7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

Business with secret weapon performance

Old 03-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
chozobody is an unknown quantity at this point
Business with secret weapon performance

Has anybody know much about http://www.secretweaponperformance.com? I want to buy a Weapon R intake from them, but I want to make sure that its legit. It would be great if any of you guys or girls have ever done business with these guys.
Old 03-03-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Business with secret weapon performance

I've heard great reviews from Weapon R systems

Buuuut, I dont know if its worth the $200+ price tag
Definitely legit though
Old 03-03-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
I've heard great reviews from Weapon R systems

Buuuut, I dont know if its worth the $200+ price tag
Definitely legit though
Its not as much the intake that I'm questioning the legitimacy of. Im already sold on the intake, I'm just wanting to know more about this site. They say they are only a dealer, and with the price they were selling it for, I wanted to make sure it was all legit.
Old 03-03-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, I didn't check the website

But No, I have never heard of the website, but I mean if it's actually an authorized dealer, then probably legit

...but then again, I dont see them on the list of dealers on Weapon-R website
Old 03-03-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

weaponspeed.com
Old 03-03-2011
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
scooty is on a distinguished road

DO NOT BUY FROM secretweaponperformance.com

They are separate from Weapon-R, the company that actually manufactures the intakes. They claim to be an independent distributor.

I ordered a Secret Weapon Intake from secretweaponperformance.com a month ago and I haven't received it yet. They have already charged my card for the full amount.

They do not respond to email and do not answer the phone either. I have left numerous emails and voice messages. Nothing.

I called Weapon-R about this and the guy on the phone said that they are indeed an authorized dealer and that they typically take a while to ship items.

I'm not sure what's going on at this point. I'm very frustrated and just want my money back. I really don't know what to do at this point.

So yeah...WALK AWAY from that website!
Old 03-03-2011
Kenny the Ricer

You can call your credit card company to cancel the payment

Tell them that you've never received the product, and that you cant reach any of their representatives, and therefore, you want your money back.
Old 03-03-2011
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Pay for EVERYTHING through paypal...
Old 03-03-2011
Registered!!

I paid for it with my debit card. Bank of America is saying that I can dispute it on the grounds that the product was never received, but the problem is that they need a date by which the company promised to ship the product.

Secretweaponperformance.com did not say at all when they would ship the product and as such according to the BOA rep, I have no grounds to dispute the charge.

Is it just me or does this sound a little ludicrous? I feel like I'm stuck in some kind of loop hole. What would you do??
Old 03-03-2011
Kenny the Ricer

I checked out their website, and apparently, they ship UPS Ground,
Which typically takes 1~5 days.

Nowhere does it say processing time.
I found review that it arrived within 4 days
http://www.resellerratings.com/store...Performance_co

whether or not that is a fake account to promote website, i do not know, as both accounts only have 1 review
Old 03-04-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

if they drop ship, i can see it taking a month or two.
Old 03-04-2011
TRUST me! I'm Idiot Proof!

BobDobolina has a spectacular aura aboutBobDobolina has a spectacular aura aboutBobDobolina has a spectacular aura about

You can buy that intake anywhere. I had one (on my 07', RIP) and it was great. If somebody said that site gave em' ****, screw that site and buy from another...intakes an intake, whomever you buy it from.
Old 03-04-2011
Premium Member

+1 ive had my secret weapon for a long time and its the best sounding/looking/performing intake ive used. i doubt i would ever change it.
Old 03-04-2011
Registered!!

Thanks for directing me to the other site gearbox. Ill take your advice and exp on this one. I'm ordering the intake within the next 24 hours!
Old 03-24-2011
Registered!!

G-ROD is an unknown quantity at this point

scooty what happen with ur situation with secretweaponperformance.com
did u resolve your problem.
Old 03-25-2011
Registered!!

I've got my bank involved. The bank posted a temporary credit to my account for the amount I lost. In the mean time they're looking into it. I guess it can take a while. What did you buy from SWP?
Old 03-26-2011
Premium Member

read the note on the official weapon-r site

http://weapon-r.com/home
Old 03-26-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Well, that should speed up his recovery process a bit
Old 03-26-2011
Registered!!

thefatalepic is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to thank all of you. My car is missing an intake so I was planning on dropping ~$150 for an Injen short ram I saw on THmotorsports. I came across this thread and the secret weapon looks f*cking sweet!

Right now I've got a Spectre filter directly attached to the motor. (I bought it like this). The little rubber hose thingy (I don't know what it's for - well I simply know nothing about cars) that normally attaches to the intake is cut and is just leaning against the filter. The sensor is also just dangling there

I'm not sure but I'm assuming this is why 30% of the time when I turn my A/C on and the car is idle the RPM's dip down and the car shuts off .

Last edited by thefatalepic; 03-26-2011 at 01:10 PM. Reason: the infamous "its" v. "it's" dilemma
Old 03-26-2011
Premium Member

its possible, that hose is for intake vacuum for the engine pcv system and the sensor is for air temp. they really need to be connected. and i love my WR intake. the filter is the best part altho its a pain to clean it every 6 months. works so much better when clean and not too bad if you have two filters.
Old 03-26-2011
Registered!!

thefatalepic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gearbox
its possible, that hose is for intake vacuum for the engine pcv system and the sensor is for air temp. they really need to be connected. and i love my WR intake. the filter is the best part altho its a pain to clean it every 6 months. works so much better when clean and not too bad if you have two filters.
You clean it every 6 months? How? Run warm water through it in the kitchen sink? I had no idea these things needed to be cleaned.

Am I doing any damage to the engine driving it like that? The little hose is just there against the outside of the filter sucking up un-filtered air.
Old 03-26-2011
Premium Member

WR makes a cleaning kit with cleaner you spray on and then let it sit, wash with water, let dry, and oil. i prefer the WR cleaner (simple green type solvent) and UNI spray oil. it doesnt need much oil just a light coat on both sides. it filters so well that around 6 months most of the filter is covered with dirt. it still works fine, but it wont flow air as fast. the foam is really thick and you could prolly go a year between cleanings, but performance will suffer. and yeah i would not drive with an open pcv hose. aside from sucking unfiltered air, it can also damage the motor over time because there is no vacuum for the pcv system to work and vent the engine of harmful gases.
Old 03-26-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

Are intakes really worth it? It seems like it's fad since it's an easy mod. If it gets a noticeable increase in gas milage then I would consider getting one. I've never heard of one of our cars with a shortram...they always have blast packs along with it so I cant tell if the intake roars or if thats just a blast pack.
Old 03-26-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon
Are intakes really worth it? It seems like it's fad since it's an easy mod. If it gets a noticeable increase in gas milage then I would consider getting one. I've never heard of one of our cars with a shortram...they always have blast packs along with it so I cant tell if the intake roars or if thats just a blast pack.
a $20 intake? Worth it

Increase in gas mileage? No

Increase in leadfoot? Yes
I'll film my car for ya, it has just a short ram, the thing is loud, especially in an underpass, or tunnel (Obviously not as loud as an exhaust, but loud enough where it's not annoying)
Old 03-26-2011
Premium Member

i would never go back to stock. and intakes do not get loud unless you mash the gas. normal driving it has no sound. the WR is the quietest by far compared to other brands due to the thick foam. anyway first theres weight reduction. the stock boxes and brackets weigh near 10 lbs and aftermarket is maybe 1 or 2 lbs. it also cleans up the engine bay alot, making it a ton easier to work on the car and see where all the parts are. as for hp, not more than 2-3whp in the higher rpms and maybe a tiny bit down low. better gas mileage, yes because it is sucking in warmer air near the engine which has less oxygen. less oxygen means less fuel injected. car will feel a bit slower in summer and bit faster in winter. when my car was stock, i barely got 38mpg on the freeway. now with intake and exhaust i get upto 42 mpg sometimes. im sure it helps. and when you feel like mashing the gas, you get a nice sound lol. the benefits far outweigh the negatives (if any). and the filters are reusable so you will save some $$ over time.

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon
Old 03-26-2011
Registered!!

For the sake of efficiency(weight) I would look into getting one. But I would not wanna be that guy who roars his engine wherever he goes.

KennyKid2002 that would be much appreciated! I'd rather have a CAI to fight the summer heat, but I fight way too many puddles.

Anybody have experience with a Jdm "whale *****"?? Ill do a search too. When I mean experience, I mean on your car
Old 03-26-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I'm pretty sure no one makes a whale ***** for the d17.
Old 03-26-2011
Registered!!

Your right, i just looked them up, they are not manufacturered for d17's...dam.
Old 03-27-2011
Registered!!

G-ROD is an unknown quantity at this point

i got an intake, it has been 3 weeks now and no answer. i looked around and found a numbers and a similar company called drive mod, this is the name that showed up on the bill. both seem to be the same company. google ash kurt, the name of owner of the website, see what u can find. what steps did u do with your bank.
Old 04-01-2011
Registered!!

Sorry to hear that, you'll probably never get your intake. I called up my bank and told that I would like to dispute the charge based on the fact that I never received the product within the promised time frame as determined by the fact that they use UPS (5-7 business) days for shipping.

The bank immediately issued temporary credit to my account while they look into the matter. They said it can take up to 90 days. I'm assuming they will be just as unsuccessful trying to contact Secret Weapon Performance.com. Visa will most likely reverse the payment on the vendor's account and attempt to collect from them. So far its been about a month and my bank does not have any status updates for me.

In the mean time I encourage anyone who has paid for and not received product from Secret Weapon Performance.com to please come forward and write about it here. It will strengthen our collective cases against the company.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Business with secret weapon performance