7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2005 tail light turn signal bulb color?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phiqtion is an unknown quantity at this point
2005 tail light turn signal bulb color?

So i just bought these pair of LED 7440 bulbs for my new 05' tail light conversion, question is are the factory ones emit yellow or a white color and did I make the right choice?
Old 04-26-2011
Person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about
Re: 2005 tail light turn signal bulb color?

I believe it's a clear bulb i.e. slight yellow color. And I was thinking of getting LEDs for my fog lights so it would match the HIDs they should work fine
Old 04-26-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

White LEDs tend to wash out the red through a red lens.. So, if you got white, then the color won't appear as deep a red as say, a regular incandescent bulb would though the red lens of the tail light.

Also, those LEDs are all mounted so they're kinda "rear-firing," so they're not gonna utilize the reflector portion of the tail light assembly very well. I'd be surprised if you could see them very well during the day.

I'm using a similar one to these in mine, with red LEDs
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/18-SMD-5050...443_sku201.htm

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 04-27-2011 at 02:01 AM. Reason: ****ing autocorrect.. lol
Old 04-26-2011
Person

lollygagger has a spectacular aura aboutlollygagger has a spectacular aura about

Yeah I've also heard they tend to be very dim, probably un-seeable (sp? lol) during the day
Old 04-26-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

both sedans and coupes have a RED lens over the turn signal reflector in north america. the stock bulbs are clear, but when using leds you must use a red led bulb. if the lens is amber, you have to use amber. if clear, you can use any color. white leds will not be bright at all behind a colored lens. and those bulbs in your link are not safe to use. theyre barely as bright as a parking light.
Old 04-27-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
and those bulbs in your link are not safe to use. theyre barely as bright as a parking light.
which ones do you recommend I get?
Old 04-27-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i cant really recommend anything thats pnp. they just arent bright enough. a 21w turn signal is around 350 lumens, most led bulbs can barely break 50 lumens. the only quality pieces ive seen are the elef-usa.com bulbs using hi power osram leds (200 lumens) and special circuitry, but even these bulbs require modification to work on a civic with smaller bulbs. you could check out the $80 v-leds.com bulbs which some people say are almost as good as stock, but they arent the best quality.
Old 04-28-2011
Registered!!

ok, I cancelled those leds and bought these 27 watt PIAA bulbs.
Old 04-29-2011
Premium Member

yeah those are really nice bulbs and super white
Old 04-29-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
yeah those are really nice bulbs and super white
Do you recommend getting them for the headlight's low and high beam or the philips xp? (I'm in the process of improving my car's stock lighting)
Old 04-29-2011
CO&CA

TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

The LED's dont emit as much light as the HID's. Why not get the HID conversion kits? Easy install and SUPER BRIGHT with the 5K or 6K bulbs.

Its like Daytime when I drive at night with mine.

Just make sure you get the relay harnesses too.
Old 04-29-2011
Premium Member

i would go with philips xp if you want the most light on the ground. the piaa will be whiter due to the bluish coating, but not as much light.

Originally Posted by phiqtion
Do you recommend getting them for the headlight's low and high beam or the philips xp? (I'm in the process of improving my car's stock lighting)
Old 04-30-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TFMEX
The LED's dont emit as much light as the HID's. Why not get the HID conversion kits? Easy install and SUPER BRIGHT with the 5K or 6K bulbs.

Its like Daytime when I drive at night with mine.

Just make sure you get the relay harnesses too.
what kit do you recommend and where can I buy it? all this info is so helpful.
Old 04-30-2011
Person

I have the universal DDM Tuning kit in mine. I like them but i'll let others voice their opinions too haha