7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Battery Malfunctionning...

Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bennydj is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Battery Malfunctionning...

Ok, I just recently bought a Honda Civic DX 2001 and the battery in-dash sensor keeps popping on and off.

It's going crazy or something... First, I tought it was the wiring. The (-) nut on the battery was a little loose, so I replaced it. Even though after that, it persisted. May it still be the wiring problem? (I noticed the copper wires were turning green.) Should I scrap my old wires and redo my wiring with new ones?

Since the problem popped, my car never ran out of battery power. I don't want to let this problem persists besides, I'm tired of this red light popping on and off... Any advice?
Old 04-29-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Battery Malfunctionning...

More likely than not your alternator is failing, get it rebuilt if you can. If not get an OEM replacement. Before you do all that though, get it tested at a shop to make sure that's whats wrong since it's a fairly expensive part.
Old 04-29-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah the battery light means charging system problem, has nothing to do with battery condition.
Old 04-29-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Agreed, if you can find someone in your area that rebuilds alternators that's the least expensive option.

Last edited by MindBomber; 04-30-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Old 04-30-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bennydj is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok thanks!