7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Headlight assembly choices?

Old 04-13-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7thgenfigi is an unknown quantity at this point
Headlight assembly choices?

Stock head light assembly coast like $250 a piece anyone have another option? Stock ones lasted 7 years...Then turned yellow I want new ones what are good quality choices?
Old 04-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Headlight assembly choices?

I bought a set of stock headlights on ebay for $20, the previous owner removed them from his civic six months after it was purchased from the dealership to add rice ebay ones. Search around and you might be able to find a similar deal.

Otherwise, why not just pick up a headlight restore kit?
Old 04-13-2011
Registered!!

I wet sand them do the whole wax yada yada but it never lasts or look perfect ive tried a lot of options nothing will take away that yellowish hue.
Old 04-13-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Unseal your headlights, wax and polish the inside of the cover and reseal them and I bet they'll be fixed. Aftermarket headlights are sketchy quality, most of them develop fogging issues.
Old 04-13-2011
Registered!!

Your on the money problem is on the rims unassailable with a disassemble. I thought there a b&&&$ to get open and when you do they never seal back?
Old 04-13-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

what i did was buy the brand new aftermarket "replica" headlights that look just like stock and transfer the new clear front lens and inner chrome shroud to the old stock rear housing and reflector. that way you keep the honda reflector for the lo beam, which is really the only good part, and you have everything else new. the aftermarkets are only around $100 shipped a pair on ebay. also this is a great chance to remove the orange corner piece if you want crystal clear headlights like overseas.
Old 04-13-2011
Registered!!

Yea I'll deff consider doing that..I have h.i.d lights I should be changing over the housings but quality is hard to come by in projector lights.
Old 04-14-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

you can find decent/good aftermarket ones for cheap. under 100 shipped.

consider this:

TYC is a good brand. one of the best aftermarket lighting brands actuallly
http://www.amazon.com/TYC-20-5950-01...2759025&sr=8-2

depo as well:
http://www.amazon.com/Depo-317-1119R...2759042&sr=8-1

(this is assuming u have a 01-03 civic)
Old 04-14-2011
Registered!!

jono237 is an unknown quantity at this point

fyi ive been comparing some of these headlight restore kits and it seems to me atleast they are not all created equal and the best one ive found so far based on homework not actual use seems to be the mothers kit. maybe someone that has used this kit can share there result or at least maybe you can give that a try before you buy replacements i mean its worth a shot if you other option is replacement
Old 04-14-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

nothing will make an old lens new again. it may look good enough, but only way to get rid of scratches and chips is a new one.