7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Just Won a Makeover for My Civic!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amamdani15 will become famous soon enoughamamdani15 will become famous soon enough
Just Won a Makeover for My Civic!!

so the local honda dealership was hosting a contest for anyone that owned a used honda. if you posted a pic of your car on their wall and got the most likes they would give you a $2k make over. luckily i won!

now im thinking about things to get done to my civic

-Timing Belt (overdue so its getting done for sure)
-paint job (i can do all the prep work so they only have to paint it)
-full lip kit (looks amazing lol)
-oem spoiler (i like the way it looks on our civics)
- missing a few interior trim pieces

i will get fogs after they do the work because i can get them locally for $25.
also plan to get HIDs but i dont have the money for a retrofit so ill just put them in the stock housing and adjust the reflectors.

any ideas on prices on these things?? and is there anything else i should look into getting? i own an 04 VP
Old 05-16-2011
200,000 and counting

thesushiboy is a jewel in the roughthesushiboy is a jewel in the roughthesushiboy is a jewel in the roughthesushiboy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Just Won a Makeover for My Civic!!

Post the pic that made you win!
Old 05-16-2011
Registered!!

amamdani15 will become famous soon enoughamamdani15 will become famous soon enough

Name:  civicwinner.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  248.9 KB

ill get more pics up tonight, to be honest...its in pretty bad shape
Old 05-16-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Wow...what happened to your hood ?
Old 05-16-2011
Registered!!

umm, heat/sun damage?? it has just been flaking, and now the passenger side fender is doing it too lol. i really need paint haha
Old 05-16-2011
200,000 and counting

thesushiboy is a jewel in the roughthesushiboy is a jewel in the roughthesushiboy is a jewel in the roughthesushiboy is a jewel in the rough

YIKES! You got the most votes by being the crappiest car, right?

1. paint job. (obviously)
2. Timing belt.
Old 05-16-2011
Registered!!

yeah, that was the point. but there were actually cars worse than mine...i just got my friends to give me the most likes. i felt kinda bad, but i do need it no doubt
Old 05-16-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

so you rigged the contest.
Old 05-16-2011
Registered!!

actually, NO...this is the fb comment posted from the dealership after i posted my picture:

"Thanks for the entry Abbas! Make sure your friends & family become fans and "Like" your
post. The person with the most, wins! Good luck!"
Old 05-16-2011
Former Sponsor

FCPImport is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on the makeover! If we can help with any of the timing parts we sell a complete timing belt kit with water pump for $159 it includes:

-Engine Timing Belt (EL Civic) - Continental TB312

-Engine Water Pump (Civic) - GMB 135-2420

-Timing Belt Tensioner (Civic) - GMB 435-6733

-Engine Valve Cover Gasket Set (EL Civic) - 036-1599

-Engine Camshaft Seal - 052-3331

-Serpentine Drive Belt (EL Civic Accord 300ZX) - Bando 4PK1010

-Serpentine Belt (Civic) - Bando 6PK986

-Crankshaft Seal 1.7L Front - Nippon Reinz 91212-PLC-003

Good Luck with the makeover, look forward to pics!!
Old 05-16-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by FCPImport
Congrats on the makeover! If we can help with any of the timing parts we sell a complete timing belt kit with water pump for $159

Good Luck with the makeover, look forward to pics!!
ill let you know if they will let me buy aftermarket parts, this is a dealership so i expect them to make me use their parts. i think that have of the prize money will get used up on just the timing belt service itself.
Old 05-16-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Grats! I wish i was having the same contest in my area
Old 05-16-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
Grats! I wish i was having the same contest in my area
Lol, you wouldn't have won. Your civic is clean :P Minus those few dents, but no one would vote based on those lol.
Old 05-16-2011
Person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

clean those headlights!!
Old 05-16-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lollygagger
clean those headlights!!
yep thats on the list, but i can do that myself on the cheap so its not worth it to have them charge me $100 for it...plus i want to black out the insides so thatll all happen together.

also, i think i may have just come up with the best idea since TV dinners. i am going to make my civic into a hardtop convertible, except that the hardtop wont store in the trunk and ill have to leave it in my garage at home. ill just cut at the bottom of the b pillar and just go all the around the bottom then cut at the top of the windshield. i just need to buy an angle grinder and out a diamond cutting blade on it. then ill put weather stripping on both sides of the part that i cut and attach latches that will hold it together in the winter months. i live in California so i can have the top off for most of the year...it will be truly a one of a kind civic. (credit for this idea goes to Top Gear)
Old 05-16-2011

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

LOL! are you serious about that idea? Thats gonna be a crazy project haha. It would be way to easy to have stuff stolen/have the car stolen if it's got no top when you park it somewhere.

Thats not me discouraging the idea. I love one of a kind projects done to cars. Just some cunstructive criticism.

EDIT: Maybe a T-top would be more pracitcle of a mod? The tear away parts would be smaller and you could (potentially) store them in the trunk?

Last edited by Shift-E; 05-16-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-16-2011
Registered!!

green01civic will become famous soon enoughgreen01civic will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by amamdani15
i will get fogs after they do the work because i can get them locally for $25.
also plan to get HIDs but i dont have the money for a retrofit so ill just put them in the stock housing and adjust the reflectors.
Do the world a favor and do it right, or don't do it at all. Get some +50 bulbs and polish the headlights if you got a problem with visibility.
Old 05-16-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

post some pixs when the car is all done and nice and shiney
Old 05-16-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by green01civic
Do the world a favor and do it right, or don't do it at all. Get some +50 bulbs and polish the headlights if you got a problem with visibility.
as of now, i dont have any problem with visibility but i was thinking HIDs because they look really bright and i think they make the car look sharper. (as long as they are aimed correctly and dont shine in ppls rear view mirrors. do you think that the +50 bulbs would be better than HIDs?? and with the +50 bulbs i woulnt need to make a harness or deal with ballasts so they are starting to sound like a good idea. also i want to get blue bulbs for the high beams because i love the reflection they make.

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
post some pixs when the car is all done and nice and shiney
will do

Originally Posted by Shift-E
LOL! are you serious about that idea? Thats gonna be a crazy project haha. It would be way to easy to have stuff stolen/have the car stolen if it's got no top when you park it
I was totally kidding, its finals week and i dont want to study, hence the crazy idea lol. and if youve seen the top gear episode it was a horrible idea especially since it kills the handling.
Old 05-16-2011

I was totally kidding, its finals week and i dont want to study, hence the crazy idea lol. and if youve seen the top gear episode it was a horrible idea especially since it kills the handling.
Lol well you never know! Sometimes people get crazy ideas and make something amazing out of it lol.
Old 05-16-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

HID does not work well on stock housing, as stated many times before in other threads...
Hold on them until you can do the retrofit - you could get tickets for that and will have to say bye to the savings to do the retrofit.
Old 05-16-2011
Foh Doh!

CivicStan is an unknown quantity at this point

wow lucky you....be sure to come back and post som updated pics of yoru civc
Old 05-16-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
HID does not work well on stock housing, as stated many times before in other threads...
Hold on them until you can do the retrofit - you could get tickets for that and will have to say bye to the savings to do the retrofit.
good lookin out, i totally forgot about that...idk if id ever spend the money on a retrofit because here there is enough lights on the street to drive with the headlights off at night, and i feel that they arent necessary for me personally. so i guess ill go with the +50s or may even the +80s when the time comes
Old 05-16-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Retrofits aren't expensive! Pickup a morimoto mini set for $120, then buy an hid kit and you're done. It's pretty much PnP. Thats what i'm doing right now, except i spent a lot more money because i bought new headlights and some halos
Old 05-16-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

and the halos did snap in your fingers! :P
Old 05-16-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
Retrofits aren't expensive! Pickup a morimoto mini set for $120, then buy an hid kit and you're done. It's pretty much PnP. Thats what i'm doing right now, except i spent a lot more money because i bought new headlights and some halos
relatively theyre not expensive at all, but as a student without a job, i really should be spending my money on books and gas rather than my car.
Old 05-16-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
and the halos did snap in your fingers! :P
Let's be fair now, they snapped in my uncles fingers lol

relatively theyre not expensive at all, but as a student without a job, i really should be spending my money on books and gas rather than my car.
I thought u were using the $2000 from the makeover? Or are they just giving you $2000 thinking you're going to spend it on a car? Because $2000 is a lot of money i know because i'm a student working at a minimum wage job.
Old 05-16-2011
Registered!!

no, im pretty sure that its $2000 to be spent at the dealership and their cost for labor and parts is thru the roof. if they were giving me $2000 cash then i could get so much more done by going to my mechanic and some small body shop that does good work. i think that all the parts will have to be from them and they arent going to let me spend part of that 2k at a junkyard or for aftermarket parts. all that will probably have to be done with my own money.
Old 05-16-2011

no, im pretty sure that its $2000 to be spent at the dealership and their cost for labor and parts is thru the roof. if they were giving me $2000 cash then i could get so much more done by going to my mechanic and some small body shop that does good work. i think that all the parts will have to be from them and they arent going to let me spend part of that 2k at a junkyard or for aftermarket parts. all that will probably have to be done with my own money.
At least you're getting brand new OEM stuff for free. What can you ask for more then that? :P

What happens if you have like $50 left over and nothing else to spend it on?
Old 05-16-2011
Registered!!

green01civic will become famous soon enoughgreen01civic will become famous soon enough

good lookin out, i totally forgot about that...idk if id ever spend the money on a retrofit because here there is enough lights on the street to drive with the headlights off at night, and i feel that they arent necessary for me personally. so i guess ill go with the +50s or may even the +80s when the time comes
I am happy with my Phillips VisionPlus bulbs (+50), I got them from Amazon for like ~$22.
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-9003-V.../dp/B00480N12W

They're fairly bright, and put out a decent bit of light for the lowly 9003 bulb we're stuck with. No need to make any mods, cause the wattage is the same. I can def see farther than the previous generic halogens that were in there.

You can also check out Daniel Stern Lighting if you want one-on-one advice and purchasing of aftermarket bulbs: www.danielsternlighting.com (He also has some pretty good articles on bulbs there).

Quick Reply: Just Won a Makeover for My Civic!!