige one, and wanted 40$ for it. So now the hunt begins!

I'm willing to pay 15$ for it, if you have one. I'm also willing to travel FAR (1000km, I LOVE road trips). Pick up is preferred, because shipping is crazy expensive, unless you want to pay the shipping

Also... for sale... 2005 sedan grille. 40$ pick up only

I'm happy with the EM2 one, even with the missing trim piece. I'm gonna clean the gunk off it of tomorrow or whenever I have a chance. Might even look good like this.

This was my first big project on the Civic. I had never taken a bumper off before and I'm proud of myself. Makes me wanna do the fog lights before i can afford them haha
Old 06-07-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Swapped the grille but now I have a new problem lol

That looks really good

Next step: order fog lights, make build thread!
Old 06-07-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Thank you! I'd love to make a build thread but I don't work on the car often enough to keep it active. Perhaps once I do a few more mods to the car (fog lights and something else... maybe interior leds that are coming in the mail). One day the car is gonna be worthy I have tons and tons of plans
Old 06-07-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Build threads don't need tons of updates, i keep telling people that. Even if your car is mostly stock we still like seeing what your working on.
Old 06-07-2011
Sedans > Coupes

aHHHHHHHH I wanna start one
Old 06-07-2011
lady outlaw

montecarlogrrl is an unknown quantity at this point

you can search junkyard inventories here:
http://car-part.com/

or you can get a new one with correct factory color here for half the price that your dealer quoted:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ILLE+%28+04%29
obviously still gotta pay shipping but if you can't find it anywhere else..
Old 06-07-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Originally Posted by montecarlogrrl
you can search junkyard inventories here:
http://car-part.com/

or you can get a new one with correct factory color here for half the price that your dealer quoted:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ILLE+%28+04%29
obviously still gotta pay shipping but if you can't find it anywhere else..
Thanks but I believe Majestic Honda only ships within the US. However, I just noticed that they're in Rhode Island. That's not too far from me... (450km..ish), do they sell on site?
Old 06-07-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Fool!

South bay honda ships to canada!

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/southbay/jsp/home.jsp

Only problem is i dunno if shipping is expensive or not, so whether you want to pay or not it's up to u
Old 06-08-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
Fool!

South bay honda ships to canada!

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/southbay/jsp/home.jsp

Only problem is i dunno if shipping is expensive or not, so whether you want to pay or not it's up to u
:O:O:O beautiful. bookmarked. right now it's growing on me not having the piece, so ill see. but i found it on south bay honda and it's $35ish plus shipping.

thank you!!

edit: would come to 47$ with shipping and handling

Originally Posted by caaraa
That looks really good!
Old 06-08-2011
Registered!!

jringo8769 should not be trusted

hey...i have a red one..i recently replaced mine with a brand new one...just had a few paint chips that is all...would sell for 25.00 complete...can send pics if interested..let me know John...i live in Western NY
Old 06-08-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Originally Posted by jringo8769
hey...i have a red one..i recently replaced mine with a brand new one...just had a few paint chips that is all...would sell for 25.00 complete...can send pics if interested..let me know John...i live in Western NY
Ahh thank you for the offer, but I want a black one and since I have no painting skills, I wouldn't be able to take your red one and paint it.
Old 06-08-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Brian1037
Ahh thank you for the offer, but I want a black one and since I have no painting skills, I wouldn't be able to take your red one and paint it.
Black is probably the easiest colour to paint though :P
Old 06-08-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Originally Posted by Shift-E
Black is probably the easiest colour to paint though :P
Is it as simple as finding a ventilated area and taking a spray can to it? If so i would consider it, and contact the dude for pictures. A trip to NY would be... FUN.
Old 06-08-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Brian1037
Is it as simple as finding a ventilated area and taking a spray can to it? If so i would consider it, and contact the dude for pictures. A trip to NY would be... FUN.
Yea, just sand it lightly first with 400-600 grit paper. Then spray it with a colour match and clear coat. It's a easy procedure. You could probably find a good youtube video that can give you some help.
Old 06-08-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Originally Posted by Shift-E
Yea, just sand it lightly first with 400-600 grit paper. Then spray it with a colour match and clear coat. It's a easy procedure. You could probably find a good youtube video that can give you some help.

I bet my cousins would enjoy a little project... again...

Originally Posted by jringo8769
PM Sent!
Old 06-08-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Yeah i'm painting my own eyebrows. Got some sand paper, dupli-colour colour match spray paint and dupli-colour clear coat. Do a couple coats of paint and then clear coat till it matches the colour of your car. It's pretty easy, and the can's like $12 +$7 for clear coat. You won't use it all so it'll come in handy if you ever want to paint something else for your car :P
Old 06-09-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
Yeah i'm painting my own eyebrows. Got some sand paper, dupli-colour colour match spray paint and dupli-colour clear coat. Do a couple coats of paint and then clear coat till it matches the colour of your car. It's pretty easy, and the can's like $12 +$7 for clear coat. You won't use it all so it'll come in handy if you ever want to paint something else for your car :P

Quit making me look forward to this!!