7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Auto Transmission Problem....Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rastaman_bob is an unknown quantity at this point
Auto Transmission Problem....Help!!!!

hey guys, i have a 02 civic auto tran 1400cc and i don't know if it is a cvt. my problem is that when i am approaching a hill at 75 KM the car drops speed drastically to 30-40 km and even when i accelerate more and the engine revs out the car idles at the current speed until i finish the slop then it speeds up then change out. on a flat surface travelling at 50-60 km and want to speed up it does not change out when i press in the pedal it revs out for awhile then change. a mechanic said that the clutch and maybe some of the gears need to change. can anyone tell me if this could be true.
Old 05-10-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Auto Transmission Problem....Help!!!!

only the HX has the cvt auto. otherwise you have regular. im not exactly sure of the problem. civics do not fare well going uphill. and on the 01+ civics that have grade logic, it will hold a lower gear to try and help you climb, which may seem like it is stuck in gear unless you really mash the gas and the rpms get close to redline, then it will switch to the next gear. sometimes it wont if youre already in 3rd tho.