7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
doyoulikecowsin is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help!!

common problem... have ep3 coils for my em2... need 16mm to 14mm reducing washers.. ksport has been under construction for a long time.. i cant find anywhere else that has them or anything close. please help!! how bad is it to not use them? anyone done it?

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Help!!

If you ran the set-up as is then it would impossible to keep the car in alignment, because the strut be constantly shifting positions, the constant shifting would also likely damage the coilover causing the hole to slowly expand and worsen the problem. I've never actually heard of a reducing washer being used, just talk of how it would be nice if one existed.

I think your going to need to drill the knuckles out to 16mm or weld a 14mm washer directly to the coilover.
Old 04-14-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
doyoulikecowsin is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm very true, they used to exist i guess lol, just not anymore, i found some 16mm washers at home depot.. figure id weld those like u said and grind it flat, then drill those, id rather do that then drill out the knuckle and get larger crash bolts.. that worries me lol, thanks a lot!
Old 04-14-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Yeah, I looked for a while hoping to find a set of these infamous washers, but was never able to find them and welding on a washer on seems like the simplest option.