7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My New Toy

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UnderDog is an unknown quantity at this point
My New Toy

So...Hi, everyone.

On the first of this month, I found myself at my local 'Used Car Dealership'(A guy selling a few random cars and trucks next to his gas station). I had stopped there with a beautiful Dodge Ram 1500 in mind. But, was quickly turned off by his '7 grand, cash only' attitude towards that particular truck.
I browsed around for a few moments, and happen to stumble around a nice little sedan tucked nicely next to a '68 Charger. Not exactly a lifted up pick up, but, still.
So, being 22, I had to have a friend do the test drive(Dealer's insurance won't cover anyone under 23). I was pretty impressed with the way it felt. And, decided that it may be a good deal. An hour later, and she was mine.

Name:  mms95picture-1.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  68.1 KB

Name:  0301111635a.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  75.5 KB

2002 Honda Civic LX. 133,350 miles.
This is her the second I pulled into my driveway. I have more pics from the shop. But, they're on the wife's phone. Only thing done so far, has been replacing the factory stereo(No Cd player). My local Wal-Mart doesn't carry the dash install kit. So, a metra kit is on it's way. Until then, the cd player is mounted in the factory position, with no border. I will post tons of pictures, as soon as I get some(tonight, tomorrow morning). I am currently running my amp/subs, should be done tonight.

So, yeah. Thanks for having me here. I hope to have alot of fun with this car. As well as this forum.

-Zach
Old 03-08-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My New Toy

welcome to the forum!

With that many miles, I'd see if you can dig up maintenance records on it, see if the timing belt, etc, were replaced, but not a bad grab
Old 03-08-2011
Registered!!

Ok, what else do you think I should check on? I'm going to be doing a regular tune-up this weekend. Changing my oil and other fluids, new filters, new spark plugs, new brake pads. Is there anything I may be missing here?
Old 03-08-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...e-up-mods.html

This thread wouldn't hurt to look at. You don't have to worry about the VTEC solenoid one.
Old 03-08-2011
Registered!!

Thanks for the link! I'll have to look into those when I start my work.

I took her down to the garage in the next town over. Who, just so happens, to be the mechanic that takes care of every car at that lot. Was told there that it was the best running car to come out of that place. He told me he did routine maintenance on it when they got it in. But, said that she ran strong, didn't have any problems, and thought she would last.
Old 03-08-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

id change the ATF on it asap.

then do an oil change.

then check on the timing belt to see if its ok. if not, change it asap.

then you'll be ok for a while.

on behalf of civicforum, welcome.
Old 03-08-2011
Registered!!

tipnitty is on a distinguished road

Welcome.
Old 03-08-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm doing the "forgotten diy" next week during sping break.

Is it easy to do a AT fluid change on 7gens? Never done the Tranny. I payed 7k for mine and it don't look as good as yours when I got it!
Old 03-09-2011
Registered!!

Hopefully it will be nice and easy. I'm all about D.I.Y.'ing. Also heard a few things about the Auto tranny's not being the best.

She really doesn't seem to be too bad of a buy, so far. Normally, there's that little something that you notice, that just drives you crazy. But, nothing, yet. Then again, this is the most expensive/newest car I've ever owned.

My door panel carpet is falling off. I guess the glue is failing. So, I suppose I'm going to use one of the wonderful D.I.Y.'s in this forum, and get that replaced, as soon as I figure out where I'm going with the interior.

Thank you all for welcoming me. I'm sure I'll be asking for plenty of help with my civic....Hopefully, for years to come.. : )

Speaking of which. I suppose the previous owner lost the key that controls the seat backs, and whatever you need a key for up front by the trunk popper. Instead of trying to replace these with a new cylinder, I'd like to take these locks out. Has anyone done this? And, if so, how did you maintain functionality?
Old 05-17-2011
Registered!!

wesintexas is an unknown quantity at this point

The normal car key will unlock the rear seats and the trunk lock.

It seems you have the valet key, which does not unlock the trunk.

Go get a new key made at your Honda dealership. $35
Old 05-18-2011
Foh Doh!

CivicStan is an unknown quantity at this point

nice ride here. i picked me a 01 civic up over the weekend...i might post pics of mine as well..well tomorrow wheni get daylight
Old 05-18-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

Congrats on your new toy! Treat her well and she'll be good to ya! Definetly a good pic, and very good lookin!
Old 05-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

nice find and a very reasonable price definitely get the ATF drained and filled ASAP the auto trans in these car aren't very reliable . also you could definitely use a detail.
Old 05-18-2011
Registered!!

Hey all,
I noticed that my thread had gained some interest. And, decided to throw out an update. In these past two months, I've driven my baby pretty damn hard. When purchased she had 133,350 miles. As she sits in the parking lot today(at work) she's at 139,000.
We took a trip at the beginning of this month down to N.C. Put just over 1500 miles on her in 3 days. Not a single problem has come out of this car. For the price, I think I got one hell of a deal.
Here are a few pictures, not much, all from my cell phone..

Name:  mms95picture-2.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  47.9 KB

Name:  mms95picture953.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  18.5 KB

Name:  0314110231a.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  34.1 KB

Name:  mms95picture952-1.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  37.2 KB

Name:  0411110159a.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  41.1 KB
Old 05-18-2011
CivicChick2001

civicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to allcivicchick2001 is a name known to all

looks good! i like her a lot!
Old 05-18-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Get a civicforums.com sticker, it looks freaking good, and adds 4hp! For $1 it can't be beat!
Old 05-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
Get a civicforums.com sticker, it looks freaking good, and adds 4hp! For $1 it can't be beat!
Get those chrome fender vents, they add 10hp.