7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Civic update.

Old 05-06-2011
Young gun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valvebreaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Civic update.

No worrys any more the car is on craigslist as of now listed with all the issues and problems ive had with it. 3500 sound like a reasonable price? note besides the motor the is in amazing condition.
Old 05-06-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

and that's what lazlong posted...
Originally Posted by lazlong
I have never seen a torque sequence on any engine that you didn't torque all the bolts at the same time.

Torque them all to 14, then torque them all to 36, then torque them all to 49.
Old 05-06-2011
Young gun

I did the correct sequence the second time around and was still smoking after having the block and head checked, then pushed the torque up to 90lbs none of the bolts striped out and the smoke has all gone i think the em2 is just out to get me..
Old 05-06-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

usually overtorquing bolts to fix a problem means the gasket wasnt sealing well to begin with.
Old 05-07-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

^Yep. I agree, the head was probably warped. I'd never go to that machine shop a gain. My head bolts were torqued to 49ft/lbs (because I did them) and I've had no issues at all since.
Old 05-07-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I would never even consider returning to that machine shop; there's no reason that you should need to double the torque specs on any bolt, especially one involving the engine. Can you even imagine torquing lug nuts to 160ftlbs, same concept.

What Steve said makes sense though, if doubling the torque spec corrected the issue then it probably wasn't sealing right to begin with. I blame the machinists.

It's sad that your selling, buy another 7th gen!!
Old 05-07-2011
Young gun

Lol Im leaning towards a 240 that's for sale here In town :/