7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Afterkarket Gauges? Changing Gauge colors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chrisbrown21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Afterkarket Gauges? Changing Gauge colors?

Okay, sooI have checked everywhere and everything for Aftermarket guages for my 2005 honda civic ex andI deffinetly cannot find anything anywhere. I tried google and ebay and such but none of them had anything to offer me, except a waste of time!

SO my question remains: Is there any way I can change the lights behind he gagues? I mean I wont do it, I will tell a shop lol, but I heard something about if I want to change them blue (like I would like too) Then I would have to actually scrub off the red color or whatever on the little pins in there that ticker up and down; is that true?

Can someone give me a low down or idea on what I would actually need to do to accomplish this little problem I would greatly enjoy to change. Thanks Fellas!

*I wan't to change my gauges colors because im switching all of my interior lights too either a blue or white, from the reddish color which I cant stand*
Old 05-28-2011
Registered!!

chrisbrown21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Afterkarket Gauges? Changing Gauge colors?

So no one knows huh? I suppose they do not make such a thing then >.<
Old 05-28-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

There has been a massive amount of experimenting with gauges and climate controls on this site, it's almost excessive haha.

What part do you want to change of exactly on the gauges?
Old 05-28-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

for the 01-02's, it's easier to mess with the gauge lighting.. There are overlays and whatnot, as well as twist bulb sockets that light the gauge cluster.

for the 03-05 gauges, however, it's all illuminated by SMT LEDs that are soldered on to the circuit board.

There is one simple option, though.. If you want blue instead of red, go on ebay and find a 03-05 ex sedan cluster
Old 05-28-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

man i wish i could do this.. blue lights on the guages would look so good. too affraid of screwing somethin up though, and dunno if i trust a shop to do it. my luck they will screw somethin up themselves, then ill be out more $ tryin to fix whatever they did. sux
Old 05-28-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

The only way you'll ever learn and gain confidence in doing these types of mods is by trying, it's nerve racking the first time, but very little can go wrong when your working with leds and some solder. Just go slow and if you get stuck on something we're here to help