7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Need year model and body kit info.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<<Skeptik>> is an unknown quantity at this point
Need year model and body kit info.

I google imaged honda civic street racers recently and this image came up. Does anyone know the year,model, and body kit used for this car?

Old 05-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Need year model and body kit info.

That's a skyline, not a civic.
Old 05-13-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light

Old 05-13-2011
Registered!!

<<Skeptik>> is an unknown quantity at this point

haha Google needs to get their info straight haha, what year is that skyline? (if you can tell)
Old 05-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

It's an R34, if your looking to buy one I know one of the few that are in north america is up for sale for a little over $200,000 at the moment. Lol.
Old 05-13-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

$200 0000 are u shitting me?!
Old 05-13-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

Lmfao..... dead
Old 05-13-2011
Registered!!

2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough

No point in having an R34 in america. you cant even register it in the states. gotta wait until its 25 years old and then it will be considered a classic and you can ship it over. and you used to be able to get them for 80 grand but then the government shut down the person who was shipping over R34's in pieces and then putting them back together and classifying them as kit cars. it was a big scandal if you wanna know about it google it.
Old 05-13-2011
Person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by 2005civiclx
No point in having an R34 in america. you cant even register it in the states. gotta wait until its 25 years old and then it will be considered a classic and you can ship it over.
not sure how true that is, because i met and spoke with a guy who drives an r33
Old 05-13-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need to wait 25 years. You just have to get one imported through a registered importer and modify it to meed NHTSA requirements.

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/impo...es/page10.html
Old 05-13-2011
Registered!!

2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough2005civiclx is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
You don't need to wait 25 years. You just have to get one imported through a registered importer and modify it to meed NHTSA requirements.

I would rather just wait until the 25 years are up. The car isnt worth it. Going through all that hassle just to have it, not my thing. And if I didnt want to wait i would just get an R35 for cheaper than $200,000 as apparently thats what R34's are going for now lol (way over priced).

I also heard of some other thing but idk if it applies anymore or how true it is, don't you still have to get the R34 crash test rated to import it. Or has somebody already sacrificed a couple of skylines for that?
Old 05-13-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

how is it a scandal to import parts and build the car here? isnt that legal to do?
Old 05-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

^Bringing over the chassis of a car and the engine seperately and reassembling in North America is a loop hole, it's sort of legal, but sort of not. I know in Canada, legislation was passed to make close the loop hole that a few cars slipped through.

It's more difficult than just waiting 25 years and bringing it over, you need to send a car through crash testing. Bill Gates had a porsche sitting at the port of seattle for 20 years before he managed to get it imported as a track only car and he had to write a computer program that modeled what would happen in a crash.
Old 05-13-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by <<Skeptik>>
I google imaged honda civic street racers recently and this image came up. Does anyone know the year,model, and body kit used for this car?

aaand, after the cibaru and civette, we proudly present to you the unimitableeee... Civikyline!

Old 05-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
chozobody is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx

Only R33's have the crash test data to be cleared by the NHTSA. The problem lies in the EPA regulations. After 1996, every car in america had to be equipped with an OBDII compliant ECU. The skyline did not. Only ones coming over her now adays are grey market vehicles. Its not worth the risk. To have a fully legal skyline, you MUST wait 25 years, or buy one that was grandfathered in before the Motorex Fiasco
Old 05-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

I'm glad I live in Canada, we only need to wait 13 years before we can import. Skylines are more common than S13s lol.
Old 05-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
chozobody is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I'm glad I live in Canada, we only need to wait 13 years before we can import. Skylines are more common than S13s lol.
Old 05-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

LOL the gay and the curious.
Old 05-14-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

that car is from 2 fast 2 furious.. look familiar? here's a screen shot from the movie.. but yeah, definetly a skyline..