7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Need help with painting interior trim pieces

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011
CivicChick2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all
Need help with painting interior trim pieces

Ok.. I have changed my mind. instead of painting pieces and ripping them out of my car.. im taking some good advice and just going to get a trim kit. Might cost more $, but messing up something in my car isnt worth it. So, thanks to Shift-E for suggesting that. I'll continue to research different products and companies.. So now the question is.. if you have a trim kit, what company did you use? was it do it yourself? or did you have it done? thanks for any help

Last edited by civicchick2001; 05-17-2011 at 03:25 PM. Reason: found what i was looking for
Old 05-17-2011
Registered!!

thewal will become famous soon enough
Re: Need help with painting interior trim pieces

there is a DIY under the interior section for painting trim pieces.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...im-pieces.html
Old 05-17-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

all it really says as far as the trim pieces go is "just pop out with a screw driver".. im not sure you can "pop it out" when it comes to the door handle trim pieces, or the *****, or stuff like that.. and i dunno if trying to pop it out near the vents is a good idea bc you could scratch the area around it.. i just need info on how else to get these pieces off.. that link is good as far as what to use.. im just more concerned of how to get these pieces out.. thanx tho
Old 05-17-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Why not get a trim kit?
Old 05-17-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by Shift-E
Why not get a trim kit?
what exactly is a trim kit? (sorry, new to the custom game)
Old 05-17-2011
CivicChick2001

ok just looked it up and went to a site.. that is pretty sweet.. might actually do that instead of ripping my car apart. do you know if the pieces would replace your current ones, or do they just stick to what you already have?
Old 05-17-2011

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by civicchick2001
ok just looked it up and went to a site.. that is pretty sweet.. might actually do that instead of ripping my car apart. do you know if the pieces would replace your current ones, or do they just stick to what you already have?
I haven't personally gotten a kit, though I'm thinking of it (in white). From what I understand you just stick it right on (Like a peel-and-stick sticker.)

Painting it yourself would cost less, cuz these kits can be a little pricey. But if you have the money the kit will:
1. Save you time.
2. Save you from a headache in case you do something wrong and screw up your trim
3. Give you the possibility of going back stock by taking it off. (Though I could see that potentially going bad also from glue on your trim, but you could find easy ways to get that off)

Last edited by Shift-E; 05-17-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-17-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

got my top and bottom honda carbon fiber (fake) trim kit from www.handaaccessories.com
Old 05-17-2011
CivicChick2001

this is from dashkitmall.com, just the different finishes they have: http://www.dashkitmall.com/available_finishes.htm

you can put in your make and model and year to see all the pieces, but i am LOVING that blue carbon fiber one they have. looks sharp and clean, and with a blue car.. that aint bad. just thought i'd share in case others wanted to check it out too. here is their main site address:
http://www.dashkitmall.com/
Old 05-17-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by gearbox
got my top and bottom honda carbon fiber (fake) trim kit from www.handaaccessories.com

is yours a peel and stick? and if so, has it stuck pretty good?
Old 05-17-2011
Registered!!

thewal will become famous soon enough

i was going to buy the kit but they do not ship to Canada, so i took all my trim pieces and painted them.

i wouldnt mind a set of the carbon fibre ones.

looks nice.
Old 05-17-2011

this is from dashkitmall.com, just the different finishes they have: http://www.dashkitmall.com/available_finishes.htm

you can put in your make and model and year to see all the pieces, but i am LOVING that blue carbon fiber one they have. looks sharp and clean, and with a blue car.. that aint bad. just thought i'd share in case others wanted to check it out too. here is their main site address:
http://www.dashkitmall.com/
Prices aren't too bad. $144 shipped to Canada isn't bad either. Too bad they don't have the colour I want :/

When you mentioned blue carbon fiber, i imagined how awesome a white carbon fiber kit would look. Soo nice. :P
Old 05-17-2011
CivicChick2001

Prices aren't too bad. $144 shipped to Canada isn't bad either. Too bad they don't have the colour I want :/

When you mentioned blue carbon fiber, i imagined how awesome a white carbon fiber kit would look. Soo nice. :P

Yeah, that would look pretty sweet. So far, just from lookin around, I have found dark blue, light blue, blue and black, black, grey, and i think black and white.. but none just white.. ill keep my eyes open though and let you know if i do
Old 05-17-2011

Yeah, that would look pretty sweet. So far, just from lookin around, I have found dark blue, light blue, blue and black, black, grey, and i think black and white.. but none just white.. ill keep my eyes open though and let you know if i do
I've found white before, just haven't convinced myself if I want to spend that money lol.
Old 05-17-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah mine is peel and stick. some of the pieces ive had to redo using 3m mounting tape cause they fell off the first time. i think cause the parts were old and the tape lost its glue or something.
Old 05-18-2011
CivicChick2001

i did some more lookin around today.. and i think if i were to buy it, it would be the thicker, more durable type.. there was this one site that advertised that their kit was only 3mm thick.. and in the demo video, it litterally looked like a sticker. flemsy and thin like.. so, just from that, i'd definetly go with the more durable stuff.

with a navy colored car, do you think the dark blue carbon fiber would look the best? i dont know if that would be better or the light blue. what do u guys think? :-/
Old 05-18-2011

i did some more lookin around today.. and i think if i were to buy it, it would be the thicker, more durable type.. there was this one site that advertised that their kit was only 3mm thick.. and in the demo video, it litterally looked like a sticker. flemsy and thin like.. so, just from that, i'd definetly go with the more durable stuff.

with a navy colored car, do you think the dark blue carbon fiber would look the best? i dont know if that would be better or the light blue. what do u guys think? :-/
Remember, if you get the thick stuff it may look bulky and out of place in your car. Its not bad to go thin because it's just a sticker basically. The thinner it is will make it look closer to stock. It's not like it will snap after you've stuck it to something because it won't be bending.

With the colour, I wouldn't be able to tell you because I'm a little colour blind lol. But what I can say is think about the colour scheme you want to go with. Make sure it it flows with the car.

Personally, I want white rims, and for that white to flow into the car as well. So really it depends on how you look at the car all together. If you think the Blue CF will work with your style then by all means go for it.
Old 05-18-2011
CivicChick2001

Remember, if you get the thick stuff it may look bulky and out of place in your car. Its not bad to go thin because it's just a sticker basically. The thinner it is will make it look closer to stock. It's not like it will snap after you've stuck it to something because it won't be bending.

With the colour, I wouldn't be able to tell you because I'm a little colour blind lol. But what I can say is think about the colour scheme you want to go with. Make sure it it flows with the car.

Personally, I want white rims, and for that white to flow into the car as well. So really it depends on how you look at the car all together. If you think the Blue CF will work with your style then by all means go for it.

Yeah, i understand what ya mean about the bulkyness of the thicker material.. i just dont know how well that other thinner stuff will look stuck on there. if it looks like a sticker, then i dont know if that is worth how much they charge for it.. i dont know. im not buyin anything right now, so ill just keep my eyes peeled for different materials.

and i agree about the color scheme.. i like the look of the dark blue CF, but the blue and black CF looks good too.. ugh, hate makin decisions lol

but at the end of it all, i think bringin the blue inside the car will look the best. the trim, the pedals, and the seat covers. i'd like to do the fabric on the doors like a suede navy blue, and i have seen the forum for it, but i dont know if i can pull that off lol.. we shall see though.. thanks for the tips though
Old 05-19-2011
Registered!!

Cjski04 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a trim kit for christmas, i got the real carbon fiber and its stuck really well. Its easy if you heat it up with a blow dryer so its flexible and then you can mold it to the vents or whatever. I like mine alot and definently a big thing to get. Although when it gets really hot in your car the pieces get like really soft...still stick good but just gets soft haha
Old 05-20-2011
CivicChick2001

Originally Posted by Cjski04
I got a trim kit for christmas, i got the real carbon fiber and its stuck really well. Its easy if you heat it up with a blow dryer so its flexible and then you can mold it to the vents or whatever. I like mine alot and definently a big thing to get. Although when it gets really hot in your car the pieces get like really soft...still stick good but just gets soft haha
have you had any problems with it not stickin anywhere? or coming off? is the type you got for a stick shift or automatic? i was wondering with the stick shift trim if it covers that ugly gold ring around it. ugh i haaate how its that color. let me know when ya can thanx