7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Headlight problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
max785 is an unknown quantity at this point
Headlight problem

Hi , I have a big problem with my civic 01 headlight. Yesterday the drl light was on on the dash. In the past, I also had this problem but it solved by itselft. When I roll on hole with my car it light off and on sometime. Now when I start the car I have no drl . I have the driver side high beam on and my halo .. When I turn on the light, the driver side hight beam close and the halo keep light on and the drl light on the dash disapear but the low beam don't work. I also try to re-solder the relay thing , but it did nothing. I know my english is bad . Hope you understand. Please I really need help
Old 04-01-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Headlight problem

Check for broken, loose, or corroded grounds first then look for loose/broken wires or connections around the lights.
Old 04-02-2011
Registered!!

now the drl on dash is off and no light come on and the halo work ...
Old 04-03-2011
Registered!!

civicbyrc is an unknown quantity at this point

I ran into a simular problum on a 02 civic. Ended up being the connection to the light switch in the steering column. To much resistance and it melted a bit. just had to clean the contacts. But this car had stock headlights I don't know how yours are wired up.
Old 04-03-2011
Registered!!

lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by civicbyrc
I ran into a simular problum on a 02 civic. Ended up being the connection to the light switch in the steering column. To much resistance and it melted a bit. just had to clean the contacts. But this car had stock headlights I don't know how yours are wired up.
You do know there was a recall for that on the '01-'02 models right?

To the OP: He may be on the right track. Definitely sounds like a bad connection somewhere.

Last edited by lazlong; 04-03-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-04-2011
Registered!!

I got my halo light for 1 year and I worked perfectly before ... Under the steering column ?
Old 04-04-2011
Registered!!

^^ On top.
Old 04-04-2011
Registered!!

I just went to honda , they tell my that the ralay was ok , it was a problem with my right side headlight wiring . How I can check that ?.