7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Identify these Wheels please? [+Rep for anyone who helps]

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civiccc2K1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Identify these Wheels please? [+Rep for anyone who helps]

They are 17' rims, on the side it clearly says JWL and VIA, which after google-ing, are the testing standards. They are missing center caps, which make it even harder to know. Any questions just ask.

Here's the pics.
JWL Logo on Side

VIA Logo on the Side

Full Rim

Any help deserves a +Rep.
Old 03-18-2011
Registered!!

Re: Identify these Wheels please? [+Rep for anyone who helps]

any help please?
Old 03-18-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

hmm... I don't recognize it.

There are a lot of cheap rims with random designs that you'll have trouble identifying, its the high quality name brand ones that are easily recognizable.
Old 03-18-2011
Registered!!

well usually the rims are identifiable by the center cap, and since this had none theres no real way to tell. Even if they are cheap, the guy I bought them from said his son has had them for over 5 years (so they're lasting) and I only spent 150 on them. Good deal huh? It was an older gentleman, so I'm guessing he didn't know the value on them, he had them on his civic and he didn't like the sportyness.
Old 03-18-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

those letters and stuff are on pretty much every rim made.
Old 03-18-2011
Registered!!

oh. i thought they'd help.

Edit: is there any seals, stickers or marks that i can tell?

Last edited by Civiccc2K1; 03-18-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-18-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Can you stop creating new threads everytime you get a new stuff in mind? ... it's annoying...
Old 03-18-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

^thats a good point, please, in the future try not to create unnecessary threads. This could have been placed in one of your previous rim related threads.
Old 03-18-2011
Registered!!

why not? this place is usually dead anyways. and isnt it the purpose of s forum. get your panties out of a bunch. haha
Old 03-18-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

It's not dead, there are an average of 1500 people online at a time and 50-100 new threads per day.

The purpose of a forum is to help people, which we want to do, but multiple threads on the same subject gets quite annoying. I'm telling you this, so it's not an issue of getting my panties out a bunch, in the future please trying not to create threads on the same subject within days of each other. Thanks.
Old 03-18-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

and just to mention, but our fella mindbomber is one of the most patient moderators around here, together with xriceboyx and gearbox and TBOHAR There, Tom, happy? . If he agrees with me on that, it means it is going overboard.
And no, it seems dead for you because you don't look at the other's posts, nor contribute so far.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 03-19-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-19-2011
Registered!!

is there any way i can measure the center cap spot on my wheel so i can order some caps? i took a ruler out there but i doubt im getting the right or precise measurement.
Old 03-19-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, yes.. he is one of the more patient moderators All you can really do is search rim stores and see if anything comes up. If they are five years old they are most likely continued. Putting it up on the forum was a good idea, you might be lucky and catch someone who has had a set and knows what they are.
Old 03-19-2011
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Kinda look like these Scion rims.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...w=1680&bih=857
Old 03-19-2011
Registered!!

sort of. i know it'll be very difficult to search and find it. i was hoping there was a way to tell. oh well, hopefully someone out there has them. haha. and can you help with my centercap question above?
Old 03-21-2011
Registered!!

Where would I find a 2.5" honda centercap? or any center cap for that matter? my wheel looks naked.
Old 03-21-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Have you tried ebay?
Old 03-21-2011
Registered!!

yes ): theyre all either too large or too small. all honda caps are 2.75"
Old 03-21-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

just go to a wheel shop and asks there... too many wheels around the world...
just lift the butt from the seat in front of the internet and do it. Honda is strong due to its pioneers fabricating their own stuff, as well as some others.

you will end up soon in -rep that way.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 03-21-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-22-2011
Registered!!

-Rep for what? asking a question? I'm sorry I have little knowledge of cars and I'd like some help. Jeez, I didn't have a clue people here are *******s.
Old 03-23-2011
Registered!!

Steez26 is an unknown quantity at this point

rims are ugly anyway and op get your panties out of a bunch. although i dont frequent this forum its still extremely useful and the people here do know their ****
Old 03-23-2011
Registered!!

i dont frequent this forum. yeah that makes sense.
Old 03-23-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by Civiccc2K1
-Rep for what? asking a question? I'm sorry I have little knowledge of cars and I'd like some help. Jeez, I didn't have a clue people here are *******s.
Originally Posted by Steez26
rims are ugly anyway and op get your panties out of a bunch. although i dont frequent this forum its still extremely useful and the people here do know their ****
All the regulars on this forum do their best to be extremely friendly to everyone and we're all quite proud of that, it's what differentiates us from most other car forums where people may be knowledgeable, but are otherwise far from friendly.

Of course, we all have bad days now and then and aren't the friendliest on those days, but overall I don't know of a any members who are consistently *******s.
Old 03-23-2011
PITA Admin
Administrator

i will have to say this:

1) delete this [+Rep for anyone who helps] portion from the thread title. It's really disrespectful to even place this in the title. We are not here to jump for any opportunity to get reps. As said in the sig, give rep if you are hooked with good advice, but do not take it in the wrong meaning.
Heck, it's there not for me, actually. It's for the others that I rep from time to time because i see that their reps are not improving even when they give really good advice!!!

2) this is what? 4 or more threads you started asking for wheels or tires? (not including the one for selling the stock ones - that's OK)

3) We were very respectful and supplied tons of info previously.

4) this is the second time you gave a somewhat "shrugging" asnwer, to people that actually were trying to help and have been helpful before to you? Well, i said before that flaming would follow suit IF WARRANTED. which unfortunately happened.

So, no, we are not being a$$es. afraid someone have been, unfortunately, and it's not us.
you brought this on yourself. period.

Last edited by sdaidoji; 03-23-2011 at 08:27 PM.