7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Im a sucker for leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point
Im a sucker for leather

Like the title says..The seat my lazy @$$ is sitting on right now is leather..I have seen leather seat covers but since I weigh in at 6ft 207lbs seat covers would likely be annoying..Us big fellows have to adjust our butt often during long distance drives.

Majestic honda does not show any leather oem replacement parts for seats.

Anybody have leather seat covers? Or genuine honda leather seats? Please share your opinion!
Old 03-07-2011
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Im a sucker for leather

can always swap in rsx leather seats
Old 03-07-2011
Registered!!

What year(2001-04?) interchangable are they, easy or do I have to change the seat rails?

I noticed a bunch craiglist junkyard rsx's thanks for the idea!

Keep em comin!
Old 03-07-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've read, you just have to drill out one of the mounting holes on the RSX's seat brackets to fit in a 7thgen
Old 03-07-2011
Registered!!

Muirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the roughMuirsy is a jewel in the rough

^ yup i just had to drill the back to holes a little bigger... then they just bolt right in. theres a diy on here just search... any 02-06 rsx seats fit in a 7th gen
Old 03-08-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ive seen oem replacement leather seat covers for $500 on ebay
Old 03-08-2011
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

****, for that price, you might as well hunt down a pair of RSX leathers
Old 03-08-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Leather RSX seats, front and rear, go for between $400-550.

You could also use EL front seats on an EM2 and probably the rears in an ES1, I would definitely try to get CDM ones since ours are heated.
Old 03-08-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

I have a friend who got some for his F-150 from here: http://www.katzkin.com/ He swears by 'em. Don't have a heart attack at the price. Here's a cheaper set: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...item19bc4b2bb2 If your patient you can get OEM replacement on eBay for $300-500.
Old 03-08-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

i bought a pair of RSX leather seats for 250.

look on forums and craiglist. deals are out there.
Old 03-08-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

rsx seats weigh nearly double
Old 03-08-2011
Registered!!

^ thats true but i find the rsx seats are way more comfortable and look better. so the weight doesnt bother me its not like im tracking my car
Old 03-08-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Muirsy
^ yup i just had to drill the back to holes a little bigger... then they just bolt right in. theres a diy on here just search... any 02-06 rsx seats fit in a 7th gen
Thanks for all the input! My local craigslist has about 3 parted out rsx's, 2with seats. I noticed about 3 k20 engines an 1 for 250bucks..looked legit too but I'll pass lol.

Shipping is nuts on eBay. One ebay thing has a good deal out from pennsylania but doesnt ship. 250 for driver and passenger. If u live in that area give them a peek
Old 03-08-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
****, for that price, you might as well hunt down a pair of RSX leathers
Or another civic that already has rsx leathers in it.

OR a real rsx lol.
Old 03-08-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon
Thanks for all the input! My local craigslist has about 3 parted out rsx's, 2with seats. I noticed about 3 k20 engines an 1 for 250bucks..looked legit too but I'll pass lol.

Shipping is nuts on eBay. One ebay thing has a good deal out from pennsylania but doesnt ship. 250 for driver and passenger. If u live in that area give them a peek
A $250 K20a3 is guaranteed to be blown lol
Old 03-10-2011
Registered!!

canadiankid is an unknown quantity at this point

i also want to do a leather interior in my civic, i'm keeping my eyes open on kijiji for an acura EL interior and hopefully the day when one pops up i'll have the cash to buy it haha.
Old 03-11-2011
Registered!!

instalher is an unknown quantity at this point

hey guys take two minutes out of your day and call our favorite upholster, derik at custom creations.. 1-604-823-6777. he does this kind of stuff all day, has great ideas, good pricing, and very very nice work..i will post pics of my cars seats that he did in my o3 civic 4 door.. you are gonna drool... or go to his web page at customcreationschilliwack.com..
Old 03-11-2011
Registered!!

billkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the roughbillkisme is a jewel in the rough

yeah I just called a yard down the road from me they have a pair of Grey leather RSX type S leather seats for $200 each. and thats used. little much for a pair of seats to me.
Old 03-11-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Seeing as how they go for $500+....
Old 03-11-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Thats an absolute steal man, I'd jump on it.
Old 03-11-2011
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

I'd also say it's a lot to pay for seats, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a good deal :P I just wouldn't bother changing them, i love my seats
Old 03-11-2011
Administrator
Administrator

..I paid $700/seat for my sparcos.. Just sayin..
Old 03-11-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
..I paid $700/seat for my sparcos.. Just sayin..
for a seat?! -.- thats ridiculous man.

I hope they double as a toilet and wipe your *** when you're finished ... THEN give u a butt massage.
Old 03-11-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

$700 is the average price for a racing seat, used Canadian Integra Type-R seats go for $4000 a set. Quality after market products cost serious cash, a good exhaust for a 350Z could easily go for $3500.

On the *** massaging note, I wonder what a replacement set of the reclining, heated and cooled seats, with two different massage options from an LS460 costs.

Last edited by MindBomber; 03-11-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-11-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
for a seat?! -.- thats ridiculous man.

I hope they double as a toilet and wipe your *** when you're finished ... THEN give u a butt massage.
They were cheaper than the recaros I had originally intended on getting. Those were $950 per seat.. I kinda wish I got them, but I'm still content with my sparcos

but yea, like mindbomber said, $700/seat isn't terrible. Bride's so much more expensive, OEM Recaro ITR seats, higher end sparcos, higher end recaros, the list goes on.
Old 03-11-2011
Registered!!

Lol well i'll save myself the trouble of buying Integra-R seats then and just get another civic xD
Old 03-12-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MindBomber
On the *** massaging note, I wonder what a replacement set of the reclining, heated and cooled seats, with two different massage options from an LS460 costs.
About $1000 each salvage. Ouch.
Old 03-13-2011
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon

Got an ebay link ?