7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Texas highway speedlimits

Old 04-15-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point
Texas highway speedlimits

For you Texas forum members I just read an article mentioning our highways are finally getting a boost from 70 to 75mph and designated "superhighways" will have speedlimits of up to 85mph depending on where.

And no more 70mph-daytime, 65-mph nightime. The article I just read says that Texas is the only state that requires drivers to slow down at night to 65mph on highways etc...

I better get the D17 ready

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/art...ts-1339129.php
Old 04-16-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Texas highway speedlimits

Yeah, it's a shame I don't live near any of those highways that are already 75. It doesn't affect me much, except maybe in the pocketbook (tickets) 'cause I already do 75-80 on every highway anyways. That's they only thing I really hate about here- everything is 20 miles away.
Old 04-16-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I heard that there's a US law maker that wants to allow you to drive 90mph on any road for $25 a day.
Old 04-16-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MindBomber
I heard that there's a US law maker that wants to allow you to drive 90mph on any road for $25 a day.
Still way cheaper to just eat the 4 tickets a year I get.
Old 04-16-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

this is a serious mistake and im glad i drive nowhere near those freeways. most people are not qualified to drive faster than the usual 55-65mph and neither are their cars. this is a disaster waiting to happen. and there is a reason why night speed limits are much lower. You will be outdriving your headlights going faster than the current night speed of 55mph and that means whatever you see in your field of vision (the headlight beam) will not be avoidable. basically like driving blind. and if the speed limit is 85, that automatically means careful drivers will be doing 90 and average drivers will be doing 95, while crazies will be doing 100+ so yeah i cant wait to see how that turns out. i remember when driving 20 over (85 in a 65) meant automatic jail time and impound. oh yeah not to mention the **** poor gas mileage you get when you drive above 55mph. it gets worse exponentially the higher you go. gas companies must be throwing a party to celebrate.
Old 04-16-2011
Registered!!

Oh, you will definitely spend the night in a cell for going 20 over around here, don't worry 'bout that. lol

I just want to make clear that in no way do I drive crazy, I just drive fast when on the highway- traffic permitting.

About the gas mileage: The other day I went 332 miles on 10 gallons @ 70-80mph with the A/C on half the trip. Not bad mpg's for a 10 year old car with close to 200K.

Last edited by lazlong; 04-16-2011 at 04:02 AM.
Old 04-16-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

GB do you have any evidence of "outdriving your headlights?" I've never heard of that, and it seems a bit ridiclious to me. Logic tells me that driving at 90mph won't even get you close to catching up to something that travels at 671,000,000 mph.

Unless you mean that your reaction speed can no longer catch up with what you would see in the headlights.

Last edited by Brian1037; 04-16-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-16-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

We need an Autobahn in Canada and the US. People don't know how to drive in North America because there are way too many rules, and they think that by following these rules you're a "Good driver." No. By following these rules you're good at following rules. In order to be a good driver you need to understand your car and how everything works, as well as being aware of your surroundings at all times. People are too ignorant to look at driving in this way. If I go to Europe and am speeding, the cars will move to the side just to let me through. Its common action while driving there. Here, if im speeding, the person in front of me will actually press on the brakes to try and slow me down, ON THE HIGHWAY. All this does is increase the likely hood of an accident exponentially. I can't tell you how many times I've almost gotten into accidents from people doing this, luckily I'm a better driver then them and stop that from happening.
Old 04-16-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/dir.../.f173fea/1045

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_ou...our_headlights
Old 04-16-2011
Registered!!

^^ Dam, you beat me by 1 minute. lol
Old 04-16-2011
Premium Member

none of my comments were referring to you btw. i was talking about "average morons" who i sometimes wonder how they even passed the cheezy dmv driving test yet cannot even understand basic traffic signs.
Old 04-16-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

hehe.
My passing lane is the right lane, since most like to cruise and own the left lanes at -10MPH the limit.
Most canadains are better, though, except for the habit of going from the left lane straight to the exit ramp...
Average driver in canada unfortunately is still above the US average driver... (i have been 7 years in US, more than a year here in canada)
Old 04-16-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Brian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the roughBrian1037 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah silly me I only thought of that after. I thought you were saying you would catch up to the actual beam of light lol
Old 04-16-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Brian1037
...I thought you were saying you would catch up to the actual beam of light lol
Smoke another one!
Old 04-16-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sdaidoji
...except for the habit of going from the left lane straight to the exit ramp...
OMG, this drives me up the wall! You have no choice but to follow them at 50-55 in the left lane, then they go striaght for the exit. ARGHH!
Old 04-16-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Geeeze,
If we had 80mph freeways here in cali, we'd all be driving 100
Old 04-16-2011
Registered!!

I think this will affect most rural highways. I can see the I-35 corridor going 85mph. Or any of the Texas triangle routes. Cities can still impose their own speedlimits, don't ask me how though idk.

Hopefully this will make drivers more focused on the road. Way back in the day speedlimits were almost non existent. Fewer cars, faint radio, no cell phones or screaming kids. I hate that it takes four hours to drive out of Texas from where I live in any direction but mexico. Im glad the politicians actually addressed an issue that the peeps they represent care about.

For the people with common sense, this is good. But for those wild stallions you gotta watch out. And that is where politics comes in.
Old 04-16-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

You're lucky ... in Canada the highest i've seen is 100km/h (60mph)
Old 04-16-2011
Sedans > Coupes

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
You're lucky ... in Canada the highest i've seen is 100km/h (60mph)
Highest in Canada is 110km/h

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Columbia_Highway_5

I think there's more highway's than just that one though
Old 04-16-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,437 Likes on 1,193 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

yeah, but they overlook up to 110/120, since most does it anyways... even the average uns'...
Old 04-16-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

No offense, but this post reeks of a young and over confident driver.
The situations that your describing sound like someone is brake checking you, which in my significant driving experience I have never seen people do unless a person is driving truly overly aggressive. Doing things like tail gating and excessively speeding in residential areas, I'm not saying that your doing those things, but many young drivers do and proceed to have a more civilized driver brake check them.

Originally Posted by Shift-E
We need an Autobahn in Canada and the US. People don't know how to drive in North America because there are way too many rules, and they think that by following these rules you're a "Good driver." No. By following these rules you're good at following rules. In order to be a good driver you need to understand your car and how everything works, as well as being aware of your surroundings at all times. People are too ignorant to look at driving in this way. If I go to Europe and am speeding, the cars will move to the side just to let me through. Its common action while driving there. Here, if im speeding, the person in front of me will actually press on the brakes to try and slow me down, ON THE HIGHWAY. All this does is increase the likely hood of an accident exponentially. I can't tell you how many times I've almost gotten into accidents from people doing this, luckily I'm a better driver then them and stop that from happening.
Old 04-16-2011
Registered!!

Yup. I saw it twice today. A female dodge Durango tried to instigate a honda fit to move in the slow lane by revving the engine. The fit was going 40mph in a 40mph zone. The Honda couldn't move cuz I was in their way. I wasnt gonna move me and other driver were obeying the limit. Thats how I heard the engine rev. Once I moved outta the way the Honda didn't stayed in the same lane!

Overconfident in a civic. Yup. That'll get you to the red light a few seconds faster than anybody else. that's about the extent of it.
Old 04-17-2011

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

I'm talking about the freeway, 100km (60mph). In the fast lane youre expected to be passing the drivers in the lane to the right of you, not matching their speed. If you wanna do that then get out of the passing lane. My brother in law actually received a ticked for driving in the passing lane because it's supposed to be exclusive to passing. When i see someone behind me going faster then myself, I switch lanes because I know they don't wanna slow down so why risk the accident. I'm not going to force them to slow down, because if their a stupid driver then something could go really wrong.

I'm a defensive driver, always checking what others are doing, because I don't want their mistakes to affect me. Sure I may make mistakes too (no ones perfect) but when it comes down to it you need to know how to react to everything that could happen on the road.
Old 04-17-2011
Premium Member

yeah if you do that in chicago someone will run you off the road. the left lane is for going 90 in a 55. the right lane is for 65 in 55. if you go the speed limit you can get a ticket for impeding traffic. and i know in some states, if you are holding up more than 5 cars, you can get a ticket for that.
Old 04-17-2011
Registered!!

^^ I was in Chicago a couple years ago and it was like the Indy 500- no respect for the speed limit or lane markers.
Old 04-17-2011
Registered!!

hath33 will become famous soon enough

The speed limit on some parts are already 80 here in Texas so i don't think an increase to 85 is such a big deal. Its not gonna really change much at all because there only gonna increase the rural areas to 85 were there is barely anyone driving anyway. as much as the night driving in the city's i think its stupid to slow down to 65 because the whole freeway is lit up like daylight anyway but when your driving through country where its pitch black at night that would be a little bit scary going anything over 65 so id say drive at your own discretion in those areas. I really don't think there should be speed limits at all. I would just have law enforcement watching for people driving recklessly and stupidly. anyone with common sense knows there own limits and knows what is safe and what is not. The problem with america is that there is more people seriously lacking that common sense then there is people who have it. The more regulation we have put upon us the more we lose our freedom. We NEED another Ronald Reagan.
Old 04-17-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by hath33
We NEED another Ronald Reagan.
For some reason I see a George Clooney for Prez bumper sticker when you say that. lol
Old 04-17-2011

I live in Ottawa, Ontario and Ontario in general is known to have the worst drivers in Canada. This was brought up in another thread before, but on the show "Canada's worst driver" (I think theres an american equivalent?) out of the 6 seasons, 4 were from Ontario. 2 of which were from Ottawa.
Old 04-17-2011
Registered!!

hath33 will become famous soon enough

George Clooney Great actor but I'm not sure about his political views lol all I know is life has never been as rough and stressful since Obama has been in office. He's played more golf while in office than me and my dad have played in our lives combined hes 49 i'm 18. I can honestly says that this is the only President that has actually change my life in a huge way. But I'm only 18 What do i know right? I hate politics they **** me off corrupt a$$ individuals if u ask me. Obama treats his term like a 4 year vacation. Where is he going next?
Old 04-17-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

See I frequently have people tail gate and flash their headlights at me, because I'm in the fast lane and they want to pass me. Eighty percent of the time there's another car in front of me though, I'm just travelling at the a reasonable following distance with matched speed, instead of tail gating like the dummy behind me. If the person behind me can't realize that then that's their problem, I'm not changing lanes.

Originally Posted by Shift-E
I'm talking about the freeway, 100km (60mph). In the fast lane youre expected to be passing the drivers in the lane to the right of you, not matching their speed. If you wanna do that then get out of the passing lane. My brother in law actually received a ticked for driving in the passing lane because it's supposed to be exclusive to passing. When i see someone behind me going faster then myself, I switch lanes because I know they don't wanna slow down so why risk the accident. I'm not going to force them to slow down, because if their a stupid driver then something could go really wrong.

I'm a defensive driver, always checking what others are doing, because I don't want their mistakes to affect me. Sure I may make mistakes too (no ones perfect) but when it comes down to it you need to know how to react to everything that could happen on the road.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Texas highway speedlimits